Messi vs CR7 in CL

serghei

He does. I'll search for his shot conversation rate in the CL last 5 years. You too, and if you find bring it. We can compare it with Messi.

I watched more or less every CL game of Madrid in the advanced phases. And some group games. The difference is huge. In these tough games vs the big boys, Ronaldo is frustratingly clinical with his chances.

serghei

Not so clinical as Messi when provided with clear cut chances.

I don't know where is Messi more clinical with his chances in top CL games if he hasn't scored in the QF in 5 years. Plus, if you score 1 goal out of 1 big chance, this is not better than 5 goals out of 7 chances, even though the first is 100% conversion and the 2nd is only 57%. In the end it's still 1 goal vs 5 goals. Big part of playing as a striker is movement up front, you have to get in those chances and you have to know how to play inside the 16m box.

Raketa10

Since we are throwing stats let's throw one more. Why don’t you also take this into consideration?

MINUTES PLAYED THIS SEASON:

Messi 3.785
Ronaldo 3.057

728 minutes more! Thats over 8 games! Of course Ronaldo looks fitter than Messi in this part of the season.

I don't know where is Messi more clinical with his chances in top CL games if he hasn't scored in the QF in 5 years. Plus, if you score 1 goal out of 1 big chance, this is not better than 5 goals out of 7 chances, even though the first is 100% conversion and the 2nd is only 57%. In the end it's still 1 goal vs 5 goals. Big part of playing as a striker is movement up front, you have to get in those chances and you have to know how to play inside the 16m box.
Talking about Movements?

When was the last time, Messi and Suarez were standing in the penalty box forever only marked by 2 CBs only for Alba to dribble and provide with a cross 3 yards away from front of goal for Suarez to deceive the 2CBs?

When was the last time a Barca player dribbled two defenders while Messi was standing ball watching in front of the Goalkeeper only for him to cut it to Messi 2 yards in front of goal like Marcelo against Bayern?

Completely different circumstances. Most of the time I see Messi, he's trying to shoot from outside the penalty box only to be blocked perfectly by a block of 3 defenders in front of him.

Messi has the most goals from outside the box in the last 5 years. But Ronaldo is more clinical?

vlad

Messi didnt score in QF 5 years... wow

Edit: messi doesnt move enough on the pitch, so its easier to mark him then ronaldo who is constantly on the move , we can read how messi is "saving" himself so that is the reason he walks sometimes, i think that is not the case, he just dont like running so much

Last edited:

El Flaco

DZ-IGWZWsAAWV_E

DZ5CfyFX4AEct8l

Okay... Let's settle this once and forever. Since, I don't know about editing, can anyone post all the goals of Ronaldo in the last 5 year CL knock outs and the same for Messi?

Messi didnt score in QF 5 years... wow

Edit: messi doesnt move enough on the pitch, so its easier to mark him then ronaldo who is constantly on the move , we can read how messi is "saving" himself so that is the reason he walks sometimes, i think that is not the case, he just dont like running so much

Please read my last post about movements.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Since we are throwing stats let's throw one more. Why don’t you also take this into consideration?

MINUTES PLAYED THIS SEASON:

Messi 3.785
Ronaldo 3.057

728 minutes more! Thats over 8 games! Of course Ronaldo looks fitter than Messi in this part of the season.

I guess many of them are due to Ronaldo's suspension in the beginning of the season.

Joan

Messi has the most goals from outside the box in the last 5 years. But Ronaldo is more clinical?
Ronaldo is more clinical, he scores more in the CL. But it's easier to score a tap-in than from outside the box.

Don't know how it would look if we tried to set up Messi.

Ronaldo is more clinical, he scores more in the CL. But it's easier to score a tap-in than from outside the box.

Don't know how it would look if we tried to set up Messi.

Last time a team was focused on setting up Messi, he scored 91 goals and the very next year was scoring in a better rate to beat the record only for injuries to change all the tactical plans.

Home of Barca Fans