Tanguy Ndombele

BBZ8800

That's rich, coming from a poster who wanted to blow our budget on Milinkovic Savic and Daniel Parejo last summer.

I am not sure if you are trolling or have wrong memories.

I asked you to find a post where I wanted Parejo.
Or where ANYONE EVER wanted Parejo.

About Savic, I jumped on his train for like a few days before a WC, without watching him.
But jumped off of his train immediately.

What is worse, do you realize that even a crappy Parejo would be a better shorter term (like 2-3 years) and immediate fit for Barca than majority of players mentioned above?
If that fact is not disturbing regarding these flavor of the Month kids, then I don't know how to change your minds...

Jombi

I am not sure if you are trolling or have wrong memories.

I asked you to find a post where I wanted Parejo.
Or where ANYONE EVER wanted Parejo.

About Savic, I jumped on his train for like a few days before a WC, without watching him.
But jumped off of his train immediately.

What is worse, do you realize that even a crappy Parejo would be a better shorter term (like 2-3 years) and immediate fit for Barca than majority of players mentioned above?
If that fact is not disturbing regarding these flavor of the Month kids, then I don't know how to change your minds...

You wanted Parejo as an immediate fit and short term solution for our midfield.
You keep bragging about how good you are at judging players and when you're called out for your nonsense, you keep blaming others for your opinion, claiming others convinced you that they were good. If Milinkovic Savic had blown up, you would have bragged about how good you are at judging players for sure. Since you wanted us to blow our budget on him last summer, you now blame others for your own opinion.

You've made a fool out of yourself regarding Arthur and De Jong, comparing them to garbage players, and mocking the people who wanted them.

We need half a dozen bargain signings in the next few years. Your wish for lots of superstar signings is totally unrealistic and delusional.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

You wanted Parejo as an immediate fit and short term solution for our midfield.
You keep bragging about how good you are at judging players and when you're called out for your nonsense, you keep blaming others for your opinion, claiming others convinced you that they were good. If Milinkovic Savic had blown up, you would have bragged about how good you are at judging players for sure. Since you wanted us to blow our budget on him last summer, you now blame others for your own opinion.

You've made a fool out of yourself regarding Arthur and De Jong, comparing them to garbage players, and mocking the people who wanted them.

We need half a dozen bargain signings in the next few years. Your wish for lots of superstar signings is totally unrealistic and delusional.

I made way less mistakes than you or anyone who is after a flavor of the Month every time.
My only mistakes were Arthur, even though, we'll yet to see how his forward passing game will develop.
And Mats, during his frosty days.

I called other players as not good enough after 2-3 matches or after a few Months (but still way earlier than when "a collectove brain of a forum" gave up on them): Alexis, Bartra, Halilovic, Adama, Sandro, Dongou, Samper, Kaptoum, Denis, Digne, Paco, Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, Rafinha in old days, Roberto as a CM in old days, Alena in the last 1-2 years, Coric, Kluivert, Gerson.

So, even if I made a mistake with Arthur, my record is way better than "we believe in everything from La Masia" or "flavor of the month" guys.
If you were sporting directors of Barca, you would have lead our club into a grave a few years ago.
And transfers of Arda and Paulinho are masterminds-Einsteinlike transfers compared to guys who would buy EVERY SINGLE flavor of the month guy, with "he is a no brainer" claim.
And: 80M is nothing for such a prospect in a current era...

About De Jong, he is a very good player and I would like to have him here.
But as time goes by, imo, a hype around him is unreal and he will get nowhere near a level which you guys are expecting.
But you'll always have alibies. If he'll come to Barca, Ernie will be guilty for his stagnation.
If he goes to Psg, "a farmer's league" will be guilty for his stagnation.

I am just relying on stats, while you are led by emotions.
As explained, majority of you, always NEED some "hope".
In the last 12 Months, your HOPE was Frenkie.
And since Psg's reports, you needed a new object of hope, and you immediately turned to Ndombele.
He is THE GUY suddenly.
If he will be stolen by aliens tomorrow, you guys will just find some random new guy in the next 24 hours who will be "the next big thing".

