Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-2

Neeraj

What a game. I cannot believe we looked better with 10 than with 11. If you think about it, that tells you a lot about our 'tactics' or lack there of. When it's down to 10, tactics go slightly out of the window and every player just gives that extra 10% and plays more instinctively.

Imagine if we had a coach that could make us play like that when we have 11 men. Happy that we are going to go unbeaten most likely but the hardest pill to swallow is that we have to see this coach and his terrible brand of football, with no youth development or progress made in the transition of key players, and most probably a similar CL performance, for one more season.

LosBlancos

All valid points, except the last one - if bale was out early and that goal wasn't disallowed, Barca could have been 3-1. Add the wrongly disallowed goal, a missed handball (kroos I think), a couple fouls against Real that were not given. I haven't seen this bad of a referee performance since maybe 2006 WC QF. I do agree if Ronaldo was there, real could have scored 1 more goal but of course you gotta protect him for CL final.

Bale should've been gone, no argument there.

Rakitic had his shoulder offside. Ive seen two media outlets not in Spain point out the same thing. There was a photo on Twitter suggesting he was onside right after it happened, but the ball wasn't even being played yet. The best angle was from the sideline and its pretty clear he was offside. There is a photo of this. Also, regarding Rakitic, he should have had a yellow in the first minute of the game with the studs tackle on Casemiro.

Regarding the chances you had that could've made it 3-1. Sure I see that, but it was in the run of play. It happens every game; chances here and there. And before Roberto was sent off, you guys were being outplayed and we had chances too. If we are talking about direct decisions that affected the outcome of the game, Barcelona should have never scored the second in that way and Real should have had the chance to score another via a penalty. But again, crappy referring like that happens every game, I can live with it. Barcelona had poor decisions go against them too. My point of view being a Real Madrid fan, and what I really want to clarify is that we should have had a 1 goal win just because I felt as though the decisions against Real Madrid were more in direct consequence of goals. I'm not totally upset with a draw because we looked so awful when Ronaldo went off and Barcelona went down to 10.

viper76

It's a la liga tradition and a nice one. You decided to ruin in. Your choice.

It just shows how fraud of team they are with no class or Sportsmanship and shows the ugly arrogance that is rooted within the club by thinking they are a high class and everyone else is a lower class, but what do you expect from the children of franko.

The CWC barca wasn't part of it and never seen any team given a gard of honor for it or for the European super cup or the Spanish Super Cup.

Last edited:

FC B

Valverde is shit. I cannot take another season of this. He does not have the mentality required for a big club.

Nor the personality and aura or at least some motivational skills, he is a cold mediocre mid table team coach in no way form or shape suited for Barca!

utility73

After that one good game in the copa final I was somewhat ready to give EV the benefit of the doubt if he would be willing come up with a decent game plan in the clásico. Sadly when it comes to tactics it turned out as just yet another trademark EV shit show of which we have seen so many lately. So the copa final was a mere outlier and I am really really not looking forward to next season with EV.

He might prove us wrong in the end, and I really really hope he will, but there are no signs there at the moment.

Devils

It's bullshit that we looked better with 10 men than we did with 11. It's sad that a red card was required to actually make the tam play with intensity.

bodi16

It's bullshit that we looked better with 10 men than we did with 11. It's sad that a red card was required to actually make the tam play with intensity.

Yet there are some people saying that it was Valverde's genious tactics in the second half that made us play better :lol:

Last edited:

serghei

Except Bayern is better than both of us, we are only in the final due to some absurd luck.

:lol: This is so true. What I've seen from Bayern on Bernabeu is a higher level of football that I've seen from either team in the clasico.

Joan

It just shows how fraud of team they are with no class or Sportsmanship and shows the ugly arrogance that is rooted within the club by thinking they are a high class and everyone else is a lower class, but what do you expect from the children of franko.

The CWC barca wasn't part of it and never seen any team given a gard of honor for it or for the European super cup or the Spanish Super Cup.

It's probably pointless, but they can do so many things and nobody will notice. They'll ruin a tradition and blame US for it, wait, wait... and everyone else will blame us because they are easily influenced. Hate that, on top of the cake.

People still talk about Uefalona and the match vs Chelsea after Madrid's years of bad refereeing.

raskolnikov

It would be a real waste if we dont bring home the invincibles streak at this point. 3 matches left, two at home and the other is Levante away. Would be an extremely rare feature in Spanish football and great end to our season.

PhilS

My conclusion: Barça and Real Madrid are best teams in Europe, CL Final should have been a CLASICO.

That's what I was thinking. I was not surprised Barca played so well, but I was a but surprised that RM played so well. This year, RM just has not looked this good in La Liga games. The CL final is quite unlikely to be as good as this game.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
next clasico should be done by a english referee or someone outside spain like a champions league match really.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans