Tanguy Ndombele

Jombi

was gonna say this. looks a bit like a mini yaya

yaya, however, looked silky smooth on the ball and could bang one in from anywhere. most complete midifielder i ever watched

His composure, positional awareness and stamina was not up to par though.

Newcomer

Ah the "awesome" deals with guys like Gomes, Arda, Vidal(RB), Deulofeu, Denis, Paco etc. have really paid off. Who needs Pogba for 100m when you can have these guys for 130m? No brainer really. Do you get my drift?

Anyway we'll probably have to pay around what you have to pay for FDJ. Aulas is just starting high, we'll start low and meet in the middle.

I agree with everything you have just said.

Money aside, you should seek the highest quality ever (Pogba, Bernardo etc.).

Truth is, FFP is a thing (Barça has to be cautious with their huge payroll mass) and make smart moves.

Juve, for example, just did this kind of deals. They went from a team that came back from Serie B to an unbeatable juggernaut in Serie A and serious contender in CL.

They took Coman on a free from PSG (again !), he did great there and they sold him for a good benefice to Bayern. In return, they got a pretty good player as Douglas Costa.

They got Khedira on free, Can on free, Ramsey on free soon. Little step by little step, they grew financially to the point of being able to afford Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rabiot may or my not work, but i explain (basically) how it works for FFP. If you sell him later on for let's say 30-40 M, it is enough to cover 1 or 2 year of a purchase like de Jong in FFP term.

Getting Rabiot for "free" means you can allocate a lot more money for next striker purchase (while PSG won't be able to compete because of the cost of a de Jong for example).

Sorin

I agree with everything you have just said.

Money aside, you should seek the highest quality ever (Pogba, Bernardo etc.).

Truth is, FFP is a thing (Barça has to be cautious with their huge payroll mass) and make smart moves.

Juve, for example, just did this kind of deals. They went from a team that came back from Serie B to an unbeatable juggernaut in Serie A and serious contender in CL.

They took Coman on a free from PSG (again !), he did great there and they sold him for a good benefice to Bayern. In return, they got a pretty good player as Douglas Costa.

They got Khedira on free, Can on free, Ramsey on free soon. Little step by little step, they grew financially to the point of being able to afford Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rabiot may or my not work, but i explain (basically) how it works for FFP. If you sell him later on for let's say 30-40 M, it is enough to cover 1 or 2 year of a purchase like de Jong in FFP term.

Getting Rabiot for "free" means you can allocate a lot more money for next striker purchase (while PSG won't be able to compete because of the cost of a de Jong for example).

The comparison between Barcelona and Juve doesn't make any sense. They've begun from almost scratch. They needed this kind of deals to grow. They play in a one team league for years now. Even with barely above average players they'll still win the league. Suffice to say that with teams equal to Atletico and RM, Juve would start to need WC players to stand a chance. Instead they cycle through the likes of Coman, Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, Can etc. with almost no downside. That won't work with us. Well it still works because we have the GOAT. Soon enough we won't have him and we'll be left with the likes of squad level player Rabiot challenging RM. Would rather shoot a bullet in my head.

We on the other hand already have such a higher starting point that we don't need those little moves to "grow". We need already made WC players to come to compete. Middling squad players on huge wages don't help us at all because, as you say, we already have a bloated wage bill. We don't need several barely above average players fucking it up even more. It's better to have one great player on bigger wages than 5 good ones on lesser wages. Eventually they add up and we still don't have the world class player and we'll have trouble finding teams for the overvalued squad player.

Anyway don't want to continue this discussion any further because no amount of debating will make me rate Rabiot at a level of uncontested CM starter in Barcelona and as such I won't like this deal. Would rather make no deal than Rabiot on free. He adds absolutely nothing when we already have a guy with a higher ceiling in Arthur.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

This guy is the real deal. Was evident very early into his career.

I actually think that Ndombélé would be the better fit than de Jong given his much greater dynamism, pace and defensive work. He would fit nicely alongside Arthur who is more static in the sense of top speed and stamina although the latter can be easily worked on in his age and a Coutinho type of player. That would be a tremendous midfield.

I also believe that he has the tools to grow into a "Yaya Touré" type of player, meaning a player that initially started as a pure DM but later developed immensely offensively due to his talent.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's gonna have to play great against us to get the attention of the board I think. It's pretty fortunate that a player of N'dombele's quality is also an option even though FDJ is out. The problem is we don't know if Barca will be interested, nor how Lyon will react to offers. Are they shopping him the way Ajax were with De Jong? I somehow doubt it.

This could very well end up with us just getting Rabiot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Most likely in same price range, 60M+ for sure.
Wage could be less tbf.

If he plays well against us, which shouldn't be a tough task if Valverde goes with a conservative midfield with Rakitic and Busquets, his price will shoot up.

Jombi

If he plays well against us, which shouldn't be a tough task if Valverde goes with a conservative midfield with Rakitic and Busquets, his price will shoot up.

Yes, its probably best to hope that both N'Dombele and Aouar have decent to poor games against us, but not so bad that they are ruled out as potential summer signings.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Barca, against all the odds manage to land Frenkie de Jong, I would still like them to go for Ndombele and move on from Rakitic and potentially even Busquets by 2020.

[tw]1086400436062638081[/tw]

A midfield of Arthur - de Jong - Ndombele will have absolutely everything. Speed, tenacity, ability to escape pressure, physicality with Ndombele in case BBZ hops in to interject. Then you have someone like Riqui Puig hopefully bulking up a bit and making it behind them.

Perhaps it would be the best idea to sell Coutinho then. Finding it harder to find a place for him. Could help fund both transfers partly.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Choo choo. Is he the next chosen one? After FDJ signs with PSG our fan base has to turn to someone else.

The world does not evolve around Frenkie de Jong. There are plenty of other fish on the market. Ndombélé being one of them although it looks like Juve are already preparing a move for him if relatively reliable sources in Italy are to be believed. I for once rate both of them highly. That de Jong, on paper that is, might be the typical signing of ours (back when we actually had a sporting project), is hard to disagree with, but Ndombélé could add many of the same qualities and other qualities that de Jong does not have.

A midfield of Arthur - de Jong - Ndombele will have absolutely everything. Speed, tenacity, ability to escape pressure, physicality with Ndombele in case BBZ hops in to interject. Then you have someone like Riqui Puig hopefully bulking up a bit and making it behind them.

Perhaps it would be the best idea to sell Coutinho then. Finding it harder to find a place for him. Could help fund both transfers partly.

Disagree with that. A too slow/static midfield for my liking and with very little offensive power given how few goals all 3 score. I would prefer Ndombélé, Arthur and a Coutinho type midfielder (one that scores those 10 goals a season or at most 15 and offers a real threat going forward). In fact I could very well see Ndombélé (with his workrate, pace and the large portion of the field that he covers and much greater dynamism than de Jong), Arthur (controller and ball playing midfielder) and Coutinho (an offensive-minded midfielder) function really, really well. On paper that is and with a truly competent manager at the helm. Impossible to know how it would work like in practice but I would prefer such a midfield over the one that you mentioned. Also a more realistic midfield given that the club will never be able to buy both de Jong and Ndombélé. In fact it is very likely that the club is not going to buy either.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans