Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 1-0

Stoichkov1

Especially if Paulinho and Vidal or Gomes start again. Just so damn slow.

To be honest I don't think Dembelé should start. He's good with space in front of him and against teams like Girona that use a high defensive line while he struggles against a parked bus.

The only 3 players who are able to create something against a wall of 11 players are Messi, Suarez and Coutinho(who faced parked buses all the time under Klopp so he's used to deal with them).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
To be honest I don't think Dembelé should start. He's good with space in front of him and against teams like Girona that use a high defensive line while he struggles against a parked bus.

The only 3 players who are able to create something against a wall of 11 players are Messi, Suarez and Coutinho(who faced parked buses all the time under Klopp so he's used to deal with them).

Then Coutinho should start on the left. He's ineffective on the right side.

khaled_a_d

ter Stegen

Roberto - Pique - Umtiti - Alba

Dembele - Rakitic - Busquets - Coutinho/Iniesta

Messi - Suarez

What's your lineups?

I think it will be our 10+1 again. Our usual 10 starters + One of the others.
Dembele is flavour of the day atm, but him coming back from injury against a team that has been always playing very physical against us? with little space when so far he is less selfish Deulofeu? I won't be that much against Paulinho/Coutinho tbf. Specially considering they need this win more than us

khaled_a_d

And I doubt we will see Gomes btw, since Jan 25 he played only one half. He seem to be in EV doghouse unfortunately

serghei

Too bad Semedo got injured.

I would've went with him at RB and Roberto in midfield, instead of Paulinho.

Not too sure Dembele should start this one. Coutinho from the start for sure though, instead of Iniesta.

Last edited:

serghei

A draw is not the end of the world, but a loss would cause a lot of damage. So, we need to win, but don't go crazy with this game. It's not all in or anything. 5 points is a decent lead, provided Valverde manages to get his head out of his ass.

0-0 or 1-1 would mean we have h2h advantage over them.

Cule4life

The Culest
I'm afraid Valverde will go for safety again with Paulinho and we'll struggle to create chances. We need a little luck/an early goal top open them up else it's gonna be a long night.

Mido

-------Suarez-------------------
-------------------Messi---------
--Iniesta---------------Dembélé
-------------------Rakitic-------
----------Busquets-------------
--Alba-------------------Roberto
-------Umtiti-----Piqué---------
--------------Ter Stegen--------

or I can't see why this wouldnt work with this midfield

--Coutinho----------------------------Dembélé
---------------Iniesta------Busquets-----------

This is Atletico, not Real, I am not that sure Rakitic brings a lot more defensive stability than Iniesta

eaman

Liverpool struggled against 11 behind the ball teams when coutinho was there and still do. Klopps teams like to press teams who don't sit back so much and hit teams quickly. Still he does have that shot on him but will atletico leave him space for it. Anyway iniesta has to start on the left

Home of Barca Fans