Lliga | Round 29: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 2-0

KingLeo10

Its a seven up waiting to happen. If we face Bayern or City they will easily school us. And its clear to see not some doom and gloom stuff.

teams aren't suddenly gonna put 7 past us when juventus (x 2), real, chelsea ( x 2), atletico (x 2) have failed to score more than 1 in a game.

in 2013 we didn't play messi in 1 leg and he was injured in the other leg v bayern. also had a manager on cancer treatment and a team that was conceding 2-3 goals in liga games to the likes of levante and sociedad with defenders like adriano, old puyol, and bartra.

valverde isn't ideal and neither is this barca but relax. at worst, we'll lose.

booge

Its a seven up waiting to happen. If we face Bayern or City they will easily school us. And its clear to see not some doom and gloom stuff.

No doubt that's the way to isolate messi aswell at the same time. You need someone like iniesta who might be able to put a pass right in this situation,

raskolnikov

teams aren't suddenly gonna put 7 past us when juventus (x 2), real, chelsea ( x 2), atletico (x 2) have failed to score more than 1 in a game.

in 2013 we didn't play messi in 1 leg and he was injured in the other leg v bayern. also had a manager on cancer treatment and a team that was conceding 2-3 goals in liga games to the likes of levante and sociedad with defenders like adriano, old puyol, and bartra.

valverde isn't ideal and neither is this barca but relax. at worst, we'll lose.
I know we wont get it as badly as 2013 but the writing is on the wall for a schooling bevause of the way we play. I know we expected nothing after supercopa and results are very good but our playstyle in february, against Chelsea and in the second half today are worrying. I just cant warm up to Valverde’s safety first approach and subs. On paper its all very good and we are in a great position to win la liga but since it feels like we are the floyd mayweather of football this season you are still left with a kind pf sour taste after a win sometimes.

Horatio

You're welcome
On paper its all very good and we are in a great position to win la liga but since it feels like we are the floyd mayweather of football this season you are still left with a kind pf sour taste after a win sometimes.

Quite funny analogy because Floyd Mayweather is considered the best boxer of all time by many.

raskolnikov

Quite funny analogy because Floyd Mayweather is considered the best boxer of all time by many.
Not by me, he is a safety first calculating coward with great skills. Like Barca under Valverde where we are normally more like Sugar Ray Robinson🙂

Cebela

I dont know what the hell are you talking about...we destroyed them in the first half..got through 2nd without any touble, without breaking a sweat...with Valverde we can be comfortable when we lead because he is smart. we let the opponent to have the ball while we easily break their attacks and if neeeded we go in to a counter attack. We played without Busquets, Iniesta and Suarez and had at least 5 goal scoring opportunities and they didnt have even one shot (talking about first half). I am still convinced that Peps City wont be a match for Valverdes Barca. City had their few months when they were amazing but know they are far less convincing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think we are "conserving energy" at all. We simply run out of steam, Valverde's conservative subs also show it.

BerkeleyBernie

Wondering if the absence of Suarez had anything to do with the great first half where Barça moved the ball very well. Suarez is liable to be caught offsides, try a turn that fails, or bobble a wall pass- all interrupting the team rhythm. Opinions?

Home of Barca Fans