So, it is NOT about Ndombele actually being that good.
It is more about your psychological need to have some OBJECT of your dreams, who will make you calm and give you hopes that our future is bright.

The same happened with Alena/Puig.
You all need dreams/hopes about at least one La Masia kid.
Alena was an object of your dreams for years.
And now, since he is stagnating, having a bad touch, not having a clear position in our system, your brain immediately turned to a new object, who will (in your heads): have everything (until proven the opposite, and then you will jump to a new guy in 24 hours)=>Riqui Puig

So, imo, your (not your's, like Jombi's, but from majority of posters) decisions and judgements are driven by emotions, needs, hopes and desires, not by objectivity and cold logic.
So, feel free to quote me: Parejo has way higher chances to be a more useful player for Barca in the next 2-3 years than any player like a young, current Ndombele.
What will happen in 5 years with Ndombele, I don't know. It doesn't matter.
We are buying players for today, not for 2024'.
That doesn't mean that I like Parejo. But seriously, if I had to pick one of them for the 2nd part of a season 2018/19, of course that I would pick an experienced Parejo over another "what if/who knows what might happen" player like Ndombele.
If you are asking me who will be better in 2022, that is irrelevant. In 2022', we will buy a guy who will be better in THAT moment.
Today is a December of 2018'.

Last edited:

Jombi

I made way less mistakes than you or anyone who is after a flavor of the Month every time.
My only mistakes were Arthur, even though, we'll yet to see how his forward passing game will develop.
And Mats, during his frosty days.

I called other players as not good enough after 2-3 matches or after a few Months (but still way earlier than when "a collectove brain of a forum" gave up on them): Alexis, Bartra, Halilovic, Adama, Sandro, Dongou, Samper, Kaptoum, Denis, Digne, Paco, Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, Rafinha in old days, Roberto as a CM in old days, Alena in the last 1-2 years, Coric, Kluivert, Gerson.

So, even if I made a mistake with Arthur, my record is way better than "we believe in everything from La Masia" or "flavor of the month" guys.
If you were sporting directors of Barca, you would have lead our club into a grave a few years ago.
And transfers of Arda and Paulinho are masterminds-Einsteinlike transfers compared to guys who would buy EVERY SINGLE flavor of the month guy, with "he is a no brainer" claim.
And: 80M is nothing for such a prospect in a current era...

About De Jong, he is a very good player and I would like to have him here.
But as time goes by, imo, a hype around him is unreal and he will get nowhere near a level which you guys are expecting.
But you'll always have alibies. If he'll come to Barca, Ernie will be guilty for his stagnation.
If he goes to Psg, "a farmer's league" will be guilty for his stagnation.

I am just relying on stats, while you are led by emotions.
As explained, majority of you, always NEED some "hope".
In the last 12 Months, your HOPE was Frenkie.
And since Psg's reports, you needed a new object of hope, and you immediately turned to Ndombele.
He is THE GUY suddenly.
If he will be stolen by aliens tomorrow, you guys will just find some random new guy in the next 24 hours who will be "the next big thing".

So, it is NOT about Ndombele actually being that good.
It is more about your psychological need to have some OBJECT of your dreams, who will make you calm and give you hopes that our future is bright.

The same happened with Alena/Puig.
You all need dreams/hopes about at least one La Masia kid.
Alena was an object of your dreams for years.
And now, since he is stagnating, having a bad touch, not having a clear position in our system, your brain immediately turned to a new object, who will (in your heads): have everything (until proven the opposite, and then you will jump to a new guy in 24 hours)=>Riqui Puig

So, imo, your (not your's, like Jombi's, but from majority of posters) decisions and judgements are driven by emotions, needs, hopes and desires, not by objectivity and cold logic.
So, feel free to quote me: Parejo has way higher chances to be a more useful player for Barca in the next 2-3 years than any player like a young, current Ndombele.
What will happen in 5 years with Ndombele, I don't know. It doesn't matter.
We are buying players for today, not for 2024'.
That doesn't mean that I like Parejo. But seriously, if I had to pick one of them for the 2nd part of a season 2018/19, of course that I would pick an experienced Parejo over another "what if/who knows what might happen" player like Ndombele.
If you are asking me who will be better in 2022, that is irrelevant. In 2022', we will buy a guy who will be better in THAT moment.
Today is a December of 2018'.

