Tanguy Ndombele

Jair Ventura

So that means they might not need him but they do want him. It's probably between psg and city now but I just see City will probably get him.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere to sit on the bench. I also don’t believe Pep has the pull the hype suggest.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I don’t think he’s going anywhere to sit on the bench. I also don’t believe Pep has the pull the hype suggest.

Pep might not have the pull he used to but the EPL and City does. With as much as Pep rotates his players, he'll get enough playing time the first season to keep him content. D. Silva and Fernadinho are not getting younger too.

We'll see what happens.

Jair Ventura

Pep might not have the pull he used to but the EPL and City does. With as much as Pep rotates his players, he'll get enough playing time the first season to keep him content. D. Silva and Fernadinho are not getting younger too.

We'll see what happens.

None of the worlds best or most marketable players play for City or in the EPL. The closest thing they have are Kante, Hazard, Pogba, and KDB. Arguably the best of those is on his way out.

But that we will.

Arizona Scott

None of the worlds best or most marketable players play for City or in the EPL. The closest thing they have are Kante, Hazard, Pogba, and KDB. Arguably the best of those is on his way out.

But that we will.

5 of the top 10 valued players, and 12 of those valued over 80 mil, play in the EPL. Salah, Kane, Pogba, KDB have high marketability as well.

Pep in City is a huge draws for players, not that they really need anything more in their squad. They an afford to be choosy and relatively risk adverse because they have no glaring holes.

Jair Ventura

5 of the top 10 valued players, and 12 of those valued over 80 mil, play in the EPL. Salah, Kane, Pogba, KDB have high marketability as well.

Pep in City is a huge draws for players, not that they really need anything more in their squad. They an afford to be choosy and relatively risk adverse because they have no glaring holes.

- No one takes those valuations seriously. Stop trying to gauge players and or teams with inane mathematical formulas. Football isn’t the MLB.

- I repeat— City doesn’t have any of the worlds top players. Not from the standpoint of ability or marketability.

Last edited:

VN10

Seems like a pretty good replacement for Rakitic!

Although, if we are going to play Coutinho in midfield (#10) it would be wiser to play with more conservative players behind him like Busi/De Jong + Arthur.

YodaMaster

- No one takes those valuations seriously. Stop trying to gauge players and or teams with inane mathematical formulas. Football isn’t the MLB.

- I repeat— City doesn’t have any of the worlds top players. Not from the standpoint of ability or marketability.

Disagree. Ability wise at least.

City's midfield alone is easily top 3 in the world.
KDB is the best midfielder in the world btw.
David Silva a top 10 or top 5 midfielder on his day.
As for strikers, we're in a weak era.
I consider that only Suarez has been a truly great striker in the last 5 years. So a guy like Aguero is among the best at his position.
Same goes for Fernandinho. What DM has been better than him in recent years except maybe Busquets and Casemiro ?

Last edited:

VN10

Are you for real?

KDB, Aguero, Silva, Walker, Sterling and Fernandinho are not top players at their position?
Besides, with the likes of Ederson, Jesus, Mendy, Stones and Sané they have soon to be top players in their squad.

What a weird thing to say [MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION].

Messi983

Are you for real?

KDB, Aguero, Silva, Walker, Sterling and Fernandinho are not top players at their position?
Besides, with the likes of Ederson, Jesus, Mendy, Stones and Sané they have soon to be top players in their squad.

None of them (besides Mendy who is injury prone) is a farmer though.

Jair Ventura

Are you for real?

- KDB, Sané, and Auguero are good players, but none one of them are amongst the very best in the world. They’ve all been inconsistent in the UCL and with their national teams. In terms of marketability none of them register. Analyzing their performances/marketability against Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar reflects a clear gap.

- Much of the above is also true about Silva, but he has enjoyed some success with the Spanish National team over his career, though not recently.

- Walker, Sterling, John Stones, and Fernandinho are average. The latter cost us in the WC against Belgium.

- Jesus has turned into a meme, Mendy is injury prone.

These players tend to be overrated because they play in England. Very few of them are as dominate in continental or international competitions.

Home of Barca Fans