Lliga | Round 26: Las Palmas - FC Barcelona 1-1

5ergio_Busquets

Valverde is doing the same thing he did to Semedo to Coutinho and Dembele: Start them in a game, they do very well then bench them the next game.

Raketa10

I don’t care even if we win this 5-0. Coutinho and Demebele had to be in the starting line up. Simple as that!

5ergio_Busquets

He doesn't trust them enough to start them against Las Palmas! Instead trusts Paulinho and Vidal. Surely this would boost their confidence. Why sign new players when the manager wouldn't trust them no matter how they perform?!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
25k0ys
25k0ys.jpg

fergus90

With how Las Palmas play this would've been perfect for Dembele to further build up some confidence. I just don't understand Valverde, way too cautious all the time.

bismp

I want to support EV,but this lineup is just horrible.Leaving both Coutinho AND Dembele at the bench?What is he thinking?Dembele needs to become familiar with the team,otherwise we have no chance to win the CL with Paulinho.Iniesta will surely start against Atletico ,so yeah,let him play another 90 minutes today.

behindbrowneyes

I miss Paco and Coutinho in the line-up. Thing is Iniesta and Coutinho can't play together imo. They cover the same area of the pitch.

Good that Rakitic gets some rest. Wasn't Suárez one yellow card away from getting banned in the Copa final? When he managed to behave well in that match I'm sure he'll can do it vs Las Palmas.

5ergio_Busquets

With how Las Palmas play this would've been perfect for Dembele to further build up some confidence. I just don't understand Valverde, way too cautious all the time.
This is not being cautious. How can playing Paulinho in the double pivot role be explained with being cautious?

BarcaGirl

I really don't understand why Dembele isn't starting ...this would have been the perfect match for him. Ffs Valverde.

I usually would trust Suarez to not pick up a yellow, but with Mateu being the ref you never know lol. Let's hope for the best.

xXKonan

This is not being cautious. How can playing Paulinho in the double pivot role be explained with being cautious?
Funny thing is Valverde talked about how Dembele still needs to work on his defensive game.

But he still plays Paulinho who's about as tactically drilled as a bag being blown around in the wind.

Home of Barca Fans