CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

jairzinho

The manner in which we capitulated could ultimately be a blessing in disguise for us.

Hopefully the club will wise up and begin the process of clearing out all the deadwood in the team. Starting with our good friend Gomes, Vidal and maybe Denis.

Non contributors should be sold as soon as the windows opens.

The Jury is still out on EV even if we win the double. Numerous red flags throughout the season have placed doubts on whether he's fit to continue going forward.

Altomonte

Analysis (Youtube) was good.
Difficult to win with short players that stand still, even if their ball control is excellent.
Last 10 minutes were interesting, but by subbing off Iniesta, EV removed creativity. I don't think Iniesta was too tired, he should have been allowed to finish his probably last CL game.
But that's now water under the bridge.
As to CL, I will root for Liverpool.
Maybe they can work a miracle!

From now on, I hope future Barça coaches never play Messi after only 2 days rest in important games.
He needs at least 3 days to recover after a tough match.

Please check his performances and you will agree.

FC B

overpaid, entitled divas thinking the opponent is mid-low tier liga team.

greater intensity and effort = better results? who would have thought. pique can take that whatsapp banter and fuck off, as can the quiet enablers like messi and iniesta. ramos is twice the leader than all of them.

LFC and Roma are living proofs for that.

kilian

The youtube analysis is great, but it basically shows what we already know - Valverde is a bitch, who hides in his shell. Instead of a reaction when he saw that we are getting destroyed, he did nothing and waited for the game to be over.

What a fucking retard.

FCBfan22

LFC and Roma are living proofs for that.

YES. We lack intensity. Badly. The last game we played with high intensity was Girona and it was beautiful. You can win the league with a bit of intensity here and there, but you can sail through most of matches pretty easily. CL KO is 180 minutes of intensity and Valverde is probably the least intense person I have ever seen.

FC B

That's why proper rotations and resting of key players was and is paramount given our ageing players. It happend before in CL vs ATM and also now vs. Roma.

It's incredible how Klopp managed to be succesfull with that very intense football both at BVB and now at LFC and also ATM was very good at that while Barca was among the worst at this in the final stages of the season.

Sidewinder

LTTP, and I think the coach was the responsible for this debacle. Tired legs plus no gameplan. He rotated today, why not before the cl match too?

Home of Barca Fans