User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quique Setién

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quiqué Setien: "When a player like Xavi retires, it's like a kidney's been removed. And the day Messi retires, I'll cry forever." [@EsportsSER]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lining himself up for that coming Barca bench vacancy lmao

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_STK View Post
    Quiqué Setien: "When a player like Xavi retires, it's like a kidney's been removed. And the day Messi retires, I'll cry forever." [@EsportsSER]
    That's sort of lame.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is in full whore mode to get a chance at Barca. TBH, I don't like it.

A compliment here and there is normal, but this is overload.
    Fear of the squat
    Fear of the squat
    I have a constant fear
    Valverde's here next year

Valverde after Copa defeat: "I'm fine.. but when you lose you are always worse than when you win."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you walk into Camp Nou
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qsmeme.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	8422

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a little bit bored and came here to say that he is available. For one year? not bad, I think.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Betis side often had an extremely sterile gameplay with >70% posession stats and zero penetration last season. With three centerbacks and two wingbacks as well. I don't think he would improve Barca, nor result-wise neither aesthetically.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    His Betis side often had an extremely sterile gameplay with >70% posession stats and zero penetration last season. With three centerbacks and two wingbacks as well. I don't think he would improve Barca, nor result-wise neither aesthetically.
    He would improve us, but not to the extent that we'd need. Would only be a slight improvement, since he shares some things with Valverde. He's a better possession manager than Valverde, that's for sure.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Quique still available? Should sack Valverde and bring him in immediately if he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure he is waiting around incase Valverde is sacked by end of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura
    You can prove anything with facts. Facts cloud my judgement, I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt he will make it to the board's top 5 candidates and rightfully so.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I doubt he will make it to the board's top 5 candidates and rightfully so.
    I don't like Setien, but I'll have him over Eusebio or lads that are mediocre, but have the "Barca DNA".

I can guarantee you that the likes of Eusebio, Rubi will be in consideration when the time arrives, and I fear one of them might become our next manager if Koeman rejects an offer.

They would be worse than Valverde.
    Last edited by DonAK; 2nd September 2019 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    I don't like Setien, but I'll have him over Eusebio or lads that are mediocre, but have the "Barca DNA".

I can guarantee you that the likes of Eusebio, Rubi will be in consideration when the time arrives, and I fear one of them might become our next manager if Koeman rejects an offer.

They would be worse than Valverde.
    I doubt he will be worse than Eusebio, though both are same level of coach with one just being a bit aesthetically superior type of football.
    Honestly, I've a feeling that Koeman has an under the table deal with us, but if Koeman decided to stay with NT may be Lucho coming back once his grieving is over .
    Koeman turned us down once -in 2003- and he probably regret it, doubt he will repeat that again. WC in November so if he turned us down the earliest he could join us will be 2023 when he is 60. if we ever approach him again.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I doubt he will be worse than Eusebio, though both are same level of coach with one just being a bit aesthetically superior type of football.
    Honestly, I've a feeling that Koeman has an under the table deal with us, but if Koeman decided to stay with NT may be Lucho coming back once his grieving is over .
    Koeman turned us down once -in 2003- and he probably regret it, doubt he will repeat that again. WC in November so if he turned us down the earliest he could join us will be 2023 when he is 60. if we ever approach him again.
    Would it be too much for the club to take a gamble on one of Erik ten Hag or heck even Mikel Arteta?

So much emphasis put on experience when the experience Koeman, Eusebio, Setien, Unzue possesses amounts to nothing when it comes to establishing a system and good style of play combined with results.

Arteta has no experience, but serving as Pep's assistant for three years now when Pep has undergone a transition and adaptation to the more physical nature of the Premier League while retaining his core principles is an interesting trait or experience to have.

Barca took gambles on Rijkaard and Pep, and it paid off.

Obviously it was reported recently that Txiki see Arteta as Pep's successor and he might stay there and wait it out as he's rejected other approaches, but would be something worth exploring, at least to talk with him and get a sense of his ideas.
    Last edited by DonAK; 2nd September 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubi would be another Valverde in terms of style.