Tanguy Ndombele

khaled_a_d

Ndombele will prob not cost more than 50-55m. Lyon want their money, but their President Aulas lets their players go for less to major teams they want to play for. Also Abidal is close to Aulas so Barca have something to work with there too.

Won't be too long until Ndombele surpasses Rabiot as a player, if he hasn't already. He's everything BBZ believes Rabiot is, except he's actually good defensively, really slick on the ball and a very mobile player with decent pace. Comes with no ego and is a hard worker unlike pissy princess Rabiot who's spoiled and overprotected by his batshit agent-mom.

I'm fine with either of Ndombele for 50m or de Jong for a bit more, as long as we don't sign an overrated diva on 13m/year in wages and a guaranteed starting spot in an already slow midfield we need to build into one with more mobility and pace.

they have already rejected 50M from City last summer, his price range is likely 60-80M atm.
We have great relation with Lyon, probably the only club that has done bargain deals with them (Edmílson,Abidal & Umtiti) but I think there is a limit to what relation can get us

FinBarcelonafan

Ndombele will prob not cost more than 50-55m. Lyon want their money, but their President Aulas lets their players go for less to major teams they want to play for. Also Abidal is close to Aulas so Barca have something to work with there too.

Won't be too long until Ndombele surpasses Rabiot as a player, if he hasn't already. He's everything BBZ believes Rabiot is, except he's actually good defensively, really slick on the ball and a very mobile player with decent pace. Comes with no ego and is a hard worker unlike pissy princess Rabiot who's spoiled and overprotected by his batshit agent-mom.

I'm fine with either of Ndombele for 50m or de Jong for a bit more, as long as we don't sign an overrated diva on 13m/year in wages and a guaranteed starting spot in an already slow midfield we need to build into one with more mobility and pace.

Sounds like a good second choice to De Jong. Skip Rabiot.

Raketa10

Aulas loves too much money to refuse the biggest proposal.

Ndombele is very interested with the Parisian challenge.

De Jong and Ndombele with Verratti, it's would be great.

Yeah please break FFP again and than you won play in CL next year :lol:

BBZ8800

He's everything BBZ believes Rabiot is, except he's actually good defensively, really slick on the ball and a very mobile player with decent pace.

Like majority of people, I had no clue who Ndombele is, so I started to watch his clips in the last 2 days (since he is "a no brainer" pick) suddenly.

I watched some of his highlights and matches against Man City and he is a different player than Rabiot/Rakitic.
He is faster, moves more of the ball, but is also losing the ball easily due to too many fast first touch passes and direct forward passes.

Again, this is just my impression after knowing for him for 2 days, but for now, I would describe his passing play as closer to Vidal's or Alena's style of play than to Rakitic's/Rabiot's.

Ndombele is faster, stronger, more technical, with better dribbles.
Rabiot is slower, calmer, plays a slower type of football, and for now, imo, with a waaaaay higher footballing IQ than Ndombele.

Ndombele reminded me on Dembele in some moments while watching his highlights.
He can do a miracle in one moment, and the dumbest first touch or wtf pass in the next moment.

My personal vote is still: at least 1 Rakitic/Rabiot in a team.
Rabiot is way closer to Rakitic than Ndombele, imo.

This is the video I watched:
I personally don't like that type of players. Risking in every single action. Don't know when it is a moment to risk, and when it is a moment to calm down and play a safe pass:

Jombi

Rabiot the smart misunderstood giant :lol:

He's the poster who blasted De Jong as a joke of a signing for a club like Barca and attacked De Jong for playing too many forward passes in an edited youtube clip of his forward passes...

Jombi

I dont see why only one of Raki and Busi need competition. They're the same age and they both show signs of ageing. If anything, we need two midfielders, not one.

khaled_a_d

Like majority of people, I had no clue who Ndombele is, so I started to watch his clips in the last 2 days (since he is "a no brainer" pick) suddenly.

I watched some of his highlights and matches against Man City and he is a different player than Rabiot/Rakitic.
He is faster, moves more of the ball, but is also losing the ball easily due to too many fast first touch passes and direct forward passes.

Again, this is just my impression after knowing for him for 2 days, but for now, I would describe his passing play as closer to Vidal's or Alena's style of play than to Rakitic's/Rabiot's.

Ndombele is faster, stronger, more technical, with better dribbles.
Rabiot is slower, calmer, plays a slower type of football, and for now, imo, with a waaaaay higher footballing IQ than Ndombele.

I didn't watch him much either, but regarding the passing thing:
Ndombele has 89.1% pass accuracy in the league, 3rd in any player in Lyon played more than 500 minutes. The 2 players with better accuracy are Denayer who is CB, and Lucas Tousart who played way less minutes and average 10 less pass per game.Rabiot beats him with 93% pass accuracy, but considering the level of the teams they are playing that doesn't sound big difference
Ndombele is DM, and if we are signing him for that position I care more about how he does on defensive end, because if we are talking about pass accuracy we can just keep playing Busquets for next decade

BBZ8800

I didn't watch him much either, but regarding the passing thing:
Ndombele has 89.1% pass accuracy in the league, 3rd in any player in Lyon played more than 500 minutes. The 2 players with better accuracy are Denayer who is CB, and Lucas Tousart who played way less minutes and average 10 less pass per game.Rabiot beats him with 93% pass accuracy, but considering the level of the teams they are playing that doesn't sound big difference
Ndombele is DM, and if we are signing him for that position I care more about how he does on defensive end, because if we are talking about pass accuracy we can just keep playing Busquets for next decade

This season in La Ligue, defensive stats:
Tackles:
Rabiot 2,5
Ndombele 1,9

Interceptions:
Rabiot 0,7
Ndombele 0,4

Clearances:
Rabiot 1,3
Ndombele 0,3

If we are talking about DM, Rabiot is better.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

This season in La Ligue, defensive stats:
Tackles:
Rabiot 2,5
Ndombele 1,9

Interceptions:
Rabiot 0,7
Ndombele 0,4

Clearances:
Rabiot 1,3
Ndombele 0,3

If we are talking about DM, Doctor Rabiot is better, as always :valverde2:

Defense is the last thing to judge by stats tbh. Especially for DM, how fast you cover for counter attacks, provide protection against midfielders attacking your penalty area or trying to shoot, closing passing lanes etc. most of those doesn't show in stats
Those are things you need to watch the game in order to judge

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Defense is the last thing to judge by stats tbh. Especially for DM, how fast you cover for counter attacks, provide protection against midfielders attacking your penalty area or trying to shoot, closing passing lanes etc. most of those doesn't show in stats
Those are things you need to watch the game in order to judge

Ndombele is more of an 8 than a 6.

Home of Barca Fans