CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

Horatio

You're welcome
I have a feeling we'll play the final if we get past Roma. Messi from the Bayern tie would come to life and we will be so pumped for another treble that we'll be very very hard to beat.

But a couple of days ago you made fun of me for smelling a treble.

Not wanting to jump the gun, but things are starting to align. With the lead in La Liga we might be able to rest crucial players and I am sure most players feel like with Xavi it would be a great send-off for Iniesta if he left winning the treble.

MagIX

Nevertheless we can still be happy about the draw. However way you put it I will pick Roma over Bayern, City, Liverpool, Juve any day.

I might have preferred Real actually....but can't complain.

I am happy too, obvious.

serghei

But a couple of days ago you made fun of me for smelling a treble.

Not wanting to jump the gun, but things are starting to align. With the lead in La Liga we might be able to rest crucial players and I am sure most players feel like with Xavi it would be a great send-off for Iniesta if he left winning the treble.

I didn't. If anything, I always said anything can happen in CL, and Barca winning it surely won't be that big of a surprise. We have our chance like most of the other teams. But outside beating Roma which we should do, we aren't favorites against anyone.

A good draw can come a long way.

Devils

If both Real and us advance to the next round, my hope would be to draw them in the semis.

No one has been able to stop them in the past two years but we haven't had our opportunity yet.

Givenchy

Roma aren't a bad team atall but we gotta be happy with an easier draw for once. i think their inexperience at this level will show

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
How good is their goalkeeper? Seen a lot of Roma fans and experts saying that he could be the key to win them this tie.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Read Barca players preferred Roma too as they wanted to avoid Sevilla because Spanish teams "know Barca better".

kattanib

Barça has dodged several bullets and now just needs to capitalize on that. This is really a nice draw. First at home. What else to ask for in the last 8th of UCL.

Fyi, statistically speaking teams are better off playing the first leg game away. Just saying.

JerseyAddict

Fyi, statistically speaking teams are better off playing the first leg game away. Just saying.

Yes. I am aware of thar fact. But tbf if that was the case it would be cookie over the cake. Barça got Roma. It is such a nice draw that it can't be asked for more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde:

"Roma are a tough opponent for a lot of reasons," he said. "Because of what they've done, what they've won, they're in the last eight of the Champions League, they have a very good coach, [sporting director] Monchi knows us very well, they beat Chelsea, knocked out Atletico Madrid...

"I have a huge amount of respect for them. All this about them being the best opponent for us to get, I don't believe that. They will be a very tough rival."

T

TS88

I think Barca, Madrid, City and Bayern all progress. The second leg being played at the Bernabau will give Madrid the edge over Juventus.

These are the Semi matchups I would like to see.

Barca vs Madrid
City vs Bayern

A Barca vs City final would be epic.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans