Lliga | Round 38: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad 1-0

JamDav1982

AFAIK he's only suspended in the competition he picked up those yellow cards in so he should be free to play cup games or for the first team.

Could be but certainly in other leagues suspensions can carry over between first team and reserve teams etc.

So thought may be case here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could be but certainly in other leagues suspensions can carry over between first team and reserve teams etc.

So thought may be case here.

You could be on to something here.

Ah well. Guess we'll have the dynamic duo Gomes and Denis playing a lot tomorrow.

God Serena

We've had Barca B players make the match squad while being suspended for Barca B plenty of times in the past under managers who don't actively avoid using B team players at every opportunity.

JamDav1982

We've had Barca B players make the match squad while being suspended for Barca B plenty of times in the past under managers who don't actively avoid using B team players at every opportunity.

You sure about that?

Would think rules would say that cant be the case as in most countries but not really looked.

God Serena

You sure about that?

Would think rules would say that cant be the case as in most countries but not really looked.

I'm pretty sure Lucho brought him along every time he got suspended last season, although he only ever played for a few garbage minutes if he was lucky. There wasn't ever a time where Alena made the bench under Lucho while the B team was playing.

JamDav1982

I'm pretty sure Lucho brought him along every time he got suspended last season, although he only ever played for a few garbage minutes if he was lucky. There wasn't ever a time where Alena made the bench under Lucho while the B team was playing.

Ok thought you knew for a fact that it had happened.

Seems strange if that is the rules but maybe.

xXKonan

DdqGARpVMAEdzCQ.jpg

FCBfan22

There is also talk that Iniesta will be subbed for Messi, to symbolise the passing of captain's armband.

Last edited:

Ripsta

I don't understand the point in resting Messi. On one hand I get it prevents a potential injury before the World Cup, but on the other he'll just go in lacking a bit of match fitness, it's still a few weeks away and he's played just a handful of minutes over the past couple weeks.

Valverde really is a stupid cunt.

behindbrowneyes

I don't understand the point in resting Messi. On one hand I get it prevents a potential injury before the World Cup, but on the other he'll just go in lacking a bit of match fitness, it's still a few weeks away and he's played just a handful of minutes over the past couple weeks.

You don't know what Messi and Argentina have agreed on.

JamDav1982

He is getting rest.

You act like this is worst thing for Messi and the Argentina staff and he will be raging and Valverde just doing it regardless ffs.

Home of Barca Fans