How much do the 'invincible'-status count?

Would you trade the invincible-status for anything?

• I would trade for the Copa trophy: Domestic double (CL-quarters)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarçaBarça

'The invincibles' is a mythological status only achieved by very few clubs in the worlds biggest leagues: Juventus, Milan, Arsenal and Preston.
The teams with this status are truly historic, as it is very easy to see the pull of 'the team which cannot be defeated'.
Bonus-info: When Arsenal won the PL as invincibles the trophy was gilded to commemorate the extraordinary achievement by the team (it is unknown, and maybe unlikely La Liga will do something similar).

The question is: Does this matter at all to spoiled Barca-fans on barcaforum, or would we (hypothetically) prefer a minor trophy instead, or doing better in CL.
I thought about the best way to take the temperature of the forum on this matter, and figured out 3 possible scenarios to choose from.

What is assumed to give the best comparison with regards to the status as invincibles in itself:
1) We don't win CL in any of the scenarios
2) Real Madrid don't win CL in any of the scenarios

Feel free to elaborate below or comment about related things like:
Should we give youngsters the chance if the league is secured 3 games from the end, or go all in to keep the invincible status for example.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Counts for little imo. Same as that Tito's record season. I mean it's a nice stat but that's all.

Vilarrubi

I’m struggling to make sense of the options...

CL Final: La Liga (CL final) ??

And how can you trade invincible status for Invincible + La Liga?

BarçaBarça

I’m struggling to make sense of the options...

CL Final: La Liga (CL final) ??

And how can you trade invincible status for Invincible + La Liga?

Sorry, maybe it's not crystal clear, but the first option is when you don't want to trade for anything, and prioritizes the status higher than a Copa-trophy or a CL-final.

The second scenario is a trade of the invincible-status for a CL-final (but still a league win).

Alik

Going undefeated would be an incredible achievement that would surely be well remembered and celebrated.

That being said, I would trade it for just winning La Liga and having the chance at a CL final.

Why in the world would anyone choose an invincible season over over a CL final + La Liga title? Either way we're going to win the league, why would we throw away a shot at another CL title for a meaningless invincible status?

Do you realize how difficult it is to make a CL final? I would throw away the league title itself if it meant getting into the CL final. CLs are historic, that's why we only have 5 even though we're one of the most successful clubs in the competition's history.

Alik

Why in the world would anyone choose an invincible season over over a CL final + La Liga title? Either way we're going to win the league, why would we throw away a shot at another CL title for a meaningless invincible status?

Do you realize how difficult it is to make a CL final? I would throw away the league title itself if it meant getting into the CL final. CLs are historic, that's why we only have 5 even though we're one of the most successful clubs in the competition's history.

Really? And if you lose the CL final, then what?

If we end up losing the CL final that would suck, but what would suck even more is knowing that we may have given up our last chance to win the CL trophy with Messi and possibly for a very long time for one extra league title. League titles will come and go, but you never know how long it could take to reach another CL final. I would take the risk and even if we ended up losing the final I would have no problem since it's better to have tried and lost rather than to have never tried at all and live with the regret of what could've been.

Last edited:

henias

If Madrid is the king of UCL, you think we can't be kings of Europe as well? We always have to waste all our energy on a useless Copa, while Madrid is brisking through every CL stages. I'd rather we spend most of our energy in the CL and then just treat it as a last bonus trophy. We are argubly the best club in the world and we should go for it.

Alik

If Madrid is the king of UCL, you think we can't be kings of Europe as well? We always have to waste all our energy on a useless Copa, while Madrid is brisking through every CL stages. I'd rather we spend most of our energy in the CL and then just treat it as a last bonus trophy. We are argubly the best club in the world and we should go for it.

What are you on about?

Ursegor

World Champion
Last time a Liga team finished a season unbeaten was 1932 so it's a huge achievement, especially in a league with the 2 Madrid clubs.

Liga + CL + unbeaten in both competitions would be one of the best achievements in football history.

No doubt Real Madrid will put everything into the Clasico in May and win with only 3 games to go though.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans