Lliga | Round 37: Levante - FC Barcelona 5-4

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I hope we do not squander our unbeaten season. Levante is in great form and probably confident to beat us at home. Especially with Leo missing.

PhilS

This is another tryout game, this will provide valuable information for configuring the squad for next season. Messi should sit out at least one game every month. No manager will leave Messi off the list when competing for a title unless the team proves it can perform without him. A three man front of Coutinho, Suarez and Dembele should be plenty good enough against the likes of Levante, even when Levante is in good form. It's time for these three and the rest of today's team to show their stuff.

bodi16

I hope we do not squander our unbeaten season. Levante is in great form and probably confident to beat us at home. Especially with Leo missing.

I've watched some of their games last month (vs Malaga and Sevilla) and we should be able to beat them comfortably even without Messi. Although their form is impressive, they were still looking like a relegation fodder side most of the time.

serghei

We'll win I think. Team is different without Messi but only slightly worse. Certainly good enough to put 3-4 past Levante. Coutinho in the no 10 role is great.

Ripsta

This is the exact reason I want Valverde to go in the summer. He's an absolute noddy.

If he stays he'll guarentee you one brainfart moment that will cost the Champions League again. Can't stand him.

Joan

To be frank, the team has better structure without both Messi and Suarez on the pitch. I think we should do this more often, to reduce our dependence on Messi.

Joan

7ff96d0d6ce04a3c073769affb15e030.jpg

e: I see [MENTION=22050]gr98[/MENTION] has already posted it

serghei

Amazing line-up. Should have used it since march.

The last ditch tackling ability of both Mina and Vermaelen as well as their strenght and physicality could make a very good CB pair. Let's hope chemistry is there as well.

Trickykid

What is the point of resting Messi now? So he will be ready for the World Cup which is a month away?

I really don’t get this Valverde guy. Perhaps his precious record will be down the drain tonight.

That said, I will be very interested in seeing how we play without Messi.

Or perhaps the theory about him favoring the record over ChL doesn't hold up after all? Who would've thought!?

Anyhow, ballsy lineup. I would've much preferred if EV had played Mina and The Verminator more during the season instead of now that the invincibles record actually looks doable. Hopefully it doesn't bite him in the ass...

Home of Barca Fans