Real Madrid:Semi finals or finals?

Would you rather face Real in the semis or in a potential final?

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, if we don't screw up our lead against Roma, in the semis Real Madrid would be relatively the best team for us to face simply because we are much more familiar with them than Bayern and Liverpool. I think Bayern's attack is too multiple-dimensional for us to handle and Liverpool's frantic pressing will make us very uncomfortable and their high-paced attack will kill us.

serghei

Final, prefer them to play Bayern and us Liverpool or City (that tie is not done at all) in the semis.

Final is going to be huge for both clubs. Whoever wins has the best night in their history and whoever loses the worst. There has never been a Champions League final between fierce rivals like Barca and Madrid. The whole hugeness of the game and the anticipation of it is worth the risk of losing it.

Equal pressure for both teams. If we lose, Madrid win 3 in a row and make huge headlines (could see that record standing for a long time). If we win, we add another historic treble while Madrid gets nothing, and need to rebuild on a fucked up market. 3 trebles and 6 doubles, vs 0 trebles and 1 double. Great record for Barca to have over Madrid. And very hard to match.

With this approach, we have better chances in a final than a semifinal. This is not 2011 anymore.

Last edited:
Well, if we don't screw up our lead against Roma, in the semis Real Madrid would be relatively the best team for us to face simply because we are much more familiar with them than Bayern and Liverpool. I think Bayern's attack is too multiple-dimensional for us to handle and Liverpool's frantic pressing will make us very uncomfortable and their high-paced attack will kill us.

Lol no... Sevilla was toying with them for the entire 90 minutes. Of course, they can improve. But they're the best possible tie for Barca. Liverpool will press our already tired team out of the park.

Cule4life

The Culest
Shit accidentally voted for final. I want them in semi finals. Less chance of them fluking a victory. Not to mention no fear of gifting them CL directly.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Just want to say that if we played them in the final we will most likely be rested as them, same can't be said about semi-finals considering we play CDR final the week before

Just want to say that if we played them in the final we will most likely be rested as them, same can't be said about semi-finals considering we play CDR final the week before

This is what everyone don't understand. We are not only fighting for 3 trophies, we are fighting for unbeaten league too. We'll be extremely tired. Facing them in the final is the best possible tie. Bayern is the best tie for us in Semi Final. They've not yet played against a decent team.

Stoichkov1

I don't want to face them and get humiliated.

At least if they're gonna win their 3rd CL in a row I don't want them to eliminate us.

Morten

All i know, is if an El Classico final happens, i will take a good break from this forum.
Either outcome, this is not the place to be.

beck123

Banned
All i know, is if an El Classico final happens, i will take a good break from this forum.
Either outcome, this is not the place to be.

Why? :D

If Real lose in the UCL final vs Barca, be sure you are not the only one who will take a good break from this forum. :D

But if Real win, if I want to laugh, I can visit this forum and read some deluded comments.

bodi16

I want us to meet them in semifinals. If we will knock them out, then we can concentrate on winning the final, if not, then there is still a chance they will not make it 3rd time in a row.

FCBfan22

Why? :D

If Real lose in the UCL final vs Barca, be sure you are not the only one who will take a good break from this forum. :D

But if Real win, if I want to laugh, I can visit this forum and read some deluded comments.

If Real wins fair and square and is a better team on the night, you won't see such things here from majority of people...

This isn't Barca Reddit.

Barça board members prefer to face Real Madrid in the semi-finals. One of the main reasons is that Barça take their style of play to another level when they play at the Bernabéu. [cat radio]

Home of Barca Fans