Rodrygo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How does he compare to Vinicius

The three most talented wingers/attacking players in Brazil under the age of 20 are Vinicius, Paulinho and Rodrygo.

Considering how they've performed so far and shown, I would say it's Paulinho > Vinicius = Rodrygo

Paulinho was also the best player in the U17 team.

So Bayer Leverkusen got the best talent for 20m. The least hyped talent who's already shown the ability to be a leading star for his team Vasco da Gama while the other two are yet to do that.

BBZ8800

I am not trolling, but wasn't that Batigol kid the next big thing two years ago?
And then, the next big thing, Gerson, the new Pogba?

Brazil has the new big thing three times in each season.

I have flashes of Gaspart's era already with these ideas of buying unknown the next big thing South American gems.

So, this will be our thing post-Messi?
Buying a kid after kid until we hit the jackpot in the 10th attempt?

DonAK

I am not trolling, but wasn't that Batigol kid the next big thing two years ago?

I have flashes of Gaspart's era already with these ideas of buying unknown the next big thing South American gems.

d1143b_254_batigol2_pic.png

FCBfan22

I sometimes ask myself, do we only have scouts in South America hoping that they will discover Messi v2.0? I have this feeling sometimes. There is plenty of talent in EU, plus you can work them into squad more easily, because they don't take up international spots.

DonAK

I sometimes ask myself, do we only have scouts in South America hoping that they will discover Messi v2.0? I have this feeling sometimes. There is plenty of talent in EU, plus you can work them into squad more easily, because they don't take up international spots.

Historically most players of that profile have come from South America. Free flowing individualistic style, playing street football. In Europe these days in academies and clubs you're pretty much indoctrinated to play specific way growing up, many limiting a player's individual skills and style. But there are for sure many great talents here too. Easier to sign as well.

It's not about scouting, but more about our management.

Also the reason Barca and Real Madrid scout South America extensively is because they have an advantage there. By far the two biggest clubs with no one else close. In Europe you have to fight off the rest of the pack.

FCBfan22

Well, I would like that our board would be a bit more picky with dragging players across the pond. Find someone in SA that really sticks out and then sign him. There is no point of signing squad players in SA.

Joan

Well, I would like that our board would be a bit more picky with dragging players across the pond. Find someone in SA that really sticks out and then sign him. There is no point of signing squad players in SA.

We do scouting in many exotic places. Like China. Signing stars of their leagues.

DennyCrane

[tw]992169099680800768[/tw]

[tw]992169388336930816[/tw]

It's odd that he's advertised as the new Neymar as if the latter were a legend already. Pretty post modern marketing pitch too - normally, players aren't advertised as a being a money-grubbing douchebag as their main trait.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, signing 18 years old players like Coutinho and Griezmann is bad for the team. Oh...wait
I mean your 2 examples were player we didn't even sign. we are just keeping our options on those kids in case one of them turned to be the real thing. Actually the only one the current board signed was the real deal.
I mean seriously, this club has been always criticized for lack of youth for almost half decade and you are arguing that our youth signings are bad? they are non-existant

SeloBarca

Football today is alot about taking risks.
If you dont take the risks you can miss out on gems and with todays prices youll have to pay 10-20 times the money you could have gotten him for if he turns out good.
Its crap, but its how it is.

God Serena

There were some useless Brazilian that joined us from PSG once.

I think its mostly bad scouting rather than the player beeing from Brazil.
Brazil have really exiting young players coming through the ranks.

You could say the same for Argentina, Uruguay etc aswell.

Coutinho isnt exactly bad either.

We're obsessed with signing Brazilians and players from the Brazilian league, and only Neymar (Who was a bonafied superstar before coming) has proven to be a success.

Coutinho wasn't signed from the Brazilian league.

Home of Barca Fans