Would you bring Thiago back home if possible?

Bring back Thiago?

• Yes, I'd go as far as €120m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Antimadridista1

Not our money.. Club's already spending crazy amounts on the likes of Dembele and Coutinho, so what's the difference if it's 50m or 100m again ?

I don't care, just bring him back. We need quality midfielders and he's one of the few left in Europe

Ursegor

World Champion
His injuries don't bother me but he is the Higuain of midfielders. Can you name 3 big CL games where he shined in his entire career? And he's 27. His father figure coach benched him in CL knockout games for some makeshift fullback-midfielder.

Don't know what you think you are going to get with him. Another Barcaforum obsession like Benatia, Seri, Sarri, Sampaoli etc.

serghei

His injuries don't bother me but he is the Higuain of midfielders. Can you name 3 big CL games where he shined in his entire career? And he's 27. His father figure coach benched him in CL knockout games for some makeshift fullback-midfielder.

Don't know what you think you are going to get with him. Another Barcaforum obsession like Benatia, Seri, Sarri, Sampaoli etc.

Wouldn't go that far, but it's clear he doesn't really rise up to the challenge too often. I think he played very well in both games vs Madrid on Bernabeu in CL.

Morten

Wtf are people blaming Thiago for Bayern losing against RM? Its not his job to score the goals, Thiago did his part with supplying, not his fault Lewa and Mueller were inept.

BarçaBarça

He could never be the one that solves our midfield - his injuries hinders that. But for the right price he can inject a much needed quality-boost into our system, and easily slip into the barca way, whereas others like Arthur we can't be sure in advance. Take him for the right price, but don't bet on him to solve everything - other adjustments are needed.

As I see it, he has a higher toplevel than Eriksen, who at the other hand are more reliable and stable (and more expensive). If financially possible I would take Thiago.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I mean, y'all should know by now I've been pretty much begging for this since Pep left Bayern. Personally, I would include Raki for a swap deal and honestly just see if they'd take that straight up. Both players suit the other club's style so much more while they both have experience in the league they'd be going to, which could be a persuasive selling point to Bayern. At most maybe 15-20 mil as well but it doesn't seem like Bayern will be trying to milk it with him and would rather just move it quickly so they can make a move, most likely to lock down James.

Regarding his injuries, the way he plays and the fact that he is in Bundesliga, it really should be no surprise he has had injury problems since he's been there. The way he plays on the ball and his ability to play around pressure off a dribble is going to draw a lot of fouls in a very physical league like Bundesliga. Xavi, David Silva, Iniesta, had these sort of players played in a system like the one Thiago does at Bayern, they'd all have similar issues. Our medical team is also pretty solid too compared to others and if you think about other big clubs around Europe and how they have been able to keep their key players healthy, Barca stands out pretty well. Not saying we are fail-proof but between our medical staff and the just the general nature of La Liga, Thiago's injury problems wouldn't be so problematic. Besides, theoretically, that gives chances to Alena, which is why his promotion is so important to this team.

We desperately need to strengthen our depth with players who have the core characteristics of our style, in midfield probably more than in any other department in our squad currently. This open, counter-attacking, physical MF with no players who can really dictate the tempo in MF outside of Busi must stop this summer if we want this shit to end. Thiago would be a great step towards us having the players we need to make our style work again, which needs to be the emphasis here.

Jombi

He was the best player on the field against Sevilla away when Bayern sealed their semi final spot. Great against Madrid away as well. And thats just this CL season. A great player, but Bayern obviously will not sell for this ridiculous prices rumored.

RIZALDINHO

yes i would, we need to improve our midfield, he is injury prone but i will still buy him because he is miles better then the midfielders we have at the moment

ShervinJ

If we are going to sign him we need to sign him now. Spain will probably have a good world cup and his price will definitely go up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we are going to sign him we need to sign him now. Spain will probably have a good world cup and his price will definitely go up.

If he's available for a reasonable price they should definitely start talking with Bayern about him fairly soon. It's a market opportunity.

Devils

I mean, y'all should know by now I've been pretty much begging for this since Pep left Bayern. Personally, I would include Raki for a swap deal and honestly just see if they'd take that straight up. Both players suit the other club's style so much more while they both have experience in the league they'd be going to, which could be a persuasive selling point to Bayern. At most maybe 15-20 mil as well but it doesn't seem like Bayern will be trying to milk it with him and would rather just move it quickly so they can make a move, most likely to lock down James.

Regarding his injuries, the way he plays and the fact that he is in Bundesliga, it really should be no surprise he has had injury problems since he's been there. The way he plays on the ball and his ability to play around pressure off a dribble is going to draw a lot of fouls in a very physical league like Bundesliga. Xavi, David Silva, Iniesta, had these sort of players played in a system like the one Thiago does at Bayern, they'd all have similar issues. Our medical team is also pretty solid too compared to others and if you think about other big clubs around Europe and how they have been able to keep their key players healthy, Barca stands out pretty well. Not saying we are fail-proof but between our medical staff and the just the general nature of La Liga, Thiago's injury problems wouldn't be so problematic. Besides, theoretically, that gives chances to Alena, which is why his promotion is so important to this team.

We desperately need to strengthen our depth with players who have the core characteristics of our style, in midfield probably more than in any other department in our squad currently. This open, counter-attacking, physical MF with no players who can really dictate the tempo in MF outside of Busi must stop this summer if we want this shit to end. Thiago would be a great step towards us having the players we need to make our style work again, which needs to be the emphasis here.

Getting rid of Rakitic only adds to the risk of signing Thiago because if he gets injured Rakitic is the only established player capable of slotting in.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Getting rid of Rakitic only adds to the risk of signing Thiago because if he gets injured Rakitic is the only established player capable of slotting in.

That player would be Sergi Roberto in that scenario. And for my money, Sergi can do all of the things Raki can do outside of hitting the odd outside of the box pill every now and then.

Home of Barca Fans