Why are people so obsessed with the Champions League?

Neymessi

This thread is everything wrong with fan mentality these days. Instead of pushing harder to perform better in CL which we defnitely can, we on the contrary want to stay happy with la liga when our biggest rival is winning the biggest competition 3 in a row.

serghei

It's funny that people assume Madrid have already won the CL. :lol:

I think it's 50-50 in a final between Bayern/Madrid and Liverpool. Liverpool are pretty solid in CL finals.

vlad

That excitement when your team is playing in cl final, waiting, nervous feeling, only that beats whole season playing mostly vs teams which are struggling to keep their players due to financial problems and smilar.

CL> la liga if you ask me, most prestigious competition and winning CL erase every bad form period or embaressing moments in the legaue while barca choke vs roma will remembered for a long time

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Nobody will give a shit about the Roma tie when we win the CL again.

Of course but when we will win the next time? Might be a long time.. We are not going to have better team what we had last 3-4 years in our hands, at least it's very unlikely.

FinBarcelonafan

This thread is everything wrong with fan mentality these days. Instead of pushing harder to perform better in CL which we defnitely can, we on the contrary want to stay happy with la liga when our biggest rival is winning the biggest competition 3 in a row.

True. It's about priorities and we waste way too much effort and time on Copa. That should be priority #3. Winning Copa is not going to bring a lot Of money,prestige or new fans, but CL could.

Xtroverto

maybe because it's the most prestigious club competition?

Prestige to whom exactly? My experience is that Real Madrid has gained exactly cero prestige from winning the ChL, in large part down to the fact that they practice a form of pragmatic football that no one remember or care much for, so their titles end up in sort of a vaccum. The only real prestige that you can talk about in the ChL and the former European cup are the transformative wins by Helenio Herrera's Inter that gave Catenaccio the prestige that let it remain a force in the football world for decades, Rinius Michels total football with Ajax that introduced most of the modern footall concepts as we know them today, Arrigo Saccis AC Milan that changed the European football map and had a huge impact on the evolution of the game and 20 years later the Guardiola wins with Barcelona that again had huge impact on the evolution of the game.

The rest is just mediahype to sell papers and journalistic garbage to idiot football fans that take the bait and swallow it whole.

Last edited:

Neymessi

It's funny that people assume Madrid have already won the CL. :lol:

I think it's 50-50 in a final between Bayern/Madrid and Liverpool. Liverpool are pretty solid in CL finals.

Bayern was the better team in the first leg but that away result for RM is everything they wanted. Its their home now with a win already and 2 away goals. Also Bayern is missing a lot of their starters. So you could make a case for it to be 50-50 between RM and liverpool but for RM and bayern its about 90% Rm going through.

When it comes to finals I don't think liverpool have what it takes to stop RM. RM has insane luck for the last 3 seasons and they somehow manage to win the CL anyhow. Every season we pray for RM to lose in finals but they are always amazing in the finals and I can't see liverpool winning who aren't all that imo.

jamrock

It's important because 1) it's the most prestigious competition in world football

2) it's where the highest level of football is played in the world right now

The only downside the CL as is the element of luck involved in winning it, especially when that luck comes at the expanse of a bad call by a ref, which is often does.

If you are a top team & a top coach your ambition is to make the semifinals every year because after that a few brakes goes your way and you are champion.

The league values consistency but at some point you get jaded with Madrid/barca putting 5 past insert team here in the league.

In the CL you get weighted against your peers and see if you are found wanting(luck with standing).

jamrock

Also i keep telling people Liverpool will 100% win the CL final if they face Madrid

Bayern I'm not so sure of

BarçaBarça

I rate the CL very highly. It is worth more than a league title these days, because topteams from other leagues compete for it as well.
We should prioritize to win the CL trophy every year, because it is very important for a topclub as ours to be relevant in Europe!

It annoys me when fans seems to think it is the only relevant trophy and that we should sack every manager who doesn't win it in his first season. That is complete bullshit and overreacting - part of what makes CL prestigious is that it is so tricky to win - therefore we can't expect to win it every year, and it is in general not a failure when we don't (losing to Roma is, though).

serghei

I rate the CL very highly. It is worth more than a league title these days, because topteams from other leagues compete for it as well.
We should prioritize to win the CL trophy every year, because it is very important for a topclub as ours to be relevant in Europe!

It annoys me when fans seems to think it is the only relevant trophy and that we should sack every manager who doesn't win it in his first season. That is complete bullshit and overreacting - part of what makes CL prestigious is that it is so tricky to win - therefore we can't expect to win it every year, and it is in general not a failure when we don't (losing to Roma is, though).

Agreed. We should indeed prioritize the CL in the period key games happen. This means going with rotation teams before and in between key games in CL.

Home of Barca Fans