Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 26

Thursday, March 1, 21:00 CET

2767808.png
-
20462440.png

-----------

On this matchday, it will be exactly 5 months since we beat visitors from Gran Canaria 3-0.
They are doing even worse since then as they fell further back in the standings and are now 18th and in relegation zone.

We will likely see :halilovic: play as he's been featuring for Paco Jemez side lately.

raskolnikov

I hope las palmas or depor stays up in the end. We should start with a similair line up as last time. It makes for more fun matches. I dont want to see Iniesta, Pique or Suarez play in this match.

Las Palmas have been absolute dog shit this year and have the second worst defensive record in La Liga. We should win this and quite comfortably. Just start an overpowered attacking lineup like last match and end them. That's probably the best way to deal with these lower table teams, overwhelm them with numbers and quality in attack.

Ter Stegen

Roberto-Mina-Umtiti-Digne

Rakitic-Busquets-Denis

Dembele-Messi-Coutinho

Denis is pretty bad, but hey, it was between him Gomes, Paulinho and Vidal for that LM spot since Iniesta really shouldn't be risked just days before the Atletico match. I feel he's better suited to LM than any of Gomes/Paulinho/Vidal. Besides, Denis hasn't gotten any minutes in a long while, it wouldn't hurt to give him a run out against easy opposition.

Mido

---------------Paco-------------------------
-----------------------------Messi---------
--Coutinho------------------------Dembélé
--------------------------Roberto-----------
-------------Busquets----------------------
--Digne-----------------------------Vidal---
-----------Mina----------Vermaelen--------
------------------Ter Stegen----------------

I am pretty confident that at this stage Roberto can be an alternative to Paulinho, we should try him in this position again.

If they play, I hope Busquets and Messi get rested very early on around the 55th min

jairzinho

---------------Paco-------------------------
-----------------------------Messi---------
--Coutinho------------------------Dembélé
--------------------------Roberto-----------
-------------Busquets----------------------
--Digne-----------------------------Vidal---
-----------Mina----------Vermaelen--------
------------------Ter Stegen----------------

I am pretty confident that at this stage Roberto can be an alternative to Paulinho, we should try him in this position again.

If they play, I hope Busquets and Messi get rested very early on around the 55th min

Vidal at right back is a potential nightmare even against Las Palmas.

But i agree with Pique, Umtiti Saurez and Alba getting a rest.

PhilS

This is a game for Coutinho, Dembele and Paulinho. Of the regulars, the most important to give a rest to is Pique. And there will not be a better game to rest Suarez. Why not spare those two this long trip, leave them off the squad?

Others are due for a break, such as Umtitti (looked tired last game), Alba, Busquets, and Messi. However, this season, when there have been too many rotations, the team has not done well. Even against teams near the bottom of Liga. I bet Valverde includes all the first 11 in the starting lineup except for two or three. Let's hope the rotation starters play well enough to not need to be subbed, and that the team gets a big enough lead to rest some key regulars for the last half hour.

Mido

Actually even Busquets and Messi should get rested . Barca have around 60 hours to prepare for this game, mentally and physically after the trip to Las Palmas. Valverde needs to take some risks and spare at least 7-8 players from the gala 11. Coutinho could play in the "Messi" role on the left side with Paco as a striker on the right side And Coutinho might even add more defensive energy as Messi doesn't always press back. I am more concerne about the Iniesta-Busquets issue because they're vey hard to replace and they bring stability

----------------------------Paco------
--------Coutinho---------------------
--Dembélé----------------------Vidal
------------------------Paulinho-----
------------Gomes-------------------
-Digne-----------------------Roberto
----------Mina--------Vermaelen----
---------------Ter Stegen------------

Paulinho is made for this kind of scrappy games

Go through the flanks a alot, Paulinho and Gomes for defensive stability.

Dembélé needs minutes + his connection with Coutinho could be very interesting

FCBfan22

Everyone who put Paco in the lineup:

He wasn't training today, becuase he is ill. So, he probably won't play on Thursday.

Home of Barca Fans