Lliga | Round 30: Sevilla - FC Barcelona 2-2

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Saw some Manchester United fans expressing Schadenfreude when we were down 0:2, as if this would have totally vindicated them. As bad as we are, we are still better than them. ;)

Go Sevilla! Zieht den Bayern die Lederhosen aus!!

SKS-

Most of us expected this game to be tough, and some even predicted a loss. Which is fine because Sevilla are great at home. With that said, the performance in the first half was inexcusable, and it had more to do with us playing crappy as opposed to Sevilla brilliance. Forget that we had more shots and possession in the first half, there was simply no cohesion amongst our midfield. For large parts of the second half it was pretty much the same, and yet we managed a draw. Not that its something bright to take away from, nor does it absolve EV of questions, but the undefeated season is still on.

bodi16

Most of us expected this game to be tough, and some even predicted a loss. Which is fine because Sevilla are great at home. With that said, the performance in the first half was inexcusable, and it had more to do with us playing crappy as opposed to Sevilla brilliance. Forget that we had more shots and possession in the first half, there was simply no cohesion amongst our midfield. For large parts of the second half it was pretty much the same, and yet we managed a draw. Not that its something bright to take away from, nor does it absolve EV of questions, but the undefeated season is still on.

I simply don't care about the fact that we are still undefeated in the league. I would have preferred us losing today than potentially ending our undefeated streak against RM for example, in the 37th round (which would suck honestly).

The truth is: our team lacks control, our attack is not what it used to be, our midfield is basically non-existent and our defence is partially improvised (Roberto). This game should be a wake up call for EV and the players. I can understand that we are struggling after international breaks almost every single time, but we were getting dominated by Bilbao at home in the second half too. If Sevilla would have had better attacking players they would have slaughtered us today.

SKS-

I simply don't care about the fact that we are still undefeated in the league. I would have preferred us losing today than potentially ending our undefeated streak against RM for example, in the 37th round (which would suck honestly).

The truth is: our team lacks control, our attack is not what it used to be, our midfield is basically non-existent and our defence is partially improvised (Roberto). This game should be a wake up call for EV and the players. I can understand that we are struggling after international breaks almost every single time, but we were getting dominated by Bilbao at home in the second half too. If Sevilla would have had better attacking players they would have slaughtered us today.

Agree, but I also feel that the second half against Bilbao, or the number of chances we allowed against Chelsea should've been the wake up call.

Barcilliant

We have just been lucky this season. Even under Tata teams didn't have this many scoring opportunities against us. If Sevilla had been half clinical it would have been 5-2.

Pique and Umtiti were horrible. Just speechless. I just watched the game and I have no idea how we got a draw.

FinBarcelonafan

Agree, but I also feel that the second half against Bilbao, or the number of chances we allowed against Chelsea should've been the wake up call.

True. Lately, we haven't been good defending. At least at the start of the season, we were also better defensively. Lately, our midfield is getting exposed badly.

eaman

Chelsea had chances when we were 2 and 3 nil up and there were maybe 2 chances. Even atletico concede a couple of chances a game. Stop overreacting it was a long international break and the fifa virus effected the defence. Also no busquets didn't help

SKS-

Chelsea had chances when we were 2 and 3 nil up and there were maybe 2 chances. Even atletico concede a couple of chances a game. Stop overreacting it was a long international break and the fifa virus effected the defence. Also no busquets didn't help

A couple of chances is far different from losing control in midfield or mediocre defending. In my eyes, a good result does not necessarily imply the performance was superb.

eaman

A couple of chances is far different from losing control in midfield or mediocre defending. In my eyes, a good result does not necessarily imply the performance was superb.

No you're right. The one thing I don't like about valverdes Barca is the lack of control in midfield. He seems to be happy defending deep. It's just too nerve racking and not the Barca way

Home of Barca Fans