Who should be Barca manager next season?

Who should be Barca manager next season?

• Valverde

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Sarri

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Allegri

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tuchel (If available)

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any other (please post to tell us)

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeRomeno

I think those voted for Valverde are most likely Real Madrid fans that came out in droves.

No, they are people who actually appreciate winning double and are not for firing a coach who delivered that and replacing him with someone who likes almost 100% similar style (Allegri, with trusting vets and playing conservatively, league expert, but fails in CL) or with a few coaches who are completely unproven in top level (Like Sarri or Tuchel) and have very little knowledge of handling the pressure and the superstars in squad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, they are people who actually appreciate winning double and are not for firing a coach who delivered that and replacing him with someone who likes almost 100% similar style (Allegri, with trusting vets and playing conservatively, league expert, but fails in CL) or with a few coaches who are completely unproven in top level (Like Sarri or Tuchel) and have very little knowledge of handling the pressure and the superstars in squad.

Well, to that I say, don’t let the domestic double fool you, we got lucky this season and we had Messi. Valverde won’t be that lucky next season. You just can’t continue to win games when you are playing bad while most of your decisions are counterproductive. Being a coward will not go far.

Much more importantly, his result-trumps-all approach to the games and personnel handling will hamper the development and growth of the team which is the real killer. We will see.

By the way, what did Valverde know about handling pressure and managing superstars before he took this job?

LeeRomeno

Well, to that I say, don’t let the domestic double fool you, we got lucky this season and we had Messi. Valverde won’t be that lucky next season. You just can’t continue to win games when you are playing bad while most of your decisions are counterproductive. Being a coward will not go far.

Much more importantly, his result-trumps-all approach to the games and personnel handling will hamper the development and growth of the team which is the real killer. We will see.

Yea we have been lucky to have Messi for many years now. Why is this year different to any other? We have been also very unlucky, take all the posts and crossbars and ref decisions and we would be looking at over 100p season.
We have played bad in maybe 4-5 games for entire year, everything else is exaggerating it to the max. There is are other colors than black and white.
Development and growth of the team? Wtf, he sacrificed the solidity we had to introduce Coutinho and Dembele. These are 2 new players who had to be integrated mid-season more or less. Not to mention the on-off Semedo and totally different style of player in Paulinho. For majority of players, there has been clear improvement compared to last year. Likes of Umtiti, Alba, Busi, Raki, Ter Stegen and many others are having considerably better season compared to last.
Putting everything into perspective and looking at how we looked when he took over and what summer we had, I see clear improvement that was backed up by 2 trophies and possibility to do unprecedented invincibles season.
Yes, lets be a club that fires a coach who has lost exactly 2 games for entire season...

El Gato

Villarato!

Huh?

Supporters these days... don't let anything play out. Zero patience.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yea we have been lucky to have Messi for many years now. Why is this year different to any other? We have been also very unlucky, take all the posts and crossbars and ref decisions and we would be looking at over 100p season.
We have played bad in maybe 4-5 games for entire year, everything else is exaggerating it to the max. There is are other colors than black and white.
Development and growth of the team? Wtf, he sacrificed the solidity we had to introduce Coutinho and Dembele. These are 2 new players who had to be integrated mid-season more or less. Not to mention the on-off Semedo and totally different style of player in Paulinho. For majority of players, there has been clear improvement compared to last year. Likes of Umtiti, Alba, Busi, Raki, Ter Stegen and many others are having considerably better season compared to last.
Putting everything into perspective and looking at how we looked when he took over and what summer we had, I see clear improvement that was backed up by 2 trophies and possibility to do unprecedented invincibles season.
Yes, lets be a club that fires a coach who has lost exactly 2 games for entire season...

Sure, if you look at the dire position we were in last summer, domestic double certainly looks great. However, in what fashion did we achieve it? To me it had more to do with luck than substance. We were lucky this season because (1) Messi continued to bail us out even when we played bad and (2) Real Madrid did us a big favor by shooting themselves in the foot. How many games did we play convincingly well this season? I could count with just one hand. And what has Valverde really brought to the table for us? Did our defense really improve? Ter Stegen improved and bailed us out many times for sure.

Coutinho could have had more game time than what he was given. The same was with Dembele on many occasion. Semedo was more or less an afterthought, barring his injury. Mina was completely sidelined.

