COPA FINAL 2018: Barca - Sevilla 5-0

Pepe Silvia

It's true tbh. It's a bitter pill to swallow. Even Busquets said that CL exit will cast a shadow over even a domestic double.

The only reason this match really mattered a lot to the players too is because it was Iniesta's last chance to lift a trophy for Barça.
Any match where it's a FINAL and we lift a TROPHY is a major deal for fans who care about the club, not because of any player. How spoiled of a bunch have we become where trophies don't matter? That's preposterous.

Donatello

And what about the league title? The potential undefeated and historic league title Double?

Are Barca fans going to act like ungrateful twats about these titles and accomplishments too?

I hope that happens, but It has a high chance of not happening. I don't think Valverde and the players are not going to play at same intensity once the league is won. We would still have a few matches left and either we will play youngsters and benchwarmers (an XI of whom is a mid table team at best)or even if we play starters, they might not give their 100% & save their energy because of the upcoming world cup & lesser motive to win games. Lastly, we still have to face Real Madrid, and they will have a reason to defeat us, to spoil our record.

pepi

If we lose one game of the remaining 4 we will finish with less points than Madrid last season. Lets wait until the end before praising too much . Yes, no one expected to win the double, i know.

Edit: We need 1 point right now to win the league which is 84 points, we lost it last season with 90 points.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
If we lose one game of the remaining 4 we will finish with less points than Madrid last season. Lets wait until the end before praising too much . Yes, no one expected to win the double, i know.

Edit: We need 1 point right now to win the league which is 84 points, we lost it last season with 90 points.

There are 5 games remaining. If we lose 1 and win the rest we'll end up with 95 points. If we win all: 98.

Giginho75

Tactically italian teams gave always problem to Barca.

Certainly in Rome Barca has been presumptuous, thinking to be already in semi-finals after 4-1 at Nou Camp.

Very different playing against Sevilla in a single match.

CanadianBlaugrana

Just got back from Spain. I attended the Copa Final and it was great! Met so many excellent Cules from around the world. Reading over this comment section, I’m surprised to see the amount of posts still banging on about that shitty Champions League exit. I’m firmly in the camp who’s proud of a “Domestic Double”.

Home of Barca Fans