Lliga | Round 26: Las Palmas - FC Barcelona 1-1

Why does this manager keep including an injured Pique in every squad? Is Mina so shit he can't even sit on the bench for 90 minutes? If he just rested him after the Chelsea match until this weekend he would be fully healed and at a 100% going into our crucial match against Atleti, but no. He inexplicably started him against Girona, which aggravated his injury and now he's including him in the squad for Las Palmas. Just leave in Barcelona to rest for Atletico, there is no reason for him to even be travelling to the Canary Islands. Bonehead decision after bonehead decision from Valverde.

Biggest coward Barca's had for a manager in a long time.

Raketa10

Why does this manager keep including an injured Pique in every squad? Is Mina so shit he can't even sit on the bench for 90 minutes? If he just rested him after the Chelsea match until this weekend he would be fully healed and at a 100% going into our crucial match against Atleti, but no. He inexplicably started him against Girona, which aggravated his injury and now he's including him in the squad for Las Palmas. Just leave in Barcelona to rest for Atletico, there is no reason for him to even be travelling to the Canary Islands. Bonehead decision after bonehead decision from Valverde.

Biggest coward Barca's had for a manager in a long time.

I am also worried that this team will break in one moment. He is hugely overplaying some players!

Pique, Rakitic, Iniesta, Suarez, Messi, Busi etc. will just get some serious injury or their form will just tumble in one moment. The worst of all is if that happens he'll have to play Mina against Chelsea or City and not Las Palmas. I simply can't understand how is Mina not good enough to be on the bench for the game against Las Palmas?!?! Same goes for Gomes and Denis. FFS just stop playing the same squad in every single game while some players are visibly injured and you have the game which could decide La Liga in less than 70 hours!

He is saying all of the time that he prefers small squad but this is beyond stupid. He could have preferred small squad in Bilbao or Piraeus but in Barcelona wnen you are aiming for La Liga, Copa and CL you simply can not afford to use only 14-15 players most of the time! It's unsustainable.

I am really afraid that we'll break in some crucial game, maybe against ATM this weekend or in CL in some moment. The worst of all is the fact that he might play the best 11 today and again in 2,5 days against ATM.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Watch him call it a learning moment after we crash out of cl fatigued while everyone has been saying it whole season.
Valverde is stubborn like Lucho with some things. I really feel he is wrong for overplaying some, not rotating enough and not enough minutes for youth.
That shows he only wants short term succes which in this case is a double.
We wont win cl for sure. We had an outsiders chance but he is burning it to the ground with every match. Will be another quarter final exit if we even get there.

FinBarcelonafan

This game could be the crucial one. If we win it, we can draw on Sunday but if don't win this and draw or lose against ATM La Liga would be 100% open.

Yes and I know Las Palmas is doing quite poorly this season, but it's not easy place to play(especially when they are fighting for their life) and we will go there with back-ups.

gr98

Busquets and Suarez should be rested imo, unless he's planning to heavily rotate against Malaga next week.

Neeraj

Why do we have a Thursday night kick off? Is it because of the upcoming international break?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should have played yesterday. Tebas screwing us over. Will only have 66 hours between this and the Atletico game considering the team will arrive 3am back in Barcelona.

FinBarcelonafan

We should have played yesterday. Tebas screwing us over. Will only have 66 hours between this and the Atletico game considering the team will arrive 3am back in Barcelona.

and Atletico coming with fresh legs after yesterday's trashing. Damn. It's going to be extremely tough game on Sunday.

PhilS

Stegen, S.Roberto Vermaelen Umtiti Digne- Iniesta Busquets Coutinho-Dembele Messi Suarez

This would be two regulars rotated, Pique and Rakitic. That is plausible, this is the maximum number of rotations Valverde is going with in Liga games. The fact is, this year, more rotations than that have led to pretty bad displays, regardless of the quality of the opponent. I blame the subs for this more than I blame Valverde. He has given most of them their opportunities, but beyond just a couple of them, they have not shown enough. Most obviously, no forward beyond the two superstars has proven he should play ever.

Now, just get a good lead, sub in for Suarez, Busquets, even Messi.

Cebela

Its nice to know that so many people are more capable then Valverde and also have a better undestanding of barca players fatigue even though he sees them every day and so do all the other members of the staff

Home of Barca Fans