Alphonso Davies

Andrew M

Huh? For me Kimmich was the best that game and quite handily. Ribery was extremely wasteful in the final third and ineffective (along with the rest of the Bayern attackers) while their midfield actually did a number on RM's in both legs. Kimmich and James were the clear best in that tie overall IMO.

Perhaps wasteful but if you recall he was their only outlet in the second half at Madrid RB

Andrew M

Ribery was great in wasting chances that night or waiting too long on the ball to make a pass.

Living on his reputation. Played like Willian, style without any substance so no wonder Andrew loved his performance that night.

Steady on. Bayern were crap, I merely meant he was their most threatening player in a generally poor night

KingLeo10

ribery has been finished since 2014. how is this even a point of contention? :lol:

robbery have combined for 0 goals and 0 assists versus real madrid in the 6 games since 2012. they are living off past reputation.

Yannik

Nothing against the MLS, but he definitely won't do that in Europe. At least not yet. But he has loads of talent and the right confidence. I can definitely see him breaking into the first team in his first two years. Can't wait to see him in Germany.

Last edited:

barcanuck

Still I think this is the perfect time to break into the Bayern winger situation as Robben and Ribery are like 100 years old and Coman is meh.

Devils

FFs...Everything about MLS is so cringe and the social media and commentary only amplify that multiple fold.

He looks talented but he will never be able to do those dribbles or touches to set up his goals like that at the European level.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I doubt he will get a lot of minutes this season after January since he should be behind Coman and Gnabry in the pecking order, when Ribery and Robben are injured. But next season, he might become a starter as Bayern likely will not renew Ribery and Robben.

Riordon

Since Bayern started to play him as a leftback he has been fantastic. What a performance yesterday and seems from Bayern fans he has been at that level for some time.

Great business and find from Bayern.

Yannik

Davies has secretely been one of the best leftbacks in Europes in 2019, everything about him has been fantastic, especially his defense which originally was not expected to be his strength considering he used to be a winger. Rock at the back, Rocket in the front. I had not expected him to perform like this.

Home of Barca Fans