Its easy to say we should sign De Bruyne, Kane and Hazard or some other extremely expensive superstars and we will be successful if we sign them. But we cant afford the unrealistic stuff you want all the time. As you say, you are driven by emotions.

Now you say De Jong is a very good player and you would like us to sign him? For months on end, you mocked and ridiculed the posters who wanted us to sign him, claiming it was a joke for a club like Barca to sign him, comparing him to garbage players and that he needed 4-5 years at best before he could even be useful for us. Yet, you cant even admit you were dead wrong and have to blame others for your own opinions, like you did with Milinkovic Savic.

La Masia has been a joke for ten years. You pick the opinion of a few posters and claim the whole forum believes Alena of all players is the best thing ever, which is laughable. I dont think I've ever said anything positive about Alena ever.

When you just dismiss every young player except Milinkovic Savic without knowing anything about them, and then brag about how good your judgement is, it becomes a bit too much. Telling us that we should simply buy superstars is not a solution.

Raketa10

To be fair if I had to choose to pay samo BIG MONEY for Ndombele or get Rabiot for free I would take Rabiot any day of the week. No brainer at all.

Jombi

To be fair if I had to choose to pay samo BIG MONEY for Ndombele or get Rabiot for free I would take Rabiot any day of the week. No brainer at all.

Rabiot isnt free. If he gets 26m euros per year for five years its 130m euros in wages. Plus signing on fee. Whats the signing on fee? I think Rabiot is a good player, but his attitude and professionalism is a major issue too.

If Ndombele is a big money signing, it doesnt make sense to sign him. But Aouar and Ndombele are two of the absolute best alternatives in the market.

Raketa10

Rabiot isnt free. If he gets 26m euros per year for five years its 130m euros in wages. Plus signing on fee. Whats the signing on fee? I think Rabiot is a good player, but his attitude and professionalism is a major issue too.

If Ndombele is a big money signing, it doesnt make sense to sign him. But Aouar and Ndombele are two of the absolute best alternatives in the market.

Of course they will be expensive, IMHO only FDJ is the right choice for that amount of money. I wouldn't give 13 mil to Rabiot but for the right salary he would be a good signing if we fail to sign FDJ.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Ndombele will prob not cost more than 50-55m. Lyon want their money, but their President Aulas lets their players go for less to major teams they want to play for. Also Abidal is close to Aulas so Barca have something to work with there too.

Won't be too long until Ndombele surpasses Rabiot as a player, if he hasn't already. He's everything BBZ believes Rabiot is, except he's actually good defensively, really slick on the ball and a very mobile player with decent pace. Comes with no ego and is a hard worker unlike pissy princess Rabiot who's spoiled and overprotected by his batshit agent-mom.

I'm fine with either of Ndombele for 50m or de Jong for a bit more, as long as we don't sign an overrated diva on 13m/year in wages and a guaranteed starting spot in an already slow midfield we need to build into one with more mobility and pace.

Last edited:

Lutece FC

Ndombele it's 75 M€ with today price.

I hope he stays in France, Paris will be a great destination for him. French talent must stay in French.

At least i hope he won't sign in Premier League, this championship isn't able to create talents, or very few number...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Aulas loves too much money to refuse the biggest proposal.

Ndombele is very interested with the Parisian challenge.

De Jong and Ndombele with Verratti, it's would be great.

What challenge lol? You could have a monkey as your manager and still win the league easily.

Jombi

Aulas loves too much money to refuse the biggest proposal.

Ndombele is very interested with the Parisian challenge.

De Jong and Ndombele with Verratti, it's would be great.

That midfield doesnt score enough goals.

Thats one of the reasons I like the idea of signing Houssem Aouar. He offers both composure and a goal threat. A midfield with very few goals, risks being predictable.

Home of Barca Fans