CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

El Flaco

For once, it's a great draw.

Roma barely managed to beat Shakhtar, don't think they'll cause us much problem for us.

El Guaje

Pool - City and Real - Juve are both 50/50 imo.

Liverpool are way too shaky in defense to be able to beat City over 2 legs. If they play at home first and manage to win with atleast a 2 goal difference they might go through, but in any other case City should be the winners.

JPM85

Don't yellow cards reset for the semis?

Correct, my mistake.

49.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on
completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In
addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not
carried forward to the semi-finals

FC B

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Pool beat City. Did last time they played, and their style is perfectly suited to unsettle City: insane press, lightning counter. I'm glad Barca avoided Liverpool tbh, because despite their atrocious defence, I could see them pressing hell out of us, and ripping us on break, especially Mane in behind Roberto.

Exactly.
Seems like Perez can't afford the 'hot and cold' balls this year.

:papaperez:

There is still a draw lef on the 13th of april. He may not afford the hot and cold balls but I'm certain he affords referees, Rocchi from the first tie vs. P$G was a telling example.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Domestic double and CL semi would be a great feat if we remember what everyone thought at the start of the season.

serghei

I have a feeling we'll play the final if we get past Roma. Messi from the Bayern tie would come to life and we will be so pumped for another treble that we'll be very very hard to beat.

MagIX

On paper, yes, best possible draw
But Roma is not to be taken lightly, they won the group stage ahead of Chelsea and ATM

Horatio

You're welcome
On paper, yes, best possible draw
But Roma is not to be taken lightly, they won the group stage ahead of Chelsea and ATM

Nevertheless we can still be happy about the draw. However way you put it I will pick Roma over Bayern, City, Liverpool, Juve any day.

I might have preferred Real actually....but can't complain.

Home of Barca Fans