Who should be Barca manager next season?

Who should be Barca manager next season?

• Valverde

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Sarri

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Allegri

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tuchel (If available)

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any other (please post to tell us)

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Listen, as I said before jamrock is the answer, he as been highlighting the demise of the Barca way since the days of Tito villonva, he saw that the people in charge of the club are just a bunch of bureaucrats, they do not feel for the club the way the great Joan laporta did,if Barca went belly up tomorrow they will lose now sleep.

Jamrock as also been the leading mine behind many of the tactics that the Barca fan base is looking at these days, check is post history, he is always ahead of the curve with the best system need to maximize players performance.

Messi is also a great fan of his work

So do the right thing & vote jamrock

khaled_a_d

Sarri will not be appointed by Barca. The man has a history of calling other coaches and journalists "faggots" and when he doesn't like refereeing decisions he says the "sport is for homosexuals these days".

If Sarri saw Messi's workrate he'd call him a faggot as well.

He is also an active coach since 1990 and his biggest achievement is playing an attractive style with Napoli. Between 2005 and 2012 he has never lasted longer than 1 year in 8 different clubs.

The Sarri love-in reminds me of the Sampaoli love-in not that long ago which has died down pretty quickyl after he took over Argentina.

Ancelotti said he'd never coach the rival team of a team he had coached before and I trust the man's word. He's outdated anyway, why would we take the rejects of Madrid and Bayern?

Yeah, he is another flavour of the day coach.
And as I mentioned before, we haven't hired a coach who doesn't speak the language since 1997

Givenchy

Sarri will not be appointed by Barca. The man has a history of calling other coaches and journalists "faggots" and when he doesn't like refereeing decisions he says the "sport is for homosexuals these days".

If Sarri saw Messi's workrate he'd call him a faggot as well.

He is also an active coach since 1990 and his biggest achievement is playing an attractive style with Napoli. Between 2005 and 2012 he has never lasted longer than 1 year in 8 different clubs.

The Sarri love-in reminds me of the Sampaoli love-in not that long ago which has died down pretty quickyl after he took over Argentina.

Ancelotti said he'd never coach the rival team of a team he had coached before and I trust the man's word. He's outdated anyway, why would we take the rejects of Madrid and Bayern?

:lol: that sounds like just what we need right now tbh, a coach who has passion. maybe he can whip the players into a frenzy and motivate them again

FC B

I've been asking for a top manager since Tata. Look at the distance covered stats for this years CL QF (Credit goes to Hardy who posted this in the match thread)

Juventus 120 km
Liverpool 115 km
Bayern 113 km
Sevillia 113 km
Real 111 km
City 110 km
Rome 108 km
Barca 102 km <------------ LOL

I don't think it is a coincidence that teams managed by Allegri, Klopp and Jupp are at the top spots. They are demanding, aggressive and imposing managers who won't put up with player bullshit or laziness.

Barcelona has become a lazy, complacent, poorly drilled team. They lack effort and drive that usually comes with the demands of a top manager. You guys think that players walking around the pitch with their heads down would be acceptable under a great manager? Not a chance, the players would feel the hammer for it.

EV is a nice guy manager. Barca is the last team on this planet that should be hiring nice guy managers because complacency seems to hit our players faster than anyone else. We need somebody cutthroat, ruthless, demanding and with leadership abilities.

Pep had the balls to come in here and tell Dinho, Deco, Eto'o and Zlatan to leave because he believed Barca could be better. You think EV has the balls to tell Suarez, Raki or even freakin Gomes to get out? Forget it, not a chance.

Enough with these nice guys and media darlings. Bring someone in that has some steel.

Excellent point!

I'd certainly sack Valverde at the end of the season, that's for sure. And I'd do everything possible to bring a true manager who is a powerful figure and a great motivator just like Klopp is.
My first choice is Jurgen though I know how unlikely that is.
Would also go for Pochettino.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

In all honesty there is no safe or obvious choice.
1-No big name coach will arrive next season, Allegri,Pep and Klopp are settled like kings in their clubs. Conte is declining name and same for Mou, Pochettino and Simeone will never coach us, Ancelotti and Zidane won't come either. Can't think of another name that can be considered "big name". Tuchel on his way to PSG
2-After that there is the "exciting" names that aren't so exciting tbh. Sarri and Setien who spent most of their career coaching lower teams and only started coaching respectable team recently while they are close to their 60's, never managed super stars before or even experienced being one or playing beside one. As Xavi once said that coaching this days depends a lot on man management more than anything.
3-The Barca DNA, prepare yourself of the Cocu, Unzue,Eusebio candidates
4-The "promotion"type of coach like Marcelino, can't think of other names in Spanish football right now, but they are mostly just like EV, they can produce some respectable football but fans will sooner or later will turn against them.

Overall I would understand the board decision to take another bet on EV with season double (or just league) over other gambles. If there was an obvious choice I think they would have thought of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans