Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 1-0

JamDav1982

Our dependence on Messi and Suarez is absolutely ridiculous.

Messi has 23 goals and 12 assists in the league, Suarez has 20 goals and 6 assists, which means they're involved in 61 goals in the league. We scored 69 goals lol, I don't think any team in the world rely so much on two players like Barca do.

People who complain about rotations and not resting Messi and Suarez need to understand that this current Barca team isn't able to score a goal without those two.

It doesnt mean they have been involved in 61 of 69 goals.

Even then youare giving them almost full credit for goals whether they assist or score them.

henias

Messi has 23 goals and 12 assists in the league, Suarez has 20 goals and 6 assists, which means they're involved in 61 goals in the league. We scored 69 goals lol, I don't think any team in the world rely so much on two players like Barca do.

People who complain about rotations and not resting Messi and Suarez need to understand that this current Barca team isn't able to score a goal without those two.

They two are only goalscorers because they are set up as the only two attackers. They dont get much support in attack. And think about it, who is to blame? Who else?

gasgas

Some of Messi goals, are Suarez assists
Some of Suarez goals are Messi assists.

Numbers don't add up like that

Stoichkov1

It doesnt mean they have been involved in 61 of 69 goals.

Even then youare giving them almost full credit for goals whether they assist or score them.

Of course I give credit to a player who scores or assists, the goalscorer and the assist provider are the two players more responsible for a goal.

JamDav1982

Of course I give credit to a player who scores or assists, the goalscorer and the assist provider are the two players more responsible for a goal.

You missed the point but never mind. Your maths is off anyway.

They have not been involved in 61 of 69 goals though and would guess % of goals involving other players would be a decent amount as well.

vlad

If Paulinho,Gomes or Vidal start ahead of Coutinho and/or Dembele,it will be confirmed that EV is not capable for this job.

And if he win against atletico with that line up?

Edit: i know already, i he win its because of luck, if he lose its because he doesnt know his job

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Every sane coach would start our standard 10 players (MATS, Alba, Titi, Pique, Roberto, Busi, Raki, Iniesta, Messi and Suarez) plus one of Coutinho/Dembele.

But I'm questioning Valverde's sanity at this point.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

Wrong about what?

Your maths is wrong without a doubt. They have not been involved in 61 of 69 goals unless never assisted each other once all season.

Suarez and Messi didn't assist each other so often so they're still involved in most of our goals.

TrueCule

I read a lot of criticism and almost panic on this forum after a few bad results but I think that our players were underperforming due to the busy schedule in February. There were a lot of matches which resulted in fatigue and worse performance by some players. That's completely understandable to me. We still have everything in our hands, we still decide our own fate. We usually step up when the Spring comes. Even in last few seasons I remember that we had some bad streak of matches in Januray/February. It seems that February just isn't our most successful month.

What matters the most is that we slowly begin to step up our form when the Spring arrives. This is the most important time of the season when we have to be at our best.

I expect our team to step up their game and win this match. A draw would be a bit dissappointing however we would still keep the 5-point gap which would keep them at a safe distance. A defeat on tomorrow's match is of course unacceptable, but because we're playing at home it's highly unlikely. I trust in the board, in EV's tactical plan and in players. Let this match be a momentus changer and moral boost for everyone.

Last edited:

bismp

I read a lot of criticism and almost panic on this forum after a few bad results but I think that our players were underperforming due to the busy schedule in February. There were a lot of matches which resulted in fatigue and worse performance by some players. That's completely understandable to me. We still have everything in our hands, we still decide our own fate. We usually step up when the Spring comes. Even in last few seasons I remember that we had some bad streak of matches in Januray/February. It seems that February just isn't our most successful month.

What matters the most is that we slowly begin to step up our form when the Spring arrives. This is the most important time of the season when we have to be at our best.

I expect our team to step up their game and win this match. A draw would be a bit dissappointing however we would still keep the 5-point gap which would keep them at a safe distance. A defeat on tomorrow's match is of course unacceptable, but because we're playing at home it's highly unlikely. I trust in the board, in EV's tactical plan and in players. Let this match be a momentus changer and moral boost for everyone.

Yeah we totally step up when Spring comes.

Last year,we lost 3-0 to Juventus.

The year before we got our ass kicked by Atleti in the CL and nearly lost a 10 point lead to RM.

In 2014,we got dominated by Atleti in the CL,lost the CDR final to Real and won only 8 of our 13 games in La Liga,including 3 straight draws to finish the season,which resulted in losing La Liga.

In 2013 we BARELY got past PSG and then we were HUMILIATED by Bayern in the CL.

Also,if we draw against Atleti tomorrow and maintain the 5-point lead,then that would be anything but a safe distance.One draw or loss and then Atleti will be extremely close.

Home of Barca Fans