He is like a poor man’s Mourinho. How much more time do we give him before he wrecks the team and comes up empty-handed? How much time do we have, especially considering Messi only has a few more years left, that it is even more crucial to start building for the future?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Huh?

Supporters these days... don't let anything play out. Zero patience.

Well Wolfe my friend, did Mourinho really work out for you guys in the end in terms of developing players and growing the team?

If I were a Real Madrid fan I would absolutely want Barca to hold on to Valverde.

El Gato

Villarato!
Well Wolfe my friend, did Mourinho really work out for you guys in the end in terms of developing players and growing the team?

If I were a Real Madrid fan I would absolutely want Barca to hold on to Valverde.

Uh, yes? His mischeviousness was crucial to get that bunch of stars perform like stars that they are in the CL. No RM fan will deny him that legacy. Di Maria? Ozil? Benzema was at his best under Mourinho and basically learned everything he knows at the time, the only things he does on the pitch are the things he learned to do under Mourinho? Ramos made a permanent switch to CB under him? He gave Zidane his first backroom position, which in turn gave Varane, Morata and Jese their debuts?

Luftstalag14 said:
However, in what fashion did we achieve it?

You gotta get over your pride. Team with no solid long-term project would kill to achieve what you've achieved.

There's a whole lot of bullshit surrounding Valverde. Sid Lowe's take is great on that. Y'all should listen to his latest podcast on the Barca double and Valverde's contribution towards that.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Sure, if you look at the dire position we were in last summer, domestic double certainly looks great. However, in what fashion did we achieve it? To me it had more to do with luck than substance. We were lucky this season because (1) Messi continued to bail us out even when we played bad and (2) Real Madrid did us a big favor by shooting themselves in the foot. How many games did we play convincingly well this season? I could count with just one hand. And what has Valverde really brought to the table for us? Did our defense really improve? Ter Stegen improved and bailed us out many times for sure.

Coutinho could have had more game time than what he was given. The same was with Dembele on many occasion. Semedo was more or less an afterthought, barring his injury. Mina was completely sidelined.

He is like a poor man’s Mourinho. How much more time do we give him before he wrecks the team and comes up empty-handed? How much time do we have, especially considering Messi only has a few more years left, that it is even more crucial to start building for the future?

Luck? Like having 30+ of our shots hitting crossbars and having some bad ref calls? Messi is the worlds best footballer, he has been bailing us out since he started playing for us, we are paying him massive amounts of money to do so. Nothing new there.
What is RM failing this season have to do with our season failing or not? Not to mention we are currently 6 points ahead of our last season point tally vs same opponents. We would still lead even vs last season RM.
We played most of our games convincingly this season. There were maybe 4-5 games, where it was close and 2 games where we did not really deserve to come out as we did.
Yes our defense improved, especially in first half of season. As soon as we tried to integrate the new boys, it fell apart. Ter Stegen actually had less saves per game this season compared to last (at least that stat was true a few rounds ago). He has played well, but has not been only thing that has improved.
Coutinho has played in more or less every match he has been available for, wtf are you on? Dembele has had many issues with injures and actually impressing in game. If he would have been healthy and actually joined us before preseason, I am sure his fortunes would have been different.
Will not bother responding the the last part, that is just trolling that does not deserve an answer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Luck? Like having 30+ of our shots hitting crossbars and having some bad ref calls? Messi is the worlds best footballer, he has been bailing us out since he started playing for us, we are paying him massive amounts of money to do so. Nothing new there.
What is RM failing this season have to do with our season failing or not? Not to mention we are currently 6 points ahead of our last season point tally vs same opponents. We would still lead even vs last season RM.
We played most of our games convincingly this season. There were maybe 4-5 games, where it was close and 2 games where we did not really deserve to come out as we did.
Yes our defense improved, especially in first half of season. As soon as we tried to integrate the new boys, it fell apart. Ter Stegen actually had less saves per game this season compared to last (at least that stat was true a few rounds ago). He has played well, but has not been only thing that has improved.
Coutinho has played in more or less every match he has been available for, wtf are you on? Dembele has had many issues with injures and actually impressing in game. If he would have been healthy and actually joined us before preseason, I am sure his fortunes would have been different.
Will not bother responding the the last part, that is just trolling that does not deserve an answer.

Trolling? Mourinho is certainly better. Clearly we see things differently. We will have to agree to disagree then. I don’t see any hope under Valverde and I can’t wait for him to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans