wearing madrid jersey to el clasico

olivia4

I'm seeing the clasico at the camp nou in a few months. So... Long story short, the only verified tickets to el clasico we could get were in the VIP section behind the goal.
I've heard that wearing my Madrid jersey (especially there) is a bad idea. However, i'm a 14 year old girl and wondering if that changes anything. Am I more or less likely to get harassed than a grown man would be? Should I just play it safe and leave the jersey at home?

thanks.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm seeing the clasico at the camp nou in a few months. So... Long story short, the only verified tickets to el clasico we could get were in the VIP section behind the goal.
I've heard that wearing my Madrid jersey (especially there) is a bad idea. However, i'm a 14 year old girl and wondering if that changes anything. Am I more or less likely to get harassed than a grown man would be? Should I just play it safe and leave the jersey at home?

thanks.

Not sure where exactly the VIP section behind the goal is, as long as you don't sit in the section where the so-called ultras are you should be fine. There will be planty of Real Madrid fans.

Alexda

Be careful. I mean it's not Champions League where you get banned quite easily because you wear the wrong shirt. But I jut talked to an official agent (Nicebarcelona) and they told me NO NO NO! :lol: I am a Barça fan and I wanted to go with a friend who is a Madrid Fan (Don't really know how this works :)) And he asked me the same question. I wouldn't risk paying that much money and then not getting in.

Galning

I've seen people getting removed from the stadium for wearing Madrid shirts, flags or scarfs. So it's really up to you.

PhilS

Olivia, I know that at your age, you feel the need to be crazy brave. We don't understand why anyone would support Real Madrid, but we have to admit that Madridistas exist. At Camp Nou, I felt no violence vibes, it's not a dangerous type of crowd. But, you will be among 100,000 passionate cules. They believe, they care. The Catalan sitting next to me lost his faith in God during the game, when Getafe got the draw. Remove your hat off during the national anthem, bow to the Queen, take your shoes off before entering the Mosque, do not wear a Real Madrid jersey in Camp Nou.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A simple search on Google turns up quite a few pictures of Real Madrid fans wearing their jersey at Camp Nou. I know how passionate the fans are and how heated our rivalry is, but fans are fans, there are no rules against away fans wearing their jerseys OUTSIDE OF THE ULTRAS’ SECTION practically anywhere in any stadium, why should Camp Nou be different? Plus most fans are pretty laid-back, anywhere.

I’d say exercise caution, use common sense, don’t be a jerk and you should be fine.

camp-nou-stadium-barcelona-spain-13th-of-august-2017super-cup-of-spain-JX5799.jpg

camp-nou-stadium-barcelona-spain-13th-of-august-2017super-cup-of-spain-JX579D.jpg

1478826950_279691_1478827080_noticia_normal.jpg

3c3868ddb91d42809839fac6fc7875bc.jpg

vinni

Last time i went there was 4-5 girls behind me around your age. All where dressed in RM colors, and they had no problems with our supporters. Even when Ronaldo scored, and they where shouting like crazy, nobody bothered them..

That said, i think the atmosphere might be a bit more tense in the upcoming match. Its a league match and Camp Nou will be packed. Most people are nice, and the VIP section sounds safe, but you never know who you bump into. The match itself should be fine, but you need to enter and leave Camp Nou as well.
When i went there it was still holiday. There where alot of tickets avaliable and it seemed most where tourists.

Maybe you should just play it safe and skip the jersey, or cover it on the way in/out. It would suck if your match is ruined by someone being stupid.

Home of Barca Fans