Which is the best match to go to?

tc125

Hello everyone!

I have never been to a Barcelona game, and now I'm living in Catalonia for the year and it's my first opportunity to go! I am beyond excited.

Being my first match, I want to make sure it's a good one. Of the remaining, I think Chelsea and Madrid are out of my price range. That leaves me with:

Ath. Club Bilbao
Leganés
Valencia
Villarreal
R. Sociedad

I was thinking of going to Ath. Club Bilbao or Leganés, even though they are not the best teams because the tickets are cheaper. But at the same time I want to make sure the good players like Messi, Suárez, Jordi Alba, etc. are playing. Do you think that either of those games would be worth going to?

If not, which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Força Barça!

moreino

I wouldn't choose Leganés because if Barcelona knocks out Chelsea, the quarter-finals CL round will be just before and after that game, mid-week. So I expect a heavy rotation for the game against Leganés.
My choice would be Valencia: strong opponent with good players. Bilbao would be my 2nd choice, a team with a strong character.

tc125

Thanks for the input Moreino! It definitely helps a lot, as I don't know a whole lot about how these things work.

barca_316

Villarreal would also be a good one. On another note I will be in Barcelona for 3 days for the Chelsea match. Would you know of any youth teams/clubs where I could go and observe/meet the coaches? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Home of Barca Fans