Who should be Barca manager next season?

Who should be Barca manager next season?

• Valverde

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Sarri

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Allegri

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tuchel (If available)

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any other (please post to tell us)

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

Sarri plays the most Barca like football but its a risk. Allegri is a top coach, probably the best we will have hired since Van Gaal in 97, since then we have hired really average or unproven managers, occasionally it has worked but more often than not it hasn't. I think these two are the most likely, I would go with Sarri, it is a big risk as he is unproven at this level but I think we will go back to playing the most exciting football if he can bring in a few players and Barca has always been about exciting football which is why I fell in love with the club and I want it back.

Devils

FC Barcelona is NOT a great team in Europe anymore.

We can spend 500m on transfer this summer, but as long as this wretched attitude of our players and management remain we ain't shit.

1) Madrid
2) Bayern
3) Juventus
4) Atletico

Way off these teams in European competition in recent times. And we're at risk of falling even further with some of these premier league clubs building stronger teams.

Sure we might have squads equivalent to these teams or even better and these guys might have had stumbles in certain campaigns, but at least you can count on them to fight tooth and nail and go down fighting.

Barca collapse like a straw house being hit by a gust of wind.

Last edited:

PhilS

In this sport, the default is to just change the manager. Whether it is a good idea or not, change the manager, at least that makes it look like something is being done.

Valverde has done very well with this squad this year. Recovering this well from the huge hit of losing Neymar at the end of the preseason is quite a managerial accomplishment. Especially with the Dembele acquisition not paying off well so far.

Valverde is certainly the best Barca manager since Pep. Stability is needed now, give him a chance to be involved in re-shaping the squad, advance the transition from the current aging group of key players.

This big transition already has some bright lights, like Umtitti, Coutinho and Semedo. For next season, meld in Greizman, the new great midfielder, and Dembele.

khaled_a_d

He specifically said that he will never coach Barca.

Mou specifically said he won't coach Real Madrid too.
Point is, if he doesn't have better offer he will be available. He won't set another season or coach a crappy team because of his "love" to RM

aaron101

Mou specifically said he won't coach Real Madrid too.
Point is, if he doesn't have better offer he will be available. He won't set another season or coach a crappy team because of his "love" to RM

Mou only coached Real after getting rejected by Barca and that explains his bitterness against Barca while he was there.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
If EV remains our coach next season then he has this whole summer to reevaluate his mess. 2-3 months sounds pretty reasonable to have him and his staff to start over from scratch. Cause I do think if it doesn’t work out he will be sacked mid season like Benitez.

khaled_a_d

Ok, quick history check of former Barca managers

Since start of Barca rebirth under Laporta:
we had 6 managers
the last 5 of them (start of our local domination with pep) were native Spanish speakers with
4 of them Spanish themselves, first two came from within the club, last two came from Liga with history attached to the club.
the 5th of Spanish speaking was the only true failure.
The 1st out of 6th managers were Rijkaard, he spoke Spanish fluently before he arrived from his time in Liga (he even had problems with Rustu being non-spanish speaker)

before that I don't know which coach we hired that didn't' speak Spanish but last 4 were :
Antic (spoke Spanish due coaching there) LVG in 2nd time so he probably spoke Spanish too
Rexach & Ferrer who were from Spain.
So if I am gonna take a guess, our last coach who came while not speaking the language was LVG back in 1997. 21 years ago.

Point is, there is small chance we are going for one of those foreign managers who doesn't speak the language. That rule out Tuchel/Sarri/Allegri
That is why I am a bit hesitant in firing EV (unless he really lost dressing room) because the most likely replacement will be between Eusebio and Unzue. Good coaches themselves but worse than EV IMO.
Gerard Lopez probably has bigger chance than Sarri, so careful what you wish for folks

Alik

Ok, quick history check of former Barca managers

Since start of Barca rebirth under Laporta:
we had 6 managers
the last 5 of them (start of our local domination with pep) were native Spanish speakers with
4 of them Spanish themselves, first two came from within the club, last two came from Liga with history attached to the club.
the 5th of Spanish speaking was the only true failure.
The 1st out of 6th managers were Rijkaard, he spoke Spanish fluently before he arrived from his time in Liga (he even had problems with Rustu being non-spanish speaker)

before that I don't know which coach we hired that didn't' speak Spanish but last 4 were :
Antic (spoke Spanish due coaching there) LVG in 2nd time so he probably spoke Spanish too
Rexach & Ferrer who were from Spain.
So if I am gonna take a guess, our last coach who came while not speaking the language was LVG back in 1997. 21 years ago.

