Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 1-0

henias

To be honest I don't think Dembelé should start. He's good with space in front of him and against teams like Girona that use a high defensive line while he struggles against a parked bus.

The only 3 players who are able to create something against a wall of 11 players are Messi, Suarez and Coutinho(who faced parked buses all the time under Klopp so he's used to deal with them).

Paulinho or Vidal wouldnt even be able to do shit against Girona because they so damn slow and sloppy. Coutinho struggled with parked buses as well. Same as Messi. The key is to get fast and creative players to transition quickly, slow players will make it worse. Parked bus will need fast players to test their defence and half spaces, nobody is asking Dembele to play like Neymar and run at defence alone. He just needs to fully exploit spaces unlike Paulinho, who's hiding behind the 2 lines of defence all the time, zero positional play.

Coutinho will play on the right and has been very ineffective. Might as well go for Dembele.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

fortunately*

Let's hope Paulinho and Vidal join him there soon. As in by the end of the week, or our season is done.

Putting players in doghouse isn't a good thing for the team no matter how bad they are. Deulofeu,Denis,Arda and now Gomes has all been put there. We need to keep our squad relatively big even if that means we use some players we don't like.
In short, I don't like sidelining players completely

Barcilliant

Just imagine if we get past Chelsea and face Utd in the CL. That will be comedy gold.

Mourinho vs Mourinho lite. Utd will have 10 players behind the ball and we will have ten players doing sideways and backwards passes. 0-0 in both games and then penalty shoot out.

Barcilliant

Can someone tell me why we have to take the game to AM?

We were most successful under Lucho against them when we counter attacked. Us pressing the game and attacking results in frustration with the parked bus. If they want the three points let them come to us.

Valverde may be a defensive coach, but the goals we conceded under Enrique were ridiculous. We got humiliated against PSG and Juventus last year in UCL.

I'm very happy with Valverde considering everyone was saying ' Barca are in crisis' and now we are on course for a third historic treble.

I personally wanted LVG to take over from Enrique but I'm happy with Ernesto

Cebela

What the lineup should be:

Mats
Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
Busquets
Rakitic-Iniesta/Coutinho
Dembele-Messi-Suarez

What it will be:
Mats
Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
Paulinho-Busquets-Rakitic-Iniesta
Messi-Suarez

We're going to lose. Bye bye La Liga :(

I am so disappointed Barca didnt hire you. You sound so smart not like this Valverde guy who is a coach only for a few months...while you were getting valuable experience all around the Europe as a coach he was selling kebabs...

No thanks Messi is already horny enough on Antonella as it is :pep:

I get LVG is weird, but even with united he had a great record against the top 6 he was pretty good at Barcelona and even though they let him go he said they did so professionally and they parted on good terms

henias

Copa Del ray? Check

LaLiga? Safe to assume it's in the bag

UCL? I'm confident not many sides can give us an upset.

I think you are underestimating Messi, Suarez, Iniesta and co

Wow you say it like it's so easy and expect Messi to always bail the team out. Team at this state is utter rubbish, no matter how you put it. We already struggled like mad against Chelsea.

With a coach like EV, anything is possible, including blowing a 11 points lead.

We're not on track for a treble, hell we aren't even guaranteed to get past Chelsea. We have a long way to go in the CL and if we lose tomorrow Atleti will only be 2 points behind us in the league, nothing is secured or even close to being secured other than the CDR.

You can say we're "on track" for the treble once we mathematically secure the league and make it to the CL final, anything before that would be premature.

We will make it past Chelsea they lost to Watford and Bournemouth by 3+ goal margins.

Atletico don't scare me we won't be losing to them if we can beat Real Madrid 3-0 away I have complete faith in the team and be coach to secure the treble.

End of the season we will see who will be proven right, saying we're not or we are is an opinion not fact but in my opinion things look good.

Wow you say it like it's so easy and expect Messi to always bail the team out. Team at this state is utter rubbish, no matter how you put it. We already struggled like mad against Chelsea.

With a coach like EV, anything is possible, including blowing a 11 points lead.

Chelsea parked the bus, did you see how much possession we had against them? They can't do that at the Camp. And they know it

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans