Messi vs CR7 in CL

Agree completely. Allegri in the press conference after the match said exactly this, Ronaldo is the best in the world and probably the best ever in the penalty area.

He also said that he's actually a striker now, so Ronaldo fanboys and Ronaldo himself who said he's still a winger can fuck off because people aren't blind.

Can anyone post the post-match conference of Allegri?
I read one statement that most accurately defined the playing system of RM than I ever read anywhere.

'Real Madrid has the most accurate final pass'.

Raketa10

Man, I was talking about GOAL SCORING, not overall influence. What does both having 4 CLs have to do with anything?

Goal scoring: 0,80 vs 0,81 ratio. If you are talking ONLY about goal scoring than why are you mentioning elimination rounds? Stay consistent than.

Last edited:

serghei

They are incomparable to any normal football fan wih eyes and basic football knowledge but nevermind. The tragedy is that 90% of people care only about the last game and forget what is Messi doing for over 13 years now. The biggest tragedy is when Barca “fans” are doing that.

I suggest you start reading those posts again, I specifically said 'STRIKER', this was the term of the comparison. You're leaving in denial if you think Ronaldo is not at this moment a better striker than Messi. Ronaldo would have scored 2-3 goals easily vs Roma last night.

Man, I was talking about GOAL SCORING, not overall influence. What does both having 4 CLs have to do with anything?

Man, Messi doesn't play deep because 'he has no service' like you are trying to imply. He pays in a no10 position because right now, he is more of a playmaker than he is a scorer. He still scores more than anyone bar Ronaldo who is the only player that is scoring more for him in the top games.

Tell me exactly who is giving that 'the most accurate last pass' which Allegri defined apart from the prime Xavi and Iniesta? Still, despite being in worse position than Ronaldo to score the goal, he has more accurate shot conversion. Look at his goals against Chelsea. He scored both from almost impossible angle which surprised even Courtois. Meanwhile, Ronaldo only need a howler from the last defender to score against Juventus.

serghei

Agree completely. Allegri in the press conference after the match said exactly this, Ronaldo is the best in the world and probably the best ever in the penalty area.

He also said that he's actually a striker now, so Ronaldo fanboys and Ronaldo himself who said he's still a winger can fuck off because people aren't blind.

Yea, they're not even similar as players. You can have both Messi and Ronaldo in the same team easily, just on footballing terms. Imagine Ronaldo instead of Suarez and Messi as a 10 behind him. This team would win CL 6 years in a row.

Cule4life

The Culest
Messi has to bear the burden of being Barca's only creative force. Ronaldo is a great finisher but others create chances for him. Not to mention daylight robberies like Kassai against Bayern help him tremendously.

Raketa10

I suggest you start reading those posts again, I specifically said 'STRIKER', this was the term of the comparison. You're leaving in denial if you think Ronaldo is not at this moment a better striker than Messi. Ronaldo would have scored 2-3 goals easily vs Roma last night.

And you know that how exactly? Are you psychic? If you are please bet as much as you can you’ll become a milionare!

Joan

Messi never scores sitters. Real Madrid plays to set Ronaldo up.

It's tough to judge. I'd take Messi anyday for anything, though.

serghei

Absurd statement. Messi has better shot conversion percentage. If Messi has as much clear cut chances as Ronaldo, he would have scored more than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo doesn't take too many shots in the big games. He takes wild shots vs the smaller teams when he knows the chances will keep coming with regularity and he wants to score more. In the big games Ronaldo is very clinical.

Ronaldo doesn't take too many shots in the big games. He takes wild shots vs the smaller teams when he knows the chances will keep coming with regularity and he wants to score more.

He does. I'll search for his shot conversion rate in the CL last 5 years. You too, and if you find bring it. We can compare it with Messi.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans