Should Barca Sign Griezmann this Summer?

Should Barca Sign Griezmann this Summer?

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Voted Suarez will start slowing down soon because that was the closest I could pick. I don't think Suarez will soon be done or anything and I am his big fan but with both Suarez and Messi in their 30s we could somehow manage all 2 of them in attack with good rotations.

Trickykid

Justin. Fucking. Kluivert.

Justin. Fucking. Wait, what? He's a small, dribbling winger, and about as far in playstyle from Suarez as you can get. I mean, he's an exciting talent and all, but I don't see the connection at all.

Besides, he's in Raiola's fold, so I'd honestly rather stay well clear.

BarcaOG

Banned
i like paco--he has had good attitude and has taken his secondary role in the team without fussing. that said, he's had his chance and it is clear he won't make an impact here. better for all parties for him to leave so he can play regularly and for us to get someone that can really enhance our play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Justin. Fucking. Wait, what? He's a small, dribbling winger, and about as far in playstyle from Suarez as you can get. I mean, he's an exciting talent and all, but I don't see the connection at all.

Besides, he's in Raiola's fold, so I'd honestly rather stay well clear.

Raiola is not an issue as long as he takes his father's advice. Anyway, I would not sign a player from Netherlands unless he's matured and really established himself. Eriksen was what, 21 when he left?

Justin Kluivert is still a kid learning how to play with the tendency to have tunnel vision as many players that age do.

Alik

I don't know.

I'd mostly be worried for Dembele if Griezmann came. Apart from that, I think it's a good idea.

Andresito

Staff member
With Messi, Griezmann would probably perform best as a right inside forward with Messi as a false 9. Although I believe his best position would be the free role that Messi occupies.
However, there is no way that Dembélé, Messi, Suárez, Griezmann and Coutinho could fit in a starting lineup where all of them can fully make use of their strengths.

I think this transfer is too early. The only upside of this is the price, we don't actually need him at the moment.

Best case scenario: he stays at Atlético for at least another year, maybe two, and then we pay his clause.

With Messi, Griezmann would probably perform best as a right inside forward with Messi as a false 9. Although I believe his best position would be the free role that Messi occupies.
However, there is no way that Dembélé, Messi, Suárez, Griezmann and Coutinho could fit in a starting lineup where all of them can fully make use of their strengths.

I think this transfer is too early. The only upside of this is the price, we don't actually need him at the moment.

Best case scenario: he stays at Atlético for at least another year, maybe two, and then we pay his clause.

Think the clause is for this year only. Pretty sure I read somewhere that it goes back up to 200 in July, actually.

Last edited:

serghei

i like paco--he has had good attitude and has taken his secondary role in the team without fussing. that said, he's had his chance and it is clear he won't make an impact here. better for all parties for him to leave so he can play regularly and for us to get someone that can really enhance our play.

Have to agree. He can impact some games, but it's just a shame to spend your career as a bench player, rarely playing. Would be better for him to go.

FCBfan22

Well if we sign Griezmann and sell Dembele, we have exactly 0 players, who are good as RW's and it's their primary position.

Home of Barca Fans