Point is, there is small chance we are going for one of those foreign managers who doesn't speak the language. That rule out Tuchel/Sarri/Allegri
That is why I am a bit hesitant in firing EV (unless he really lost dressing room) because the most likely replacement will be between Eusebio and Unzue. Good coaches themselves but worse than EV IMO.
Gerard Lopez probably has bigger chance than Sarri, so careful what you wish for folks

Might want to finally try something different. Plus Italians pick up Spanish really quickly, so that shouldn't be a problem.

ini4ever

A great European team doesn't get eliminated and outplayed in three consecutive seasons by Atletico, Juventus and at last a team like Roma. The key word here is outplayed. Conceding god knows how many goals in the process and barely scoring anything apart from that freak 6-1 vs PSG because they're even more pathetic and we had some questionable decisions go our way.

Yup, It's not about just conceding goals like in 2010 or 2012, did fans feel ashamed ? certainly not because we played our best and put effort to succeed. But the last 3 seasons we simply got outplayed at least in one of the ties and that's fucking shameful. Be it players or manager i don't care but it happened. Yes you can't win CL every year but those performances shouldn't be happening in 3 years straight. Actually, i think maybe it's because there aren't enough ambitious people within the club lol, they are like, another QF exit ? who the fuck cares, there is another season next year so its all fine.

Devils

I've been asking for a top manager since Tata. Look at the distance covered stats for this years CL QF (Credit goes to Hardy who posted this in the match thread)

Juventus 120 km
Liverpool 115 km
Bayern 113 km
Sevillia 113 km
Real 111 km
City 110 km
Rome 108 km
Barca 102 km <------------ LOL

I don't think it is a coincidence that teams managed by Allegri, Klopp and Jupp are at the top spots. They are demanding, aggressive and imposing managers who won't put up with player bullshit or laziness.

Barcelona has become a lazy, complacent, poorly drilled team. They lack effort and drive that usually comes with the demands of a top manager. You guys think that players walking around the pitch with their heads down would be acceptable under a great manager? Not a chance, the players would feel the hammer for it.

EV is a nice guy manager. Barca is the last team on this planet that should be hiring nice guy managers because complacency seems to hit our players faster than anyone else. We need somebody cutthroat, ruthless, demanding and with leadership abilities.

Pep had the balls to come in here and tell Dinho, Deco, Eto'o and Zlatan to leave because he believed Barca could be better. You think EV has the balls to tell Suarez, Raki or even freakin Gomes to get out? Forget it, not a chance.

Enough with these nice guys and media darlings. Bring someone in that has some steel.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I've been asking for a top manager since Tata. Look at the distance run stats for this years CL (Credit goes to Hardy who posted this in the match thread)

Juventus 120 km
Liverpool 115 km
Bayern 113 km
Sevillia 113 km
Real 111 km
City 110 km
Rome 108 km
Barca 102 km <------------ LOL

I don't think it is a coincidence that teams managed by Allegri, Klopp and Jupp are at the top spots. They are demanding, aggressive and imposing managers who won't put up with player bullshit or laziness.

Barcelona has become a lazy, complacent, poorly drilled team. They lack effort and drive that usually comes with the demands of a top manager. You guys think that players walking around the pitch with their heads down would be acceptable under a great manager? Not a chance, the players would feel the hammer for it.

EV is a nice guy manager. Barca is the last team on this planet that should be hiring nice guy managers because complacency seems to hit our players faster than anyone else. We need somebody cutthroat, ruthless, demanding and with leadership abilities.

Enough with these nice guys and media darlings. Bring someone in that has some steel.

the bayern and juve games in 2015 are the only times I've seen us employing aggressive pressing in the last 5 years. truly shameful stuff from one manager and player after the other.

Raketa10

Tuchel without a doubt! I am really interested who the fuck voted for Valverde?!?! Some people here really have serious brain damage if they still think he is a manager for Barca.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Sarri will not be appointed by Barca. The man has a history of calling other coaches and journalists "faggots" and when he doesn't like refereeing decisions he says the "sport is for homosexuals these days".

If Sarri saw Messi's workrate he'd call him a faggot as well.

He is also an active coach since 1990 and his biggest achievement is playing an attractive style with Napoli. Between 2005 and 2012 he has never lasted longer than 1 year in 8 different clubs.

The Sarri love-in reminds me of the Sampaoli love-in not that long ago which has died down pretty quickyl after he took over Argentina.

Ancelotti said he'd never coach the rival team of a team he had coached before and I trust the man's word. He's outdated anyway, why would we take the rejects of Madrid and Bayern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans