Son Heung-min

Sweden

Really? Playing where? He's a LW, and we have Dembele, Coutinho and possibly Malcom for that. On right where he'd be far less effective same issue. And he's not a striker so... I mean yes he could probably do a better job than Suarez but that's really not saying much. Imo he's not good enough for us, by quite a distance, in that he's not even one of Tottenham's best players, plus he's just signed a new contract I'm pretty sure and would be ridiculously expensive.

Just had to bring up this post.
It was week already then and in todays reality its kind of amusing.

ASordidGod

Just had to bring up this post.
It was week already then and in todays reality its kind of amusing.

Well I mean, not to sound like a typical can't-admit-they're-wrong forum dweller, but I stand by the bulk of that opinion. (Though admittedly the bit about Dembele, Coutinho and Malcom is pretty funny; or at least it would be if it wasn't such a tragic indictment of our transfer policy.) I still DON'T think he's good enough for Barcelona, particularly for what he would cost. Yes okay he scored a fantastic goal, but he's only really effective with space to run into. Against City for example he looks a world beater, against Utd however, say, as with last week, he was anonymous. Obviously there are exceptions, but imo he's too inconsistent. And not good enough in tight spaces.

Sweden

Well I mean, not to sound like a typical can't-admit-they're-wrong forum dweller, but I stand by the bulk of that opinion. (Though admittedly the bit about Dembele, Coutinho and Malcom is pretty funny; or at least it would be if it wasn't such a tragic indictment of our transfer policy.) I still DON'T think he's good enough for Barcelona, particularly for what he would cost. Yes okay he scored a fantastic goal, but he's only really effective with space to run into. Against City for example he looks a world beater, against Utd however, say, as with last week, he was anonymous. Obviously there are exceptions, but imo he's too inconsistent. And not good enough in tight spaces.

I agree with you about the pricetag maybe beeing to high but i actually preferd him over G-man last window.
He maid more sense to me then G-man and i still think he would have been a better fit.
You have a good point about him needing more space and we are a slow team nowadays but he would atleast offer us something we need in counterattacks.
Lets agree to disagree. ;)

JohnN

I agree with you about the pricetag maybe beeing to high but i actually preferd him over G-man last window.
He maid more sense to me then G-man and i still think he would have been a better fit.
You have a good point about him needing more space and we are a slow team nowadays but he would atleast offer us something we need in counterattacks.
Lets agree to disagree. ;)

It's something more than open spaces he is good at. Penetrating from the wing. That is what we are missing with Griezmann as a winger.

Andresito

Staff member
6xec1c68ly961.png

Yannik

This just shows the xG stat is not accurate enough when two of the best finishers of the past decade in Ronaldo and Lewandowski score that low.

xG has some flaws but I'd say it mostly shows that finishing isn't the bread and butter to a strikers game as much as positioning is. We just can't measure the latter.

Andresito

Staff member
This just shows the xG stat is not accurate enough when two of the best finishers of the past decade in Ronaldo and Lewandowski score that low.

xG has some flaws but I'd say it mostly shows that finishing isn't the bread and butter to a strikers game as much as positioning is. We just can't measure the latter.

No correlation but the high volume of goals for Lewa and Ronaldo (and Auba) without exceeding xG shows that they constantly get into the "usual" scoring positions which kind of equals great positioning and awareness.

Also shows that Son usually scores very unconventional goals and that's the feeling I get whenever I see him score, always some weird angle that ends up being a goal.

Different type of finishers. CR and Lewa bury the chances they get, which is what you want from your striker. As long as the number of goals is high there's no problem. Players around create, and they finish.

Morten

It gives you something, and the list is full of top attackers.
Though, obviously it doesnt give the full picture, i mean, is Werner a better striker than Lewandowski? Is Immobile the best striker in the world since 16(Son, Messi aren't exactly strikers)? Obviously not.

Laplacian

It doesn't give the full picture because you're misinterpreting the information, lol.

All it says that relative to the volume and quality of his chances, Lewandowski's doesn't underperform or overperform. Considering the quantity of his goals, Lewandowski frequently and consistently converts goals from optimal goal scoring positions. However in contrast to say a Messi, a Kane, or a Son - he's less likely to produce an "individualistic" goal; goals from less optimal goal-scoring positions. It's not at all saying Lewandowski's a worse striker than Immobile, Son, or whatever.

Last edited:

Temptation

This guy is such an amazing finisher with either feet it's unreal.

Best Asian player ever.

He deserves to play for a club winning trophies

Home of Barca Fans