Should Barca Sign Griezmann this Summer?

Should Barca Sign Griezmann this Summer?

• Total voters

jamrock

I was for it at first but now I don't know, it seems like over kill with the players we have now, real life isn't FIFA plus if we don't handle dembele well then he could just burn up in flames, as he would most likely be the one who gets shafted, especially with a coach like valverde.

If saurez was leaving then 100 percent yes, but as thing stand now, I'm not so sure, I can definitely see the pros of signing him though.

JamDav1982

Griezmann will offer a lot that Barca dont have.

Suarez is getting older and Dembele needs to prove he is good enough week in week out.

Cant see the 'too many superstars' being much of a problem as can always let the least effective of them go if it is an issue to them.

BarçaBarça

I also think about it this way: Griezmann is an obvious world-class striker, who isn't young or old, but in his prime, and achievable money-wise.
Who knows what the marked looks like in 2 years? No-one do, and a smart top-club would act know, when we are certain what we get and for what money.

I'm sure there will be a lot of promising strikers to replace Suarez instead of Griezmann, in 1-2 years, but I really don't trust our board to find and get those players.
I think it is a little baffling that there isn't full agreement on planning ahead - it is much better to buy now, than at the time when Suarez has permanently dropped in quality.

Ursegor

World Champion
The squad planning doesn't make much sense to me tbh. If Griezmann comes there is only 1 sustainable formation and that's 4-4-2-ish to accomodate everyone. Which is already the case now. Messi won't play on the wing at his age so 4-3-3 goes out the window unless we go back to Rakitic playing secondary rightback again.

However, if we play 4-4-2-ish with Dembouz on the right, we're extremely lightweight in the middle. Busquets is also turning 30 soon and was never the fastest to begin with. Dembouz on the wing, Coutinho who is a lot more attack-oriented than Iniesta with Busquets and Rakitic holding the middle on their own? I'm sorry, I don't see it.

We're buying big names with no concept at all.

Griezmann-Messi
Coutinho-Busquets-Rakitic-Dembélé

will get murdered on the break. Dembélé out wide, Coutinho between the lines, Messi walking upfront. Simple over the top balls behind Busquets will do the job.

You cannot assume Coutinho to be a like-for-like Iniesta replacement, he is a lot more forward-oriented, if we didn't have Messi he'd play the #10 role.

Home of Barca Fans