Look good first, win second or not?

I would rather

• see us win and play bad

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • see us play good but lose

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

LeeRomeno

In many threads there are people arguing over similar topic, so lets see the overall mentality of forum.
2 options:
a) we play as we have, with some luck, own goals and opposition hitting posts win the treble this season with 1-0 wins and away goals. People moan and whine, but results are there.
b) we suddenly turn into the sexiest footballing side in the world, Dembele and Messi have fun with opposition, we have 30 clear cut scoring possibilities vs Real, but they score from 1 counter and we are out of CL.

What would you prefer?

FCBfan22

In many threads there are people arguing over similar topic, so lets see the overall mentality of forum.
2 options:
a) we play as we have, with some luck, own goals and opposition hitting posts win the treble this season with 1-0 wins and away goals. People moan and whine, but results are there.
b) we suddenly turn into the sexiest footballing side in the world, Dembele and Messi have fun with opposition, we have 30 clear cut scoring possibilities vs Real, but they score from 1 counter and we are out of CL.

What would you prefer?

There is no way that there are only two extreme versions of this, but as long as we win, I don't care if we Inter our way to CL trophy.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
We start every match as the proactive side, trying to build up calmly and dominate the ball as usual. Valverde just likes to defend leads instead of increasing them and is fine with draws in tough away matches.
It is not like we are parking buses every week. Our season has been incredible so far so I am fine with the current approach.

FC B

Voted play bad and win, its our turn to be Real Madrid for at least two consecutive CL campaigns!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'd like to know who voted for us to play sexy and lose to Real Madrid. Had to be a Real Madrid fan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If playing bad this season means winning the CL then I'm all for it.

Beggars can't be choosers.

I do hope we can play better and also win next season with the introduction of Coutinho in the Starting XI and hopefully a Griezmann adding great value with Dembele taking some big steps and playing well.

Devils

I don't know if play 'bad' is the term I would use. Playing bad implies we play poor as a team and without efficiency, but get results. I think at times our team plays boring football but that doesn't correlate to a lack of efficiency. Some would say we played boring football against Chelsea and Roma at Camp Nou, but I would find it very hard to believe anyone who says we weren't efficient.

That said, if I would take playing 'boring' or 'ugly' football with victory than beautiful football without victory any day of the week.

Neymessi

This, this is exactly what people don't understand and I am going to repeat myself like a broken record.

I would take a play badly but win but who guarantees that we are going to win if we play like this. Chelsea could have easily won the tie if we weren't lucky, same with sevilla. This isn't some sort of trade off that EV is doing where we are sacrificing our gameplay for results. This is us playing like average but lucky enough to win.

LeeRomeno

This, this is exactly what people don't understand and I am going to repeat myself like a broken record.

I would take a play badly but win but who guarantees that we are going to win if we play like this. Chelsea could have easily won the tie if we weren't lucky, same with sevilla. This isn't some sort of trade off that EV is doing where we are sacrificing our gameplay for results. This is us playing like average but lucky enough to win.

There are no guarantees in football, never have been, purpose of this poll is to see the mentality of the forum, if it is about results or style and well so far outcome is pretty clear.

snowy

then again, give us 30 clear cut scoring possibilities vs Real, and we crush every single time :whistle:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans