Rodrygo

Nothanks

why do we need another CM if arthur gets here in the summer??

let's assume we get griezmann

------------griezmann---messi
coutinho---Busquets-----Rakitic-----dembele

subs:

----------suarez-----munir
denis----paulinho-----arthur------???

still have alena as-well

in fm or fifa i too would stock the midfield and bench rakitic, for X Y and Z player from whatever top club but that isn't reality, unless we switch formations (which valverde's shown no signs of) we have no more room for another super star CM, that and neither busquets or rakitic would accept a bench role like paulinho and arthur already have

MTL_Barca

For like 2019 or 2020? Because right now we couldn't even have him on the first team with Arthur being our 3rd non EU player. Cou may get his passport till 2019 but idk if that's already safe? And then we will be forced to sell/loan Mina + Marlon too, what wouldn't be the biggest problem but it's still annoying.

Also wasn't there like a 40-50M price tag or something ridiculous? I doubt we have that much cash to waste on a talent if we try to sign players to strengthen the squad this summer.

Last edited:

Messi983

According to MD plan is to bring him in summer 2020.

We want to do similar deal than we did for Mina and Arthur so we'd probably only pay about 5-10M now and the rest when he'd come here. City and PSG are apparently also very interested and they could pay 50M right now (and then possibly loan him for a season or two) so there is no guarantee we'll really get him though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we count peanuts like that then these talents will get picked up by the likes of City and PSG. If we are serious about his potential then we need to be serious in our offer.

Jcar

I'm Brazilian and i dont really like that player. I still think that is too soon to rate him well. I think that he is not good enough for barça.

El Barcelona

Lol, they don't want to negotiate with barca until they pay the debt for the Neymar deal.. Haha They claim 14.5mil euro

xXKonan

Lol, they don't want to negotiate with barca until they pay the debt for the Neymar deal.. Haha They claim 14.5mil euro
Yeah that's expected.

No way they would have let us waltz back in for another one of their players after the whole Neymar saga.

Jcar

What's your view on Vinicius jr?

He has talent, but he is not worth what Real Madrid paid for him. I think that he is a player that can (maybe!) achieve more or less the same level of Douglas Costa and Willian.

But he definetely has skills. If Vinicius works hard, who knows? Not Neymar's level though.

xXKonan

Real Blew the money on Vinicius because they didn't want to miss out again on a talented Brazilian winger like they did with Neymar.

I've seen people talk about how Vinicius is scoring more than Neymar did around that age but when you compare the two talents its not contest he won't be as good as Neymar is. But that itself isn't a bad thing as Brazil has other good talented players to aspire to like Willian and Douglas Costa.

xXKonan

Dd6oevVVQAA50Ox.jpg

Says the club is willing to pay 30 million to block any team from trying to get him and we want to buy him in 2020.

Yeah unless we patch stuff up with Santos there's no way this is happening.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why not try to sign him in 2020 instead then? If the guy really want to play for Barca surely that won't be a problem.

These plonkers in our management and board need to start looking at signing an established midfielder instead.

Jcar

Real Blew the money on Vinicius because they didn't want to miss out again on a talented Brazilian winger like they did with Neymar.

I've seen people talk about how Vinicius is scoring more than Neymar did around that age but when you compare the two talents its not contest he won't be as good as Neymar is. But that itself isn't a bad thing as Brazil has other good talented players to aspire to like Willian and Douglas Costa.

I SUSPECT that the LW is not his true position... Watching him play, i think he would be much better if he played as a STRIKER. Not centre-forward, but a STRIKER. He has some problems that can be worked in Europe: His first touch is not good and he don't carry the ball too well (he advances the ball too much)... BUT he has amazing sense into the area (where to run, positioning), has good skills (with feints and such, more like Neymar, not like Messi) and can shoot and pass well.

At the sides, he is too unstable on the ball (like Gabriel Jesus). But who cares anyways, he is going to a team that is going to have Penaldo as a centre-forward, there is no chance that Vinicius is going to play as a Striker, at least not at Madrid. Maybe he is just "so so" because he is playing out of position.

Home of Barca Fans