Lliga | Round 24: Eibar - FC Barcelona 0-2

eaman

I hope valverde isn't prioritising the league over the champions league just coz he hasn't won a league as a manager. I don't think so coz it was always going to be a tough game but maybe he should have taken Messi off after their red card. I just hope all the players get good rest now coz they will definitely need it

ebc_99

The priority is the league every season, and Valverde has done an amazing job to get us to this point unbeaten with pretty much last years team minus Neymar. The league isn't over and we can't drop points right now with the Atletico game in a few weeks, win that then the league is ours.

You can't plan for the champions league unless you want to sacrifice every other tournament, its about hitting form at the right time and getting a good draw. But the league is played over 9 months so there are no excuses, the Champions League is basically the 7 knockout games, the league determines who the best team in each country is and we are looking done the barrel of a 3rd double in 4 seasons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Missed the match but I gather it wasn't a great performance. Still, winning at Eibar gotta count for something as this team has been great defensively this season.

Title is one step closer.

Barcilliant

The priority is the league every season, and Valverde has done an amazing job to get us to this point unbeaten with pretty much last years team minus Neymar. The league isn't over and we can't drop points right now with the Atletico game in a few weeks, win that then the league is ours.

You can't plan for the champions league unless you want to sacrifice every other tournament, its about hitting form at the right time and getting a good draw. But the league is played over 9 months so there are no excuses, the Champions League is basically the 7 knockout games, the league determines who the best team in each country is and we are looking done the barrel of a 3rd double in 4 seasons.
This is the sort of thinking that has led us to becoming a mediocre team in Cl. While Rm prioritize the Cl and lift their game for it we always make excuses about the draw, refs, luck etc

The cl is the biggest competition out there. We have nothing to prove in Spain. We've dominated the league. We need to start winning the cl on a regular basis.
One cl is better than four domestic doubles any day.

eaman

You're right and I usually do think the league is the priority. What I should have said is is he taking the champions league seriously enough. I would have been ok with him resting players today or even taken Messi and iniesta off at half time even if it meant a draw. I mean usually no but a 7 point lead is big enough to do that against an atletico team who will more than likely drop points especially as they are in the Europa league. But look who knows hopefully valverde has it all figured out perfectly and the players will be fresh enough to put in a needed good performance on tuesday

Alik

If Barcelona win the league unbeaten then Messi will win Ballon dor lol.

It seems a few of the folks here have not imagined that scenario. That is a un-real feat.

Surely this is 70% chance now to do this. Atletico and Real still to play.

Probably won't happen. Hopefully it does.

Cebela

Chelsea is weak i dobr understand tour fears...Valverdes tactics will shut down their weak midfield and there will be a kot of space for messi and luisito..Chelsea is poor and we will destroy them

jairzinho

We looked pretty flat today, but most importantly, we still got the win.

You have to admit though this is the same type of game we would have lost last season for sure.

Eibar seemed more up for it and we never really looked like having the desire to take it up a notch or two.

It was pedestrian like football to be honest. Honestly, I think the players have their minds on Tuesday and were saving energy.

PhilS

The passing was not up to the usual Barca standards, though the two goals were lovely. The defense did a good job absorbing pressure. It's not surprising the team seemed a bit out of focus today, good job getting the win on the road.

JedBanker

I am not to concerned as traditionally we tend to play poor between January and Feb, but we really do need to raise our game for Chelsea. We have to be at our best to beat them, I think this is Valverdes first real test as Juve, Madrid and Atleti were all in poor form when we played them. Hopefully we can get a draw at least.

aaron101

I am not to concerned as traditionally we tend to play poor between January and Feb, but we really do need to raise our game for Chelsea. We have to be at our best to beat them, I think this is Valverdes first real test as Juve, Madrid and Atleti were all in poor form when we played them. Hopefully we can get a draw at least.

After we beat Chelsea, you're gonna look for another TEST since Chelsea is also in poor form lol.

JedBanker

After we beat Chelsea, you're gonna look for another TEST since Chelsea is also in poor form lol.

Chelsea have always been a dangerous team for us. They also have big match temperament and are able to raise their game for their opponents. Not to mention that we have a slow build up now and the have V12 engine in their midfield. This game will be extremely different to the other ones we have played.

Home of Barca Fans