Lucas Paqueta

Porque

PHP:

Isnt he an attacking midfielder?

Sorry for the delay. Was referring to this

He is a AM, but is playing like a CM now. Flamengo is also playing possession football (like Gremio). Diego Ribas (that played at Atletico de Madrid) is doing the AM role at Flamengo.

He is running a lot to help the defense. Also, he has been droping back to start the plays in midfield. Really good prospect.

But as you suggest, more than likely will step into an attacking role in Europe. Really really tough to see where and when he could slot in with us to be honest.

Jair Ventura

Has an agreement to join PSG over the winter break:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="pt" dir="ltr">Clube europeu tem acordo bem encaminhado com Lucas Paquetá para janeiro de 2019<br><br>👉 <a href="https://t.co/bgOBcGAdgx">https://t.co/bgOBcGAdgx</a> <a href="https://t.co/eW3Dcx5AJu">pic.twitter.com/eW3Dcx5AJu</a></p>— FOX Sports Brasil (@FoxSportsBrasil) <a href="https://twitter.com/FoxSportsBrasil/status/1036730965509525507?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Porque

Who are these ''ALL''?

Figure of speech. In reference to all these hot prospects that fans would love to see joining our club.

Paqueta, Lautaro, Gerson, Gabigol, Gabriel, Rodrygo, Maxime, Torreia, etc

One of the weirdest posts to quote really. Its pretty self evident what all meant.

Trafalgar

Figure of speech. In reference to all these hot prospects that fans would love to see joining our club.

Paqueta, Lautaro, Gerson, Gabigol, Gabriel, Rodrygo, Maxime, Torreia, etc

One of the weirdest posts to quote really. Its pretty self evident what all meant.

I mean the last offensive crack we got from Brazil was Neymar, I wouldn't call Arthur a ''Crack''

Trafalgar

What does it take then, if being one of the highest rated - if not the highest rated - prospects of his age group doesn't count?

He started being a started for Gremio and having good performances at 21, you can't compare him to all the brazilians who start at 16-17 yo

Trickykid

He started being a started for Gremio and having good performances at 21, you can't compare him to all the brazilians who start at 16-17 yo

The list of 16-17 year old SA talent who ended up flopping is huge. I honestly don't care if he's 16 or 21, as long as the talent is apparent. I wouldn't swap Arthur for Vinicius and that other Brazilian kid RM just bought, for instance.

Trafalgar

The list of 16-17 year old SA talent who ended up flopping is huge. I honestly don't care if he's 16 or 21, as long as the talent is apparent. I wouldn't swap Arthur for Vinicius and that other Brazilian kid RM just bought, for instance.

I never said Arthur will flop and the 16-17 yo kids won't, my point is that you can't call Arthur a crack.

xXKonan

When I read Porque's list above was there really anyone that excited about Gerson? From what I've seen there was no way we should have spent anywhere near 16-20 Million on him and he wasn't exactly some top tier talent at the time at least compared to the likes of Malcom,Neres,Gabigol,Jesus etc.

He could still be a good player since he's young. But it surprised me however that Roma were willing to gleefully spend 20 million on him considering at the time they weren't exactly in a spot that they can just pull out 20 million on a prospect.

Porque

When I read Porque's list above was there really anyone that excited about Gerson? From what I've seen there was no way we should have spent anywhere near 16-20 Million on him and he wasn't exactly some top tier talent at the time at least compared to the likes of Malcom,Neres,Gabigol,Jesus etc.

He could still be a good player since he's young. But it surprised me however that Roma were willing to gleefully spend 20 million on him considering at the time they weren't exactly in a spot that they can just pull out 20 million on a prospect.

Yeah he was a bit of a stretch admittedly. But the point remains that every summer and every year some hot sh*t comes out of South America that we get linked to and alot of forumers want.

Its completely natural as it is easier to buy into the hype of an indiscovered emerging pearl compared to a solid European player.

Paqueta looks fantastic and I would support the option of taking a punt on him with the right type of deal (you can see my post on the first page for that). But if he doesnt come we have Malcolm and Dembele at a similar age group who have proven more and Arthur who is more balanced in MF.

I remember in the Saviola days we were always linked to D'allesandro. How could we miss out on him? We had to buy him. Stupid board not buying him.

Then he goes to Wolfsburg and does ok. And then moves to the Portsmouth of all teams.

Back to Gerson, I guess Roma caught onto the Pogba of South America hype after we were into him, and went crazy trying to get him first. It was the summer of Pogba's big move to Man Utd and pre Monchi too. So thats the context of that hype.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans