Who should be Barca manager next season?

Who should be Barca manager next season?

• Valverde

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Sarri

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Allegri

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tuchel (If available)

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any other (please post to tell us)

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In all honesty there is no safe or obvious choice.
1-No big name coach will arrive next season, Allegri,Pep and Klopp are settled like kings in their clubs. Conte is declining name and same for Mou, Pochettino and Simeone will never coach us, Ancelotti and Zidane won't come either. Can't think of another name that can be considered "big name". Tuchel on his way to PSG
2-After that there is the "exciting" names that aren't so exciting tbh. Sarri and Setien who spent most of their career coaching lower teams and only started coaching respectable team recently while they are close to their 60's, never managed super stars before or even experienced being one or playing beside one. As Xavi once said that coaching this days depends a lot on man management more than anything.
3-The Barca DNA, prepare yourself of the Cocu, Unzue,Eusebio candidates
4-The "promotion"type of coach like Marcelino, can't think of other names in Spanish football right now, but they are mostly just like EV, they can produce some respectable football but fans will sooner or later will turn against them.

Overall I would understand the board decision to take another bet on EV with season double (or just league) over other gambles. If there was an obvious choice I think they would have thought of it.

I am not against Cocu. He seems to be doing fine managing PSV and was Barca captain. Being Dutch brings us back to Cruyff's legacy too.

khaled_a_d

I am not against Cocu. He seems to be doing fine managing PSV and was Barca captain. Being Dutch brings us back to Cruyff's legacy too.

Cocu and Gio seem like interesting coaches, but I prefer if they don't move directly to us.
Won't mind a dutch coach at all.

LeeRomeno

Valverde - took away our ability to trashtalk PSG fans
Sarri - never won anything, horrible in CL/EL or any cup tournament
Allegri - Mou or Valverde vol 2 - happy with 1-0/2-0 wins, prefers 30+ players, always fails vs RM
Ancelotti - the fck? dude was fired from Bayern due to players not happy with laid-back style, fired from RM as well, we want RM reject? How about Benitez?
Tuchel - won exactly 1 trophy in his entire career, even less experience than Valverde

I think we are in excellent position in making history and becoming first club in history not to have a coach, we are just too good club for those mediocre coaches.

BarçaBarça

Valverde - took away our ability to trashtalk PSG fans
Sarri - never won anything, horrible in CL/EL or any cup tournament
Allegri - Mou or Valverde vol 2 - happy with 1-0/2-0 wins, prefers 30+ players, always fails vs RM
Ancelotti - the fck? dude was fired from Bayern due to players not happy with laid-back style, fired from RM as well, we want RM reject? How about Benitez?
Tuchel - won exactly 1 trophy in his entire career, even less experience than Valverde

I think we are in excellent position in making history and becoming first club in history not to have a coach, we are just too good club for those mediocre coaches.

Yes, we could just let us fans pick the starting-11 every match - recipe for success :lol:
I think that most people believe that our squad is so self-evidently good, that anyone who favours attacking football will succeed here, no matter how inexperienced they are.
Maybe that will be the case after 1-2 very good transfer-windows, but it is certainly not true right now: We started this season with Deulofeu and Arda Turan as go-to guys when we had injuries/suspensions. That is not a squad that can win on its won - Real and City are about to have one, not us.

henias

Yes, we could just let us fans pick the starting-11 every match - recipe for success :lol:
I think that most people believe that our squad is so self-evidently good, that anyone who favours attacking football will succeed here, no matter how inexperienced they are.
Maybe that will be the case after 1-2 very good transfer-windows, but it is certainly not true right now: We started this season with Deulofeu and Arda Turan as go-to guys when we had injuries/suspensions. That is not a squad that can win on its won - Real and City are about to have one, not us.

Lol what a lame excuse.

Don't forget you are one of those fans who supports Valverde, while trying to ignore major flaws he has and what he is trying to build here in a team like Barca's. Recipe for success right?

If that's the case, why do fans like you criticise Lucho if you are trying to say fans have no right to criticise them. Our recent failures doesnt boil down to whether to choose between attacking or defending style. Key problems lie elsewhere when Lucho was managing and not only did Valverde not address the issues and even tried to change the entire playstyle which proved to be largely ineffective for players in Barca.

No use trying to draw the lines between fans and managers when you yourself are comparing managers.

Barcelona still has a board that is incapable of bringing world class managers ever since Pep and all these humiliating defeats surely has lessons to take away from. But none of the managers ever learn and are still repeating the clear mistakes.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Lol what a lame excuse.

Don't forget you are one of those fans who supports Valverde, while trying to ignore major flaws he has and what he is trying to build here in a team like Barca's. Recipe for success right?

If that's the case, why do fans like you criticise Lucho if you are trying to say fans have no right to criticise them. Our recent failures doesnt boil down to whether to choose between attacking or defending style. Key problems lie elsewhere when Lucho was managing and not only did Valverde not address the issues and even tried to change the entire playstyle which proved to be largely ineffective for players in Barca.

No use trying to draw the lines between fans and managers when you yourself are comparing managers.

Barcelona still has a board that is incapable of bringing world class managers ever since Pep and all these humiliating defeats surely has lessons to take away from. But none of the managers ever learn and are still repeating the clear mistakes.

Fair enough, it is quite alright to criticize managers, sometimes (often in Barcelona) it just get out of hand. I'm not overly attached to Valverde, someone else might do better than him next season, but I'm not so sure others could replicate what he has done this season in terms of results.

henias

Fair enough, it is quite alright to criticize managers, sometimes (often in Barcelona) it just get out of hand. I'm not overly attached to Valverde, someone else might do better than him next season, but I'm not so sure others could replicate what he has done this season in terms of results.

These results are only short term and even Lucho has an unbeaten run which meant nothing.

BarçaBarça

These results are only short term and even Lucho has an unbeaten run which meant nothing.

But short term also means something, when the alternative is no results at all. Records are often exaggerated by the media to mean more than they actually do, and of course trophies are more important any day of the week. But when you think about how much talking there is about Arsenals invincibles, then this one is not your everyday top-team statistic (disclaimer again: I don't support benching Dembele to get this record, like Valverde might think he needs to).

LeeRomeno

Lol what a lame excuse.

There was nothing wrong with Lucho, he just ran out of ideas and made some really horrible choices with new purchases (or then board made them, who knows). Valverde clearly fixed what was wrong with Luchos gameplay but those fixes brought new issues. Like many have said, it is all about trade-offs. Being more conservative will allow less goals in, but also reduce the goals we score, so it will come down to finishing as there will be less chances in game.
Lucho was blamed for too many rotations, Valverde more or less stopped any rotations, which has come back to haunt him now. Lucho was all about give ball right to Neymar or Messi and let them run at opposition defense while ignoring midfield, Valverde has He also seems to be like totally opposite of Luchos style also man management with more subtle and quiet style.

Also I keep repeating, who are those "world class" managers everyone is talking about?

henias

Lol saying there's nothing wrong with Lucho and then go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot and say EV fixed these "problems".

Again, I'll let time answer to you fools.

LeeRomeno

Lol saying there's nothing wrong with Lucho and then go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot and say EV fixed these "problems".

Again, I'll let time answer to you fools.

Yes, you cannot have a perfect coach. Everyone will have their problems. Lucho in similar way fixed what was wrong with Tata, but brought his own things. On grand scheme of things he was fine though.

henias

Yes, you cannot have a perfect coach. Everyone will have their problems. Lucho in similar way fixed what was wrong with Tata, but brought his own things. On grand scheme of things he was fine though.

Lol when did I say he needs to be perfect? He has way too many flaws and more so than Lucho. It's just people like you cant admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans