Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-2

serghei

Serghei, pep's barca couldnt defend CL title and this madrid side have a chance to win it 3rd time in a row, how can we even compare that to pep's barca?

Losing from wolfsburg really doesnt matter much when they won CL title that year, trophies is what counts at the end

3 La Ligas, 1 Copa, and 2 CLs (treble and double) is better than a 3CLs 1 La Liga and 0 Copas (assuming Madrid win it). Even if you think in terms of titles only. 1 CL is never worth 2 La Ligas in terms of importance. 2 La Ligas is nearly 80 games FFS, each as important as the next. You're telling me a penalty shootout is more important than 80 games?

Madrid can't even say they're better than this Barca, let alone the peak Pep Barca.

Last edited:

Devils

can valverde be sacked if there is a shocking defeat ?

If we smash them, it will be claimed as a historic victory. If we lose or get destroyed it will be claimed as a trivial/irrelevant Classico.

Valverde wins either way.

Neimax

Guys lets stop compare this Madrid to Pep‘s Barça. No matter what happens, this Barça will always be remembered as one of the best club sides ever, no matter what happens. Not only because of the success of the team but also because of the way they played.

But we also have to accept that if that Madrid really win a 3rd consecutive CL (which i still hope won‘t happen), they will also be regarded as one of the alltime greats, no matter how lucky they were. But the success of this Madrid won‘t belittle Pep‘s success with Barça at all, so stop comparing them and enjoy el Clasico tonight ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we smash them, it will be claimed as a historic victory. If we lose or get destroyed it will be claimed as a trivial/irrelevant Classico.

Valverde wins either way.

Works the other way too. Noone will care if we win but will jump at his throat if we lose :wave:

Lighten up and enjoy El Clasico!

T

TS88

I think Barca will win this 2-1. Messi, Coutinho (Messi assist) and Ronaldo with the goals.

Last edited:

FC B

I fear our players won't give their all tonight but I hope they will, otherwise Barca won't pursue the next goal relentlessly which is when Madrid is the strongest and most dangerous, we must go for the kill, the attitude will be essential for the outcome of the game.

Last edited:

Porque

They're surely very motivated to prevent us from having an invincible La Liga season.

You are right, good point. Breaking the Invincibles season will not only give them great confidence in the CL final, but also if they win it will have them go down in history as the superior team.

A Barcelona win and a domestic double over Madrid will leave doubt in discussion.

bodi16

I fear our players won't give their all tonight but I hope they will, otherwise Barca won't pursue the next goal relentlessly which is when Madrid is the strongest and most dangerous, we must go for the kill, the attitude will be essential for the outcome of the game.

That's what i was thinking too. Hopefully the players won't show the same attitude they had in some games this season, especially the one against Roma, and play with their hearts. Otherwise we are in for a thrashing tonight.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Whoever will play RW/RM tonight will be super important. We need to push Marcelo as far back as possible.

Neeraj

Less than 2 hours to the game and pin drop silence around here. Definitely the most low profile and meaningless clasico in a while :lol:

FCBfan22

Less than 2 hours to the game and pin drop silence around here. Definitely the most low profile and meaningless clasico in a while :lol:

Well, what amazes me is this is the 2nd Classico this season that is a matter of only prestige. The Miami one being the 1st.

T

TS88

Its not meaningless at all, Barca have an unbeaten run in the league to protect. RM will want to end that.

serghei

Will be as intense as usual once the game starts. The position we're in affected the build-up of the game though.

Home of Barca Fans