Lliga | Round 24: Eibar - FC Barcelona 0-2

behindbrowneyes

He's right. La Liga is a must. He's gonna sub some key players if we do nicely in the first half.

+ it's been a while since this midfield-formation played together.

Wouldn't worry much about the fitness of our players. Valverde is dosing the players more mentally than by minutes. The team's first halves are very often very energy-saving, playing it safe. Team also had some rest this week.

soul24rage

Good lineup, reactions here are beyond hilarious though ��

you can't deny that it is a gamble to start the probable starting 11 just 2 days before an away chelsea match. let's just hope that EV made the right call and we kill Eibar in the first half

khaled_a_d

EV decided that La Liga and Cdr is a must.
In a CL, with tired players, what happens=happens...

I think it is the opposite, if we want to win CL we need rested squad in the tougher times in QF & SF. if we can't win beat Chelsea with this squad with the rest we had we aren't ready to win CL.
We keep dropping points and we won't have the option of resting players in April, and 2016 will happen again

ini4ever

EV decided that La Liga and Cdr is a must.
In a CL, with tired players, what happens=happens...

Pretty sure Barto is happy with that, He defined 16/17 season as a 'success' even though we only achieved Cdr that season let alone not advancing CL semi in recent years.

FinBarcelonafan

Oh shit. We gave no reSt to players and Chelsea rested all. ****. This could end up disaster for us. We drop points in this game and it's massive failure.

jairzinho

DWPhnatX0AAfKRj.jpg

No rest for anyone.

I’d go with this same lineup against Chelsea.

soul24rage

I think it is the opposite, if we want to win CL we need rested squad in the tougher times in QF & SF. if we can't win beat Chelsea with this squad with the rest we had we aren't ready to win CL.
We keep dropping points and we won't have the option of resting players in April, and 2016 will happen again

very good point you make. I just checked the schedule and if we do make it to the semi's, we'll play every 3 days in April. I just think that some people (me included) wanted 1 or 2 players rested for this Eibar game because we play chelsea in 2 days.

serghei

True. We need to dig deep in La Liga and beat Atletico on Camp Nou a month from now, and then we can indeed concentrate on the CL the most. This is one of the trickier games, considering the form of Eibar.

jamrock

Thought he would rest a few players but guess not.

We seem to have gotten Gomes out the XI, now it's time to work on paulinho, I would rather see semedo at RB(give him a chance to prove me wrong) & Roberto in front of him in the bigger games.

Paulinho comes off the bench to bring something different.

ini4ever

If this is the line-up EV going to use against Chelsea then its a good decision. Not sure many managers would change the main lineup before an important game because players need to have play time to get their bodies ready, they could get rested later when there isn't a match between league and CL.

PhilS

Valverde has decided his CL first 11, this is it. It's been a while since these 11 were on the field together, Valverde wants them to mesh today. Dembele, Semedo, they just not have looked good recently, no surprise they are not being chosen.

This is a twice a week team, not like those weenies in the Premier League. They are all rested this week. I bet Coutinho comes in at the half.

Paulinho needs to do better today, I think he will.

Home of Barca Fans