Julian Nagelsmann

slicknick

I feel as though this guy deserves his own thread. Born on July 23rd, 1987; he is younger than Messi. Yet he took relegation-battling Hoffenheim to Top 4 last year, and improving this impressive feat this year by finishing 3rd ahead of BVB, despite Hoffenheim losing their 4 best players in the process.

The next best thing to come out of Germany? Let's discuss

El Gato

Villarato!
Never seen Hoffenheim play, but I already hate the celebrity tag people are attaching to the guy for being a young manager. CL spot does give him some pedigree, but something stops me wanting to take him as a serious shout for any top job. Let him manage for a decade and even win Pokal first before yelling "BAYERN!!!!" wildly in his general direction.

slicknick

Without intending to hype him up, I find his achievements with a mediocre squad genuinely exciting, really hope he keeps it up, and who knows, maybe we will see him.at Bayer, or even with us in the future (fingers crossed)

slicknick

[youtube]4jUBQhZ3_BQ[/youtube]
[youtube]ilq5hMy1yZc[/youtube]
[youtube]Ksnhitiak9g[/youtube]

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Cut from the same cloth as Tedesco, Wolf, Baum, Kohfeldt and all that ilk. It's all about internalizing playing systems now. Expect these coaches to be good, but fall short of actual greatness.
Apparently, you never have to have kicked an actual ball to become a coach now: It's sufficient to read 9000 zonal marking articles to ace the Weisweiler school.

/rant

El Flaco

Didn't Nagelsmann actually play football until being forced to end his career at U19 level due to knee injuries?

slicknick

Cut from the same cloth as Tedesco, Wolf, Baum, Kohfeldt and all that ilk. It's all about internalizing playing systems now. Expect these coaches to be good, but fall short of actual greatness.
Apparently, you never have to have kicked an actual ball to become a coach now: It's sufficient to read 9000 zonal marking articles to ace the Weisweiler school.

/rant

He makes his team play more attractive than Tedesco does, and all that with a low budget team like Hoffenheim (yes, lower budget than Schalke as well)...Surely you never know how he will turn out (hopefully won't end up being the German Andre Villas-Boas), but there is no denying that his achievements thus far are quite impressive

slicknick

[tw]1003369360780611584[/tw]
[tw]1003368527267553281?s=19[/tw]
[tw]1003370365882699777[/tw]

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He's confirmed to leave via his buyout at the end of next season. Apparently already has a deal with his new club.

Home of Barca Fans