Who should be Barca manager next season?

Who should be Barca manager next season?

• Valverde

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Sarri

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Allegri

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tuchel (If available)

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any other (please post to tell us)

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowy

No one can light sparks and jolt us out of our lethargy better than the emeritus Herrn Doktor Kafka!

His orders R to be followed at ALL TiMES!!!

and He always gets zzzze reSULTS! yaaaah

Richard.H

Allegri is a great coach but our midfield is shit compared to what he demands out of his mids. Sarri could be good but once again this mid cannot play tiki taka for shit.

A lot of the squad likes unzue but he would be a big risk. I think we are due for a safe, CL experienced coach rather than a b team/mid table/Europa league coach.

serghei

Allegri is not good for what we need atm. We need a manager to build a new team using the players we signed, some Barca B talents (Alena is the obvious one), and the players that will come.

Xaviniesta

Sarri started at the very bottom and has managed to reach to the top, fighting for the serie a title against juve.

The things he can do with limited resources is already outstanding. now imagine giving him the best facilities, technology, and an unlimited budget.

Not to mention that he plays one of - if not- the most beautiful football in Europe.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I love Sarri's football but he has not La Liga experience whatsoever. That lack of experience would be problematic for the league campaign.

The next real coach I want for us is Xavi. He won't be ready by this summer but in maybe a season or two, he will be ready. So someone like Unzue wouldn't be bad because he would at least understand our philosophy and hopefully work more youth products into the team. He has done well with Celta this season and honestly, I have a feeling he was more the "brains" behind Lucho's tenure here anyways.

So I say, give Unzue a season or two until Xavi is ready. Otherwise, keep Valverde until Xavi is ready. Tuchel would be intriguing but he will probably go to either Arsenal or Chelsea, Max and Carlo wouldn't fit well here.

BarçaBarça

In those finals he lost against two historically great teams who were performing at the peak of their powers. Juve were never favorites in either of those matches. Bottling would imply that he his opponents were there for the taking or it was expected that Juve win but didn't. Wouldn't say he bottled it at all.

He's done an amazing job with Juve domestically and he has outperformed many of the top football managers in the CL in recent history.

He also said he's done managing in Italy after this season.

Didn't know he has said that - interesting :thinking:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valverde will remain the Barcelona manager.

We'll sign Antoine Griezmann and bench Dembele just so we can see another season of Suarez tripping over himself, moaning at everyone when he'll continue to do fuck all in the CL while struggling to control a ball, jumping over passes thinking he's a genius with a dummy with no team mate behind him, struggling to pass the ball 5m.

Not to forget Rakitic still starting and doing nothing whatsoever going forward. Oh, and perhaps we'll have Roberto at RB too who will play some nice passes and have some nice actions, but then get exposed once against against decent opposition in the CL.

Nothing will change in the CL. The players will still barely move because the #1 principal playing possession based football is definitely standing there for 90 minutes instead of constant movement to receive and pass the ball to open up the defence.

Messi will be 32, Busquets 31 and Pique 33 and we'll face another CL QF exit, if not a R16 one if we end up being really unlucky and face a strong, high pressing, motivated opposition.

We'll continue the same conversations next year drawing up a million formations and teams suggesting players who could replace this and that while we fall into further obscurity.

I'm rarely negative, but I'm sorry, I don't see any strong man in the club that is going to make tough decisions this summer, whether it is replacing the coach or some supposed key players and replacing them with upgrades.

I'll still keep watching and supporting this club even if the team keep playing boring football, but at least the next season I won't be fooled into thinking we're actually a great European team with any CL aspirations or hope of winning that competition, because wake up and smell the fucking coffee, FC Barcelona is NOT a great team in Europe anymore.

A great European team doesn't get eliminated and outplayed in three consecutive seasons by Atletico, Juventus and at last a team like Roma. The key word here is outplayed. Conceding god knows how many goals in the process and barely scoring anything apart from that freak 6-1 vs PSG because they're even more pathetic and we had some questionable decisions go our way.

At least I won't get lured into a false sense of security or hope we could actually compete and win in Europe if I accept it right away now. I would be happy if we can manage to not get embarrassed, that's how far I'll go.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Actually that was my error, he said once he is done with Juventus he is finished managing in Italy, but didn't say this was his last.

Fair enough - it still indicates that he is not totally unavailable, contrary to if he had sworn an oath to stay at Juve and maybe extend..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans