Which CM player would you sign?

Which CM would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raketa10

If you could choose one CM player to sign for Barca in summer which one would you choose? Of course Verratti is not an option.

Last edited:

Messi983

Arthur is already a done deal and Alena should be given a chance to prove himself but I still wouldn't mind another midfielder. I think from the ones you mentioned Saul is absolutely unavailable because he won't leave ATM even if we'd be prepared to pay his buy out clause (150M IIRC). I don't think Thiago's return is likely either and he's just too injury prone and not exactly a youngster anymore turning 27 next month for me to be comfortable paying crazy money Bayern would ask if they would be willing to sell at all.

While he's extremely talented from what I've seen so far from Tielemans in Monaco he's not exactly setting the world on fire this season and have failed to establish himself as a clear starter at one position (he's been used in different positions) so I think Monaco will keep him for another season (they will already get 180M for Mbappe and could get another 100M+ for Lemar so they don't have to sell anyone else) to maximize his value. At the same time staying there instead of moving to a bigger club right now would probably be the best decision for Tielemans's career as well. So I don't really consider him as an option for now but as long as he stays in Monaco and keeps developing we should keep an eye on him for the future.

That leaves Frenkie De Jong who is also a talented kid but I don't think he's ready for the next big step in his career. Buy him and leave him at Ajax for another season would be something I could get behind but everything depends on price. If we can get him for 30-40M while leaving him on loan then I'd do that but if Ajax will demand 50-60M or even more then it's just not worth the risk and with us already paying 140M for Griezmann and Arthur I also don't think we can financially afford another big investment unless we'll get 80-100M for selling our rejects which is almost impossible.

With Arthur only coming in January we probably won't see much of him next season so I think we need someone to rotate with Busi/Raki before that (especially in a year after World Cup when tiredness and injuries happen more often) unless we are willing to give a chance to Samper or Oriol B. but they will both be coming back from longterm injuries at the start of next season so seriously counting on them as rotational players could maybe be too much for them straight away. And they both also don't have much top level experience even though Samper has "played" in La Liga for 2 seasons.

My choice would be Fabian Ruiz who we can get for 30M. I think he could cover for both Busi and Raki and he was also a winger earlier in his career so he could also possibly be used as a wide midfielder in Paulinho/Gomes role if we stick with 4-4-2.

Another player who that Pedro Garcia guy keep mentioning on twitter as a possible option but I haven't seen other media like MD or Sport linking us to him a lot is Max Meyer. His contract with Schalke is expiring in June so we can get him for free. He started his career as a winger/SS, but has moved into more deeplying playmaker role this season. Didn't follow him much so [MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] and other people following BL closer could say more about him but he's been a starter for S04 since he was 17/18 and has played around 150 BL games so far. Based on his versatility and being available on free it wouldn't hurt to take a flier on him and see what he can offer but it's very likely he'll prefer to go to Bayern (even if they don't need him but that's where young German players usually end up) or another club where he'd expect to get more minutes and/or more money.

Raketa10

Frenkie de Jong is very talented young player. IMHO he looks like some kind of mixture of Xavi and Busi and we for sure need to watch carefully his development. Also the fact that he can play CM, DM and CB is very interesting.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Right now I won't replace Rakitic, I really don't think we can make upgrade over him in the current market.
We have Alena but he is more AM/attacker than a CM tbh. But he will deserve to get his chance, Arthur seem like a done deal too.
Question depends on situation of the players we have, I don't like too thin squad tbh which seem EV lately doing. If Gomes,Denis & Iniesta leaves we will need someone else in summer.
In such case my choice for now will be Fabian Ruiz, but too many if to think about it

Joan

I've been impressed by Tanguy N'Dombele, playing for Lyon. Looks promising, composed on the ball, great skills, not weak, does defend.
Wouldn't buy him this season, but since players from Lyon rarely flop - would keep an eye on him.

JamDav1982

Dont know why Eriksen gets brought up when discussing controlling type midfielders.

He is an attacking mid that most of time goes direct as possible.

Shots, crosses, attempted risky passes forward tries all the time not type who tries to control a game.

Home of Barca Fans