User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 1-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game from the team and the coach. Tough turnaround from the Canary Islands just three days ago.

Most of the team played really well. Including Games (except he should not even try to finish).

So, the opponent was Atletico Madrid. Did anyone really expect Barca to look brilliant against the world's best defensive team? Scoring an entire goal vs. AM is cause for celebration. The AM offense has been good in 2018, the Barca defense pretty much snuffed them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    Great game from the team and the coach. Tough turnaround from the Canary Islands just three days ago.

Most of the team played really well. Including Games (except he should not even try to finish).

So, the opponent was Atletico Madrid. Did anyone really expect Barca to look brilliant against the world's best defensive team? Scoring an entire goal vs. AM is cause for celebration. The AM offense has been good in 2018, the Barca defense pretty much snuffed them.
    and Atletico was on a long winning streak. It's a massive win and impressive one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep had xavi younger busi and andres

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know what u guys are talking about, barca has always and i mean always struggled to create anything against
    parked buses teams, during pep era they even struggled more, need i remind you our game against Chelsea when ineista
    scored the late equalizer, but i remember that barca has never i mean never was able to shut down teams like we did yesterday
    remind me of any game where barca managed to shut down a team like yesterday, even parked buses teams have always
    created so many chances against us on counter attack, but with valverde still against an attacking we look good and and our attack is really great
    like against real this season when we won 3-0.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raedkuwait View Post
    i dont know what u guys are talking about, barca has always and i mean always struggled to create anything against
    parked buses teams, during pep era they even struggled more, need i remind you our game against Chelsea when ineista
    scored the late equalizer, but i remember that barca has never i mean never was able to shut down teams like we did yesterday
    remind me of any game where barca managed to shut down a team like yesterday, even parked buses teams have always
    created so many chances against us on counter attack, but with valverde still against an attacking we look good and and our attack is really great
    there is myth going around when we talk about pep´s barca and breaking buses, like they cant check highlights of 2009 match vs chelsea and how best team ever was outplayed and iniesta lucky goal was reason why they went through, then inter, in 2011, barca didnt face any strong defensive team and CL trophy was easier to get. Then 2012 chelsea with 10 players, chelsea who was near relegation zone in PL.

what about league back then? real who couldnt got past quarters and atletico was midtable club

if this valverde tactic means that barca will not go out, or lose, vs strong defensive teams, then im okay with that

edit: but when it comes to coaches after pep, they need to break buses easily while playing atractive football, double standards
    Last edited by vlad; 5th March 2018 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raedkuwait View Post
    +1

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think many of us are underestimating the win. Fatigued Barca played one of the most in-forms teams in Europe and won. And Atletico created almost nothing.

I am feeling positive about Chelsea. Still have worries about fatigue and injuries but I do see this win as a sign of maturity and stability of our team.

Now they have a full week of rest until Malaga and I hope they use it to relax a bit and re-charge their batteries as this is the last full week of rest until the end of the season.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Now they have a full week of rest until Malaga and I hope they use it to relax a bit and re-charge their batteries as this is the last full week of rest until the end of the season.
    And Malaga has a debt to pay to us and players should destroy that "ice cream club" with ease

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think many of us are underestimating the win. Fatigued Barca played one of the most in-forms teams in Europe and won. And Atletico created almost nothing.

I am feeling positive about Chelsea. Still have worries about fatigue and injuries but I do see this win as a sign of maturity and stability of our team.

Yes, Atletico could beat almost every club in Europe right now, but people don't give them credit for that. Every CL-team would struggle against them.

I also hope that we can rest some key players in Malaga - maybe even Messi on the bench. A rest for Suarez and Pique would be great too, and then give a chance to Dembele for once.

And also the turn from expecting CL-qualification before this season because of unstoppable Real to expecting not only titles and results, but thrashings of the best teams in Europe is a bit overreacting and immature, imo. In the end it comes down to lack of patience regarding the integration of Dembele and Coutinho, and favouring of Gomes, Paulinho and Vidal, and I understand that frustration, but it affects the judgement of Valverde as a coach and our performances on the pitch overall, way too much.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very important win, this was basically a 6-points game and I didn't care too much about how we win as long as we do but I think we've played quite well, especially defensively.

Remaining schedules for Barça and Atletico.

FC BARCELONA: 69 PUNTOS
    J-28 (10 marzo) Málaga-FCB
    J-29 (18 marzo) FCB-Athletic
    J-30 (31 marzo) Sevilla-FCB
    J-31 (8 abril) FCB-Leganés
    J-32 (15 abril) FCB-Valencia
    J-33 (18 abril) Celta-FCB
    J-35 (29 abril) Deportivo-FCB
    J-34 (9 mayo) FCB-Villarreal
    J-36 (6 mayo) FCB-R. Madrid
    J-37 (13 mayo) Levante-FCB
    J-38 (20 mayo) FCB-R. Sociedad

ATLÉTICO DE MADRID: 61 PUNTOS
    J-28 (11 marzo) ATM-Celta
    J-29 (18 marzo) Villarreal-ATM
    J-30 (1 abril) ATM-Deportivo
    J-31 (8 abril) Real Madrid-ATM
    J-32 (15 abril) ATM-Levante
    J-33 (18 abril) R. Sociedad-ATM
    J-34 (22 abril) ATM-Betis
    J-35 (29 abril) Alavés-ATM
    J-36 (6 mayo) ATM-Espanyol
    J-37 (13 mayo) Getafe-ATM
    J-38 (20 mayo) ATM-Eibar

I think Atletico's schedule looks easier and their home games should all be easy winnable but at the same time after their loss yesterday I think they'll concentrate more on Europa League and they also have short bench so I think they'll lose/draw some away matches (I'll really root for Real to win El Derbi madrileño) to get around 22-24 points so they'll finish around 83-85. Because we also have h2h advantage over ATM we would only need about 14-16 more points to win the title.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also hope Real wins El Madrileno. They can arrange pasillo for themselves on Camp Nou.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    I also hope Real wins El Madrileno. They can arrange pasillo for themselves on Camp Nou.

I hope we beat them too, as punishment for letting Barca rests as many players as they want for the rest of the season. Thanks alot, Patetico, you just increased Barcas chances in the CL considerably.

Danger Ahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for everyone, we have Copa Catalunya on Wednesday . Dembele, Mina, Gomes, Digne, Paco, Vidal and Denis got called up for this match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great win, I felt Barca were the better team throughout. AM created very few if any chances, huge 3pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    It is clear that he put cou/or/iniesta.
    Not both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72Ade-q1_400x400.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	7730