Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 6

Saturday, February 24, 20.45 CET

20462440.png
-
2767701.png

---------------------------------------

We are back to La Liga action this weekend and much has changed since we beat our Catalan friends Girona 3-0 at Montilivi.
Pablo Manchin side has grown into a serious team that plays attractive football too. They are currently 8th placed and are doing a bit worse when playing away so we should be able to see rotations here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They try to attack and play a high line, or a least more so than most teams.

Should be a bit more open game.

PhilS

I'd like to see about half the squad rotated. Need fresh legs, fresh minds, it's time for the other guys to earn their keep.

henias

Come on, expect fresh legs here. Dembele needs to start more, give Semedo more runs. Strengthen the squad as a whole, develop our creativity and attacking side more. Enough 442 and playing safe against every opponent. We aren't exactly a team with defensive attributes; we have tremendous offensive power and have to show that more.

Mido

Time to decisively step it up, highly doubt Valverde will try it, but I would love to have that 3-4-3 :

------------------Suarez----------------------
---Dembélé----------------------------------
-------------------------------Messi----------
---------Coutinho----------------------------
---Alba---------------Busquets-----Semedo
-----------------------------------------------
---Vermaelen------Umtiti------Piqué--------
--------------------Ter Stegen----------------

M

MessiCam

Ter Stegen

Semedo-Mina-Umtiti-Digne

Roberto-Busquets-Coutinho

Dembele-Messi-Suarez

Fat chance of that happening. Dembélé will be a substitute (doubt he will play though), Roberto will start at right back, Rakitic and Busquets will be pivots and Coutinho and Gomes will pick up the flanks.

Have a feeling we will struggle against Girona, Another draw incoming... Points gap will be reduced to 5.

Messi983

MATS
Semedo-Mina-Umtiti-Alba
Coutinho-Busi-Gomes-Iniesta
Messi-Paco

with Dembele coming in for the last 30 minutes.

Then against Las Palmas in midweek:

MATS
Semedo-Pique-Vermaelen-Digne
Dembele-Raki-Roberto-Coutinho
Suarez-Paco

with Messi on for Dembele in 2nd half.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Think we will see rotations here, can see Semedo/Dembele/Coutinho definitely starting, maybe also Paco instead of either Messi/Suarez. Vermalen or Mina should give rest to either Pique or Umtiti.
Girona is tough opponent, dont expect an easy game, but rotations are necessary at this stage.

Messi983

Please tell me you're just trolling with lineup...

-Playing Iniesta after a grueling CL match and a long run of matches without rest
-Starting Coutinho at his worst position as a RM, essentially setting him up to fail
-Gomes is a double pivot with Busquets, let alone starting him in the first place
-Benching Suarez not for Dembele but Paco

:facepalm:

Not trolling. Did you consider both lineups I've posted or just this one? I was trying to give a game of rest to all of our most used players while also trying out different combinations in midfield.

There are 4 days between Chelsea and Girona matches, I would start Iniesta and then let him on the bench against Las Palmas to be fresh for AM which is only 3 days after. It's clear EV won't let him out of the lineup for two consecutive games and it's better for him to start now than away at Las Palmas. I think Girona will also be a tougher opponent and we'll need him more.

We don't know if RM is Coutinho's worst position and I'm pretty sure EV will continue to use him there.

I'd like to see how Gomes would do in a double pivot alongside Busi. We don't have backup for Rakitić role and I think he would do better than Paulinho.

Dembele is not ready to start IMO. I would give him 30-40 minutes now and 60 against Las Palmas. Then we'll see if he's ready to be a bench option against Atletico.

Ronaldinho10

Not trolling. Did you consider both lineups I've posted or just this one? I was trying to give a game of rest to all of our most used players while also trying out different combinations in midfield.

There are 4 days between Chelsea and Girona matches, I would start Iniesta and then let him on the bench against Las Palmas to be fresh for AM which is only 3 days after. It's clear EV won't let him out of the lineup for two consecutive games and it's better for him to start now than away at Las Palmas. I think Girona will also be a tougher opponent and we'll need him more.

We don't know if RM is Coutinho's worst position and I'm pretty sure EV will continue to use him there.

I'd like to see how Gomes would do in a double pivot alongside Busi. We don't have backup for Rakitić role and I think he would do better than Paulinho.

Dembele is not ready to start IMO. I would give him 30-40 minutes now and 60 against Las Palmas. Then we'll see if he's ready to be a bench option against Atletico.

No reason not to use Dembele this is a good game for him to start. Paco isn't a bad option aswell but Dembele needs minutes and a lot if he ever wants to regain his form and confedence. I don't understand why everyone still thinks gomes should play. Let Paulinho or Denis get minutes and have gomes sub in late 2nd. other then that i agree with the formation.

Home of Barca Fans