Real Madrid:Semi finals or finals?

Would you rather face Real in the semis or in a potential final?

• Total voters

bismp

The question is simple:
Would you like to face Real Madrid in the semifinals(almost inevitable that both teams will advance at this point) or in a potential final?

I feel that at this point we are the only team that can stop Real from threepeating.

On the one hand we have more chances to beat Real in a two-legged semifinal,just like 2011.In fact i am pretty confident we can make it.

On the other hand,a potential El Classico at the CL final would be epic,one of the greatest matches in the history of football.UEFA knows it and will most likely try ro rig the draw to make this possible(just like 2012,2013 and 2015).Beating Real at the CL final would be a dream come true for all the Cules and it would cement our place as the best team of the last few years.However,imagine losing the game...That would mean that Real made a threepeat(4 in the last 5 years),Real would be crowned the best team of the decade and more and more people(if not the majority) would call Cristiano the goat.

So,my choice is the semis.We have more chances to come victorious and even if we don’t make it,there would still be hope that either Bayern or Liverpool will stop Madrid.

Thoughts?

Kerrybai

Semis. We have beaten them 3 years in a row at the Bernaleo. Its our best chance to stop them ... and then if Liverpool take out Bayern we have a real shot in the final. The main thing for us is avoiding Bayern.

FCBfan22

Semis. Not only I won't be able to watch the final, but also 26. 5. 2018 could be the best day in Barca history or the worst day. In the final, we would be a lot more luck dependant than in SF's and I would much rather play one leg at BernaLeo and one on the fortress that is Camp Nou than one game in some stadion in Ukraine.

Just my 2 cents. Bring on Madrid. And fast.

LeeRomeno

Semifinals for sure. Would actually prefer them over Liverpool or Bayern in semis. But if ManC manages to come back, I would take ManC over Real.

beck123

Banned
Why you shit your pants about playing in the final with Real ?

It will be an epic game for christ sake.
50/50 chances.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why you shit your pants about playing in the final with Real ?

It will be an epic game for christ sake.
50/50 chances.

Who says anything about shitting? Many just believe Barca will have a clearer advantage over a two-leg.

snowy

Part of me wants to pick the Finals for a grand dramatic win but my preference goes to the Semis. I like the idea of dominating them big in both legs. More time on the pitch to troll them :suarez1:

Devils

Easily semis.

1) Who would want Madrid to actually get to another final?

2) It would be much better to face them over two legs at two different stadiums, both of which we have a fantastic record at in recent times.

There is no other team on this planet who is more confident playing at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid than Barca. We would be stupid to hope another team could knock them out of the CL in the semis when we have the best chance at it.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Few years ago Pique said he wanted to play them one day in the final. I am with him here.

ini4ever

Yup, I don't think Liverpool or Bayern will manage to k.o Real and I'd rather have a chance to take down Real instead of getting knocked out by Bayern/Liverpool and Real get through easily, if they manage to beat us it's fair to say they deserve to win CL.

FCBfan22

Few years ago Pique said he wanted to play them one day in the final. I am with him here.

Actually, I would pick final too, if only they weren't the two time winners in last two years. Too much things can go tits up with El Classico final for us.

Home of Barca Fans