Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-2

RIZALDINHO

Marcelo pk was not a pen ref made the right call on that one and to sent off roberto but ref should have sent off bale aswell.

FCBfan22

The difference between horse brain and human brain. Example A:

Human brain:
[tw]993230696763150336[/tw]

Horse brain:
[tw]993245006281433088[/tw]

Altomonte

Morten, you may have a point regarding Bayern, but they lack the "killer" instinct when it counts. Messi and Ronaldo are still the most feared scorers, ahead of Bayern's attackers, and (with Neuer out) both Spanish teams have better goalkeepers. Navas had a very good week! Even Messi paid him his compliments when he saved his right-footed shot from a short angle! Similarly, ter Stegen saved a Ronaldo opportunity.

What may be overlooked by some is Zidane's ability to improve players. I think they respect him because he was such a great player himself. This applies to the youngsters (Lucas, Asensio, ...) but also to Casemiro: he was always a good player but Zidane has made him better and - importantly - made sure that he almost completely lost his tendency to commit dirty fouls. Now Casemiro is almost likeable! Even Ramos has calmed down (somewhat).
Today's dirtiest Madrid player was Bale and maybe you can explain why he acted out the way he did?

As to Valverde, he has not yet shown Zidane's ability to develop and integrate young players. I only give him credit for renewing Rakitic's confidence and ability. Time will tell if he can change his extremely conservative approach and take some risk.

Last edited:

Morten

Morten, you may have a point regarding Bayern, but they lack the "killer" instinct when it counts. Messi and Ronaldo are still the most feared scorers, ahead of Bayern's attackers, and (with Neuer out) both Spanish teams have better goalkeepers. Navas had a very good week! Even Messi paid him his compliments when he saved his right-footed shot from a short angle! Similarly, ter Stegen saved a Ronaldo opportunity.

What may be overlooked by some is Zidane's ability to improve players. I think they respect him because he was such a great player himself. This applies to the youngsters (Lucas, Asensio, ...) but also to Casemiro: he was always a good player but Zidane has made him better and - importantly - made sure that he almost completely lost his tendency to commit dirty fouls. Now Casemiro is almost likeable! Even Ramos has calmed down.
Today's dirtiest Madrid player was Bale and maybe you can explain why he acted out the way he did?

As to Valverde, he has not yet shown Zidane's ability to develop and integrate young players. I only give him credit for renewing Rakitic's confidence and ability. Time will tell if he can change his extremely conservative approach and take some risk.

Bayern didnt even have a full squad, and they still outplayed us massively in both games.
You didnt outplay us today, it was an even game, sort of, we had one half each i guess you could say.
What Bayern did was basically total domination, were unlucky to not be in the final.

Also, Lucas isnt a youngster ffs :lol:, everyone seems to think so, but he is actually 26.

Total-Football

the madrid cabron chant should be immediately mended to : madrid cabron saluda el envincibles. excuse my spanish tho. where is etoo when you need him he would have done some wild shit to rub it in their face.. sore loosers..

eaman

Not sure what to make of that game from a Barca point of view. A couple of brilliant moments got us the draw. Especially Messis goal. Other than that is anyone else outraged by the no guard of honour situation. I don't see any comments about it anyway. Absolute disgrace in my opinion. We have them one in 2008 and I think the club should make more of it in my opinion

Total-Football

that s the trick with these stuff.. barca can do nothing about it since its just conventional.. its a disgrace but i think we have a leverage on any future ones

LosBlancos

Let me preface by saying the guard of honor is ridiculous in general.

Real Madrid not getting one for the CWC effectively meant Barca wouldn't get one. The common argument I have been reading/hearing is regarding Barcelona's participating, or lack thereof, in the competition. Just going by tradition, that is a poor argument. Case in point, Barcelona gave Sevilla a guard of honor for a competition Barcelona did not directly compete in: Europa League 2006. In 2009 and 2015, Barcelona were given one regarding the CWC from sides (Villarreal, Betis) that did not compete in the tournament directly. On top of all that, Barcelona's current management saw it as no big issue for either instance. The only valid argument here is it being a tradition in La Liga, but note, Barcelona has received one in the past by Real Madrid. This isn't a case of Real Madrid outright refusing out of pure bitterness.

So in the end, there is no leverage for either side.

Total-Football

you can rationalize this shit as much as you want but to demand a patio over 1 game against fc sydney or whatever its is just trolling.. if barca did the guard of honor for a super cup (thats what club wc is a super cup) for sevilla that was mostly a beau-geste and nothing more.. and u here compairing a 1 game super cup vs fucks who know with a 38 games competition.. that was nothing less than being sore loosers. dont receive one if you dont have the cohones to give one.

edit : matter of fact what you say reinforce my thesis.. at least sevilla won a fucking trophy in a competition and not a super.

Last edited:

LosBlancos

you can rationalize this shit as much as you want but to demand a patio over 1 game against fc sydney or whatever its is just trolling.. if barca did the guard of honor for a super cup (thats what club wc is a super cup) for sevilla that was mostly a beau-geste and nothing more.. and u here compairing a 1 game super cup vs fucks who know with a 38 games competition.. that was nothing less than being sore loosers. dont receive one if you dont have the cohones to give one.

Hardly rationalizing it, or being a proponent of Real Madrid's position on this issue; I pretty much said it was ridiculous.

I am merely highlighting evidence that would point to the most likely explanation for each club's position. If its better for your health and state of mind to believe otherwise then go ahead.

sabby

- Roberto was rightly sent off but Bale should’ve been sent off as well. Rakitic went boots up into Casemiro early in the game, but nowhere near as reckless.

- Suárez should’ve been whistled for a foul, Messi goal should have never happened.

- I’m not even sure how the refs blew the decision on the Marcelo PK.

- Even before Roberto was sent off, our midfield was starting to take control and we had more attempts at that point.

- I know this is a Barca forum, and people see the game differently, but I really felt like RM should’ve come away with a 1 goal win, especially if Ronaldo stayed in, but again that could just be my bias. Credit to Barcelona for fighting with 10 men. There are more games to be played in La Liga, and the title for Barcelona had already been won, but this game felt like the end of the league season. Upon that reflection, perhaps a draw was right.

All valid points, except the last one - if bale was out early and that goal wasn't disallowed, Barca could have been 3-1. Add the wrongly disallowed goal, a missed handball (kroos I think), a couple fouls against Real that were not given. I haven't seen this bad of a referee performance since maybe 2006 WC QF. I do agree if Ronaldo was there, real could have scored 1 more goal but of course you gotta protect him for CL